Code of Conduct

Default New: Cacharel Liberté

Not really big news, as Cacharel latest was already announced on several blogs and forums. Yet today Cosmeticnews.com has (a little) more info.

Name: Liberté (Liberty in English duh! LOL)
    Brand: Cacharel (L'Oreal)
    Nose: Domitille Bertier and Olivier Polge (Both from IFF) the duo already worked on Noa Perle.

Not much info about the notes at this time, but Liberté is discribed as an "orange chypre" and comes as an eau de toilette.
    No picture of the bottle either, but the article says it's a tall orange bottle in the shape of a flower.

Liberté targets mostly women between 25 to 35, a segment I personally think Cacharel tried but didn't totaly succeeded to attract with Promesse. As info Amor Amor targets teenagers (and here in Europe lots of them!) and Anaïs Anaïs mostly women over 40 (actually women who wore it in their teens and came back to it).

Press and television campaigns by Mert & Marcus (they did the b&w picture of Kate Moss for the relaunch of Bulgari Femme) feature Brazilian model Giselle Bundeschen. Looks like the amazon's contract with D&G's The One isn't exclusive. I don't totally see how Giselle will integreate the Cacharel imagery but I understand that Cacharel indeed wants "a new tone and new territory" for Liberté.

Launch: April arround the world and Fall for the US.

P.S.: Though Cacharel doesn't really target perfume-aficionados like us with their newer creations, the brand will always have a special place in my heart... It's (now almost 20 years ago) with Loulou, Anaïs Anaïs and Cacharel pour L'Homme that perfume collecting started for me.
    --------------------------------------
    I was able to find the main notes of Liberté on Parfums-Echecs: citrus fruits, Fragipani flower, orange biscuit/cookie, spices and patchouli.

Now, if anyone has a picture of the bottle or even better the ad, that would make my day.
    Last edited by cedriceccentric; 21st February 2007 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Re: New: Cacharel Liberté

I have a special place in my heart for Cacharel fragrances, too, for various reasons. Orange chypre...well, that certainly sounds interesting. I hope it won't be like Coco Mlle in an attempt to reach a wider market, but that it will still smell like a "Cacharel" (original and nice). Thanks for the heads up, Cedric, as usual. I'm looking forward to seeing what this one is like.

I was able to find the main notes of Liberté on Parfums-Echecs: citrus fruits, Fragipani flower, orange biscuit/cookie, spices and patchouli.

Edit: I see you listed the notes. Patchouli and I are not always friends, but sometimes it works for me.
    Last edited by sherrie11; 21st February 2007 at 12:49 PM.

I always look froward to a new Cacherel. An orange Chypre sounds fun, but I've had enough of bakery scents for a while, so the biscuits sort of bring down my interest.

Thank you Cedric,
    I love all things Cacharel so I am so looking forward to this one too!!!! Well, I should correct myself in say "all things Cacharel", but really who would believe the Promesse really is one of theirs anyway? I am so excitedly awaiting Liberté, even though the name is... well Liberté. Those notes however are right my ally .
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

hello, the bottle looks very much like Oscar oscar de la renta saw by agatha ruiz de la prada.the ad has a woman (seems it is gisele, but didn't really recognized her - in the desert, the bottle at the belt).

didn't smell it yet ;(
    La Science des Rêves

Thanks Cedric....Gary