Code of Conduct

Default serge lutens decants in australia

Hi all - I just love coming here, reading and learning so much but nothing beats the real experience!
    I've had a great intro to chanel , CD, LV, CDG, SMN now i feel obliged to experience Serge Lutens, in fact I do not think I will sleep until I have !
    Could anyone in Australia decant any SL for me , preferably as many as possible, of course a reasonable price would help !
    I have tried filtering OZ members but that does not show me members with items for sale / decants, I have also tried searching items for sale but there are so many members and no easy way I can find to narrow them down to oz members, any suggestions or sellers comments would be appreciated - thanks all ! Ed

Default Re: serge lutens decants in australia

Can't help you with decants but if you live in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne, you can a fair number of them (12-14) at Mecca Cosmetica. It'll take you a few visits to try them on your skin and it's not quite the same as having a personal decant but it's free!
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Thanks Ged - there is a Mecca just around the corner from my work in Melb - I will pop in tomorrow - where do you suggest i begin ?
    As you say its just not the same as having your very own ! but its much better than none at all ...

It's very noticeable that almost every Australian in here is from Melbourne. It really is the epicentre of culture in this country!

It's also noticeable that no one in here is from Adelaide! What's up with that?
    Last edited by Eluard; 21st February 2007 at 11:14 AM.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter they are known as liars.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard
    It's very noticeable that almost every Australian in here is from Melbourne. It really is the epicentre of culture in this country!

It's also noticeable that no one in here is from Adelaide! What's up with that?
    Answers: Yes - since we live in a place that goes through a big temperature range, we are better placed to evaluate and fully appreciate scents compared to those in the hotter, more humid capitals to the north and,

No - Santemon is from Adelaide and he was kind enough to send me four Lorenzo Villoresi sample vials several years ago when I first asked the question here about niche scents.
    Renato
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper_244
    Thanks Ged - there is a Mecca just around the corner from my work in Melb - I will pop in tomorrow - where do you suggest i begin ?
    As you say its just not the same as having your very own ! but its much better than none at all ...
    Last time I was there, the ones near the front window are either masculine, or at least wearable by males. The ones inside the store on the shelves seemed more feminine. However, at $150 per 50ml bottle, you would really have to like Serge Lutens scents.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 21st February 2007 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Maybe the market in Melbourne is just bigger?

Anyway I'm from Melbourne and I might have some selling on ebay but I have not updated the information on the site yet - I might just be selling Omnia at the moment. If you check back later I might put some decants up for grabs. I'm thinking of selling an Un Bois Vanille decant and a Chergui sample.

I also agree with the idea of going to the store and testing the fragrances on sale there.
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by jasper_244
    If they still stock Chergui, that is my favourite (no longer available in Brisbane as it was only released for one year).

Next would be Gris Clair - recently out in Aus and I think it is awesome and very masculine, not as thick and sweet as other SLs. Then Daim Blond, a soft fruity leather which is fairly unisex.

Many here like Fumerie Turque, I was ambivalent. Similarly, I was not enamoured with Ambre Sultan or Arabie, but they are definitely more masculine.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Ged, I loved each and every one of the Serge you mentioned. I have not bought bottles of them yet but I suppose I should. Yes, at some point they will discontinue all Chergui stock and I won't know what to do! I don't see Chergui on the shelves anymore but I'm sure they have some in a room in the back... I think.

Jasper, I've just updated my ebay store.
    Last edited by MysteryFemme; 22nd February 2007 at 02:57 PM.
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Hi guys, I was in Adelaide but now reside in Sydney. Mecca Cosmetica is a great place to try out some of the more exclusive perfumes, but I have to say ebay still holds good for me when I want decants or samples of fragrances just not available here. DNA Body Boutique in Melbourne's GPO was a haven for niche scents but they have closed. Another place that's worth looking at is www.artofman.com.au - a relatively new site which stocks Parfums de Nicolai, Annick Goutal, Trumpers, Acqua di Parma and Lalique. They also do sample sets for a reasonable price.