Code of Conduct

Default la myrrhe, wild lavender - 1st sniffs

la myrrhe is sweet, soapy, angelic, gossamer. it reminds me of a marbelized faux finishing and of these cakes that have a thin layer of wafer on top of the frosting, sealing the sweetness just beyond reach but you know it is waiting to explode, although here it doesn't. it has a zingy little citrusy element all the way through like an egg white glaze with lemon juice. it's a softie. it's a bit femme, as reviews say. but I think more neuter than unisex or feminine, It's angelic sexlessness, a "Frankly, I'm beyond all that." scent. Frank or not. Anyway, reviews indicate it's not that unusual but for me it is. Not so sure about the drydown. I think when it drys down for me it will be time to put something on top of it or, sigh, reapply. This one might have been called angel more aptly than that stanky mugler!

Wild lavender/Ingles (Villoresi) has a really ingenious way of getting out the toilet paper vibe of lavender, by combining it with black pepper! This does a lot to really shake up the whole feel of lavender. Black pepper may be from the kitchen but added to lavender the result is less matronly, not more. None of this is usually my style but maybe if I worked in an office this would be a very swaggering choice... I would feel like king of the hill wearing this I think, it has a definite charisma. Or it would be something to wear in some very businesslike situation, in a suit basically. For a wedding or a funeral it would be perfect. Maybe lavender always has an element of 'modesty'...let's just say it's got a tendency away from the sort of peacocky stuff most of us here lean towards. Lavender is only listed in the topnotes so I guess it has a ways to go. And right now I still am getting more "toilet paper" than I would ilke.
    Last edited by supermarky; 22nd February 2007 at 01:08 AM.

Default Re: la myrrhe, wild lavender - 1st sniffs

I love just about everthing in Lorenzo Villoresi's "blue" line, including Inglese. Funny, while I understand the "dressed up" view SuperMarky puts on this lavender fragrance, I think it would also go very well with a white cotton shirt and linen trousers and even sandals in the summer. I don't think this fragrance should be limited to business, office and funerals... It is too great for that! True one should be a bit dressed up for this, but classy casual would work with this LV work of genius. It is such a breath of fresh lavender scented air!

Joe
    Granted a Lorenzo Villoresi Guy
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 22nd February 2007 at 03:51 AM.

Joe you're right.

Basenotes Institution

I remember reading somewhere that lavender was a scent most guys (in a blind study) found comforting & sexy (along with pumpkin pie). Not me - to me lavender smells like bath salts or just bathrooms. Now reading your toilet paper description Supermarky, it makes perfect sense...oh god, I hope I don't get a visual image of toilet paper from now on, every time I smell lavender.

Same thing happened with a cinnamon flavored 'lubricant' (yes, that kind of lubricant...) I used years ago. After I tasted it for a while, I couldn't eat cinnamon desserts without instantly associating the taste with...well, condoms (!) Ew...

Don't they also put lavender in 'aromatherapy' products for helping people relax or fall sleep? Did you feel like napping Supermarky, after wearing WL?

it doesn't really calm me but I think it would be a great scent for my friend who is a psychiatrist to wear at the office! The smell of transference? (sic)

Exclamation Re: la myrrhe, wild lavender - 1st sniffs

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    it doesn't really calm me but I think it would be a great scent for my friend who is a psychiatrist to wear at the office! The smell of transference? (sic)
    SM you are tooo much!

JAF

(I really got him a bottle too!)