Code of Conduct

Default Tough Decision: Need a Single Travel Fragrance

I'm going to a Model United Nations conference in San Francisco next weekend, and as we're just carrying on luggage, I only have room for one fragrance. It will be four long days spent in a suit, but probably plenty of drunken revelry at night, so I'm looking for something that works as both formal/business and club/fun.

As of now, I'm leaning toward Dior Homme. What do you guys suggest? My wardrobe is linked in my signature, and I don't have the money to buy anything else, so I'm limited to what I already have.

Your opinions and advice would be appreciated, because I am so horribly indecisive

Default Re: Tough Decision: Need a Single Travel Fragrance

Mr. E,
    Oh, as much A*men as possible!

Seriously, I like your idea. On the other hand, I think I'd be happy with Burberry London for that.

I noticed you have the new Varvatos Vintage, with its bizarro nomenclature. I'm amused by the strong negative reviews; I found it to be better than its earlier relative!

Have fun on your trip!

Burberry London was my first instinct, but I vote for Dolce & Gabbana PH.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognoscento
    Mr. E,
    Oh, as much A*men as possible!

Seriously, I like your idea. On the other hand, I think I'd be happy with Burberry London for that.

I noticed you have the new Varvatos Vintage, with its bizarro nomenclature. I'm amused by the strong negative reviews; I found it to be better than its earlier relative!

Have fun on your trip!
    Well I am the "delegate" from Venezuela, so perhaps A*Men would be a good choice to go with my over-the-top performance!

I love Burberry London, but it only lasts about an hour on me at most . Too bad, because it's probably in my top three scents while it does last.

And the Varvatos Vintage is a wonderful little fragrance. I've thoroughly enjoyed both it and the original Varvatos, and I'm hoping for more releases to come from his line.

Nice collection. Just my take, but I would opt for Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme. A light touch during the day and some extra at night.

A*Men to me seems too much for a formal occasion as its kinda playful...

Id also take along the dior homme
    usually the first instinct is the correct one.
    (i own and love both a*men and pour homme)
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Blog Entries

From a fellow Kansan (and knowing the temps here)...something for work and play...I'd go w/ Burberry Brit. Have a blast on your trip!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

That's a fine collection, and there are several I wouldn't hesitate to choose. I kind of like your idea of going with Dior Homme right off the bat. Another might be Hanae Mori, I think that plays the role of a gourmand that can go to the office (while it rocks the evening parties).

No doubt it is just my problem, but I can't say on the Burberries. They all run together for me. None of them stick in my memory! I'll do better next time I see them at a counter, but I'm just not one competent to challenge anyone who recommends them. So weigh heavily toward those members suggesting Burberry despite what I say.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I would say M7 will suit the San francisco weather very well.
    -

I'm really not sure, but I think that it may be illegal to carry any kind of alcoholic product on the airplane. Espescially something in a vaporiser, it'd be very easy to put anthrax in that. Not to be a party pooper, I just don't want you to show up at the airport and have to mail it home because the security guard has reservations against anything sprayable. That being said, I recommend D&G too.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

London for sure

Hanae Mori HM

dior homme

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

John Varvatos in a 1/3 oz decant spray or roll on would be my pick of the litter. It will pass the screening prior to boarding airplanes and give you that great presence when you wear it.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Nice collection, I'd say London except your instincts went in another direction so you gotta trust your gut and go with Dior Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_economy
    I'm going to a Model United Nations conference in San Francisco next weekend, and as we're just carrying on luggage, I only have room for one fragrance. It will be four long days spent in a suit, but probably plenty of drunken revelry at night, so I'm looking for something that works as both formal/business and club/fun.

As of now, I'm leaning toward Dior Homme. What do you guys suggest? My wardrobe is linked in my signature, and I don't have the money to buy anything else, so I'm limited to what I already have.

Your opinions and advice would be appreciated, because I am so horribly indecisive
    I would choose between D&G Pour Homme, Envy and Le Male.
    D&G most probably.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_economy

I think Dior Homme is a good choice. I hope you have a great time and enjoy yourself!

Will the one fragrance that you are going to take be in a 50 ml or 100 ml bottle, or will you be travelling with a decant? If you are already planning to travel with a decant, then please ignore my following suggestion.

Its probably too late to do this now, but for occasions such as this in the future, I recommend that you acquire a few 5 ml or 10 ml spray atomizer or roll-on decant bottles. Then, you can decant a number of fragrances into these bottles for your travels. You could travel with three or four decant fragrances which would only use as much space in your luggage as a 50 ml bottle.

I would suggest Dolce & Gabbana PH or Burberry, as they are suitable for day and eve wear, A*man to strong for the occasion I think, Good luck and enjoy yourself!
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

I would choose between these three:
    Dior Homme
    Armani Code
    YSL Rive Gauche

And I would take the one I like the most and feel comfortable wearing all day long.

I would go with Dior Homme - it's classy and sensual at the same time. Although I'm not big fan of this frag, it's definitely the best candidate from your wardrobe.

Sounds very much like CHANEL ALLURE needs this job

Thanks for all the input, everybody, I very much appreciate it. I am kicking myself for not having a few empty atomiser bottles around, as it would be nice to be able to bring several frags with me. Live and learn though, right?

I think I have narrowed the choices down to Dior Homme or D&G Pour Homme. I certainly enjoy both of them, and they both seem like they would fit well with San Francisco.

Thought I would give an update on the trip. I had a fantastic time, drank far too much, and the D&G Pour Homme I took was a hit - all of the women in our group complimented it at some point, as did the very flirtatious gay man