Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Everlast - Cactus Shot...?

I just received (as a gift from my man) Everlast 'Cactus Shot' - I half expected not to like it (I hated Everlast the original), but it's got this strange 'ozonic' top note that reminds me of Liz Claiborne for Men (remember the one that came out in the 80's with that deconstructivist smoke bottle with the plastic red top?) and it's got sillage for miles.

I might keep it and layer it with something either REALLY fruity (Jo Malone scents come to mind) or something dark & smoky.

Anybody know what the notes on this Everlast Cactus Shot are? I cannot figure out what I'm smelling...

Default Re: Everlast - Cactus Shot...?

I did a quick search, and it's intended for the Latin American market (remember that Clarins, a French company, manufactures and distributes Everlast frags). There's also an Everlast Uppercut as well, in addition to the much maligned Original 1910.

The notes of Cactus Shot (from what I could tell) are bergamot, fig, vetiver, musk, and angelica, and sandalwood. Sounds yummy to me...
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    I did a quick search, and it's intended for the Latin American market (remember that Clarins, a French company, manufactures and distributes Everlast frags). There's also an Everlast Uppercut as well, in addition to the much maligned Original 1910.

The notes of Cactus Shot (from what I could tell) are bergamot, fig, vetiver, musk, and angelica, and sandalwood. Sounds yummy to me...

Thanks MFfan310 - maybe it's 'angelica'...I think they flavor gin with that, right? Maybe thats what I'm smelling (a 'gin' note...?). Interesting.

As most know, I try to avoid most of the top note blast, so keep that in mind, but here is my review of this frag:

This is a well done, slightly sweet, fig-oriented fragrance, at least when you get to the drydown. Do not expect a strong vetiver or sandalwood note. It has reasonable if not great projection ("sillage") and good longevity. I could imagine women wearing this in warmer weather, but it's just on the "masculine" side of things. There are no off, "synthetic," or metallic qualities and it's well balanced, so the sweet, soft fig doesn't get cloying. Some may think there is a hint of grassiness, but it's not strong enough for me to register unless I smell it up close on the skin. There must be at least a little amber in here, perhaps with a pinch of tonka, but no vanilla. Overall, a very nice fragrance for the price (less than $20 total for 100 ml at amazon now). I could imagine a niche company marketing this one.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 3rd June 2012 at 01:02 AM.