Code of Conduct

Default SotD Wednesday 21 February

Another day in Yerbamate

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 21 February

I am wearing Chergui today...
    It started off very spicy this morning and now turning into a sugar bomb.
    Switched to Le Male after work.
    Last edited by Coconut; 21st February 2007 at 12:49 PM.

Acqua di Parma
    Wishlist is pointless.

Scent twin with Coconut this morning.Absolutely love this fragrance! Spicy ans sweet.but not cloying.

Sampling Annam from Tan Giudicelli again.

My dearest Black Lady, why did you have to throw this beauty into my lap, eh?
    I am in big trouble now, so hopelessly in love with Annam

And guess what? It is discontinued! Of course it had to be discontinued again

Only for sale on what seems to be Russian sites. Me, looking with longing, lovesick eyes at incomprehensible words. The agony!

I want to be adopted by LIB. With unlimited access to the fragrant treasure-trove of my new Italian mommy :bounce:
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Tabu perfume in honour of this golden oldies win in the Basenotes awards.
    DONNA

Parfums MDCI Invasion Barbare - finally a proper name for this beauty!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

I'm wearing Jo Malone's Red Roses body lotion with Tuberose cologne. It's a rosy day today.

I'm wearing Farnesiana today.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Hypnotic Poison.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Sublime today. (thanks again to Twolf!)
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I´m indulged in Vanille Noire du Mexique today. Love this one, and (over-)spray it just as much as my heart and nostrils wish for.

A few degrees below zero here today, but stormy. Felt like I was trying a Jackass stunt when I ran the few meters to bring in the mail...
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Like Riannon, "I want to be adopted by LIB." :bounce:

Based on her recommendations I ordered from Jazztweety and my three samples arrived yesterday (record time!) :bounce: and this morning I carefully showered and laid down my base of pure jojoba and sprayed on Avicina and I am in heaven!

The bright peppery opening blast mentioned by others does not happen on my bod! Rather a slow insinuation of cinnamon orange that blossoms into subtle full bosomed roses of a glowing burgundy, underlaid with oppoponax and creamy sandalwood. And I've only had it on for a few hours.

Can't wait to see how this develops throughout the day - already mysterious and captivating. Many thanks to LIB and to Jazztweety!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Sign me up to be added to LIB's growing-like-wildfire adoptive brood!

And I am scent twins with BrothaG today! :wave: Wearing the newly named and absolutely gorgeous Invasion Barbare from MDCI.

Notes:
    Grapefruit, bergamot, violet leaves, white thyme, cardamom, lavender, ginger, cedarwood, bourbon vanilla, musk

We smell goooooood!!

Have a marvelous Wednesday, all.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Guerlain - Habit Rouge

Freezing cold day here in Trondheim: 16 below zero and strong wind.

Instead of taking a shower (overslept ), I sprayed my whole body liberally with guerlains vetiver. Then applied Organza bodylotion and the eau de parfum.

I have never been a "Givenchy girl "; so all their frags are new to me...they didn't appeal to me when I was younger; don't think I will be a fan now either...have to try a few more I guess.

The new Mitsouko, which I still love dispite being completely brainwashed by vintage 70s Mitsouko. The current formula takes longer to get through the wood to the peach, but it is still quite beautiful and develops nicely on me. And I am very grateful to have smelled the vintage Mitsouko. Now I must get the notion out of my mind that the old way is how it is "supposed to" smell. Times change, ingredients change, people's tastes change.
    That is the way it goes for every vintage perfume. Even if a perfumer wanted to make it exactly the same, it probably would be impossible.

Hanae Mori's Magical Moon for me!

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva
    Sign me up to be added to LIB's growing-like-wildfire adoptive brood!
    LOL! Went from childless to having three gorgeous, fragrant daughters overnight! You're welcome, dear babies Riannon, Taolady and ComDiva, to rummage through my wardrobe any time you wish

Today I'm wearing Serge Lutens Bois et Musc.

Have a lovely Wednesday, all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

the dean of the school where i work noticed that i have been, um, not around in the mornings, so i've had to become an early riser lest i get fired. what woke me up this morning was 10 corso como.

musse, you smell divine. i love that mexique. and i love the name. i want to live in noire mexique, wherever that is. except in mexqiue they probably say negra México.
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Hello everyone ,

I'm wearing Shalimar Eau Légère today; oh and it's truly a masterful creation! Dare I say, I love it almost as much as I love the original

Top notes: Lemon, Bergamot, Orange
    Middle notes: Jasmine, Iris
    Base notes: Vanilla, Amber

DH is wearing Allure Homme

Top notes: Mandarin, Lemon, Peach, Bergamot
    Middle notes: Freesia, Geranium, Rose, Jasmine
    Base notes: Benzoin, Tonka, Sandal, Vanilla
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I'm wearing Farnesiana today too.

Right now, in honor of the BN Awards, SJP Lovely. Later I have a work related dinner to attend in town and am leaning toward Vol de Nuit or Jicky.

Farnesiana edp
    Now that I have a back-up bottle I can sleep so much better at night!! :bounce:

Cuir Venenum 03 (2004)
    Parfumerie Generale
    Daim Blond (2004)
    Serge Lutens
    CG

Trying on Givenchy Ange ou Demon in the morning. Thank you, Tinker, for a sample!

Wearing L'eau d'hiver from a sample. Soft, sweet and has lasted all day.

SotD: Chanel No 19
    SotE: Coco by Chanel

Snowstorm outdoors, and Coco is really suitable for this dramatic weather.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

It's a sunny 70 degrees F here today--we slept with the windows open and now the back door is also open. Cats and dog are very happy.

I'm in Demeter Wild Lettuce!

Bellodgia for me today!

Polo Black....Gary

Ineke After My Own Heart.

L' de Lolita Lempicka.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose
    Cuir Venenum 03 (2004)
    Parfumerie Generale
    Daim Blond (2004)
    Serge Lutens
    What a luscious combo this must be!
    I had the pleasure of trying Cuir Venenum last night and was enchanted with the leather and the coconut smoothness of it (Thank you Quinpus!)
    My first try of the Parfumerie Generale line. A bit dismayed that I like it so much at first sniff.

Today I went for my comforting combo of Chanel no 19 and Sa Majeste la Rose which makes me feel like I am softly enveloped in a sweet rose garden with plenty of lush green grass underfoot.

Tonight, in honor of the awards, I am trying my sample of Shalimar Light ( thank you Shades of Blue) and am delighted to say that it seems to like me!
    This is giving me what I had hoped for from Shalimar. I guess in my case for this frag, less is more. The lemony note is more clean and distinct , the fragrance overall feels more bright. I may give it a full wearing tomorrow.

Everyone here smells so good today, such a tapestry of scents.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Ended up in Misuki for the work dinner...wanted to run no risk of a scent twin there

oops, wrong day
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache