Code of Conduct

Default The longevity of Creed Himalaya

I have received the sample vial of this scent today, and have applied it on my wrist at the same amount I applied MI two weeks ago, but, Himalaya does not last. Only 1 hour! MI lasts more than 8 hours with a bit of juice. Does Himalaya comes in EDT base?

It smells like XS, but less cloying!
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: The longevity of Creed Himalaya

It is a Millesime the same as Millesime Imperial.

Both last easily 10 hours on me, but other basenoters have not been so lucky.

Himalaya is a strange one and I had a similar experience. The samples were extremely fleeting, with barely any sillage. The juice in the bottle though is quite potent - 4 sprays last me 8+ hours. I dont know why the samples are of such a poor quality (I had ordered carded Creed samples from online retailers).
    -

Indeed, this scent seems to be a strange one in terms of longevity. I tried a sample a few years ago and asked myself why anyone would pay more money for an inferior, fleeting version of XS. I saw a tester in a store over the holidays and gave it the gool ol' wrist test again. I was amazed this time around - incredible quality and longevity. In my opinion the smell is a little bit too peppery until the dry-down, but it lasted an eternity...I could smell it on the cuff of the shirt I was wearing for a whole week (then it needed to be cleaned) . Good stuff.

I have tried two Creed frags: BdP and MI. BdP didn't last that long--a couple of hours--and MI lasted quite a while--about 7 hours. Creed is batting .500 and considering how much these bloody things cost, I'll not be buying any Creed perfumes until a thorough test. That said, MI is definitely on my wishlist!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Himalaya lasts with some strength for 4 or 5 hours on me, but hangs around far more subtly for a few hours more. XS lasts in a stronger mode for longer.

MI barely lasted a couple of hours in the several wrist tests I gave it.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I could smell it on the cuff of the shirt I was wearing for a whole week (then it needed to be cleaned) . Good stuff.
    you wore a shirt for a whole week? something tells me others were smelling more than your Himalaya!

I generally see 8-10 hours, but after the 4 hour mark, it stays close to the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy
    you wore a shirt for a whole week? something tells me others were smelling more than your Himalaya!
    Haha I see where you're going with that, but what I meant to say was that after taking off the shirt, I didn't wash it immediately so I could get a quick "fix" when I held it to my nose. I'm at a pretty far stage of fragrance addiction as you can see; however, I haven't gone that far yet!

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig
    BdP didn't last that long--a couple of hours
    Holy Crap .... that's definitely a first! If there's any frag I've used or seen discussed here about great longevity, it's BdP. And MI has commonly been discussed (myself included) about it's poor longevity.

I think Creed's may be doing a "bizarro-world" transformation on your skin

Prompted by this thread I decided to wear Himalaya today - two half-sprays to the neck. 8 hours later it's still going strong...

Thanks Dante, I'll give it another try tomorrow with more juice applied to my neck and chest and see how it'd go.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

This morning I could smell himalaya on the jumper I wore 5 or 6 days ago.

Twelve hours and counting now.

(Your mileage may vary).

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk
    I have received the sample vial of this scent today, and have applied it on my wrist at the same amount I applied MI two weeks ago, but, Himalaya does not last. Only 1 hour! MI lasts more than 8 hours with a bit of juice. Does Himalaya comes in EDT base?

It smells like XS, but less cloying!
    I had a similar experience from a decant of himilaya, it lasted around 1-2 hours on me tops, and I was struggling to smell it after the first hour. However, XS lasts a solid 4-5 hours at the very least. I guess I need to try it from a tester then...

But no all Creeds are like that. BdP lasts till the next day without a pause in power and MI and OS (both of which I'm not terribly fond of) lasted a good 6 hours on me as well.

For the first time in my life I tried a Creed;and that was Himalaya;a few days ago I went to the shop (Skins in Amsterdam) and sprayed some Himalaya and some Creed Vetiver on my other hand.I own a bottle of Paco XS and you already know the rest of te story;it's exactly the same.For me not worth the money(105,00 euro 75 ml.).The vetiver is a good one.Good longevity and sillage;but better then Mugler Cologne? Don't know;I think a few Creeds are overrated and Himalya is probably one of them.

Himalaya is my secret wepon cologne!! This lasts such a long time on me, longer than anything else I own in my collection of about 20 fragrances including a few women fragrances.

Just keep using it, you'll eventually warm up to it! I get compliments on this and only this cologne, it smells so good and the girls go crazy over this scent! Even like 5 hours after I put this on girls are like "Hmm you smell good!"

I'd have to say you need a bottle to experience the beauty of this fragrance!
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

I`ve only tried Himalaya from a sample, and like it a lot. It`s very classy and modern, but the longevity and sillage was not good on my skin. I have been thinking of buying either Himalaya or Acier Aluminium. Does Acier last longer even if it`s a edt? Which one would you pick?

Himalaya - about 4 hours before slowly fading and staying close to the skin on me.
    Millesime Imperial - 3 hours then fades slowly.

I have been thinking of buying either Himalaya or Acier Aluminium

Go with Acier Aluminium, brother. It's a MASTERPIECE. I don't have any problem with it's longevity or sillage, either. It takes some getting acquainted with, but when you do, it's just marvelous. Like nothing I've ever had the pleasure of smelling before. Truly brilliant.

MI lasts longer for me, but Himalaya seems to have a drydown that has projection.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post

Go with Acier Aluminium, brother. It's a MASTERPIECE. I don't have any problem with it's longevity or sillage, either. It takes some getting acquainted with, but when you do, it's just marvelous. Like nothing I've ever had the pleasure of smelling before. Truly brilliant.
    I`m waiting for a sample of Acier, so I have to wait and see!

Well, I have the same problem with Himalaya. I've tried three times to see if i get different results but i don't. It only last on me for 2 hours and that's it. It really is bad when a good smelling fragrance does not last. I would of bought Himalaya a long time ago if it wasn't for longevity and sillage problems. Well, then again theres XS. I just called a mall here in my town and they have a XS and will go tomorrow to test it out. I just hope i get the similarities because if I don't, I won't purchase either and then I'll wait to see if Creed does something to Himalaya to make it last longer.

i get 6+ hours
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER