Code of Conduct

Default Arpege v Eclat d'Arpege

Hi all, I'm very new here and am only a budding perfumista so please bear with me

I have Arpege and I love to wear it on a cool night, but I live in a very warm humid climate where it barely ever gets cool. I find that Arpege doesn't agree with me when I wear it during the day and it doesn't like the heat. My question is, is Eclat d'Arpege anything like Arpege, or are they completely different? If they're completely dissimilar, could anyone suggest a fragrance that has the floral, powdery quality I love in Arpege, without whatever it is that feels wrong in the hot weather?

Before you suggest it - I can't find a tester for Eclat d'Arpege anywhere! I don't like in a big city so I might have to resort to ebay to find some samples.

Thanks, and I apologise in advance if my post made little sense....I'm still learning

Default Re: Arpege v Eclat d'Arpege

Sorry can't provide a direct comparison, but I really liked the smell of eclat aparge. Definitely did seem citrusy at first and floral to powdery on the drydown, a good scent for hot or cold weather. I liked it that much that I bought a bottle for a good friend of mine and she raves about it, saying she wears it all the time and gets heaps of compliments. I actually found it for her at a direct factory outlet in the city, but have seen tester bottles and bottles on sale at chemists and other perfume stores in the city (Melbourne).

Hope that helps?!

Quote Originally Posted by ozkat
    My question is, is Eclat d'Arpege anything like Arpege, or are they completely different?

If they're completely dissimilar, could anyone suggest a fragrance that has the floral, powdery quality I love in Arpege, without whatever it is that feels wrong in the hot weather?
    Arpège and Eclat d'Arpège are two completely different scents. And that's very obvious from the first spray on to the very last note.

Arpège is a very classicaly french aldehydes wich a heavyier kick of sandalwood on the base and a very creamy, dense flowery top that range from jasmine, ylang, lily of the valley and many others. The newer version (reformulated in 93 or so) was very respectful of the old formula and you can get a sense of what the original was and personally, i like the new one better. The note that may go wrong with your skin can be as different as some of the notes found in it: the aldehydes being the most prominent in this fragrance -specially on the top notes- could trigger a bad reaction, also some of the musks and even the patchouli -those are notes that many people's skin chemistry do not agree with.

Eclat d'Arpège is a very different musky -very "white musk"- fruity floral that is very different from the current soft, girly fruity florals of today, this one has a much better longevity and a bigger sillage, the notes can be found on the directory. The top of this one has -to me- a certain metallic feel that i find a bit distracting, but the rest is a very silky combo of green notes with softy flowers and even a bit of peach, the base has a big dose of cedar and as i said before, white musks.

If you liked the new formula of Arpège i would recomend something along the lines of:
    Lancome's Attraction
    Balenciaga's Le Dix
    Dolce & Gabanna's Dolce & Gabanna for her
    Rochas's Madame Rochas
    Ferré by Ferré
    Givenchy's L'Interdit (original formula: the newer one is very different)
    Lalique's Lalique (2001)

some of these have big doses of aldehydes as well, so it can be nice to try them out just to see if they behave strangely on your skin as well.

cheers

Cool, thanks so much for your advice! I should have looked at the directory first but...I guess I'm dumb Thanks anyway!

Totally different and what Castorpollux said.