Code of Conduct

Default night time recomendations

Hello all.
    I just got my Bois du Portugal sample in today and love it... the only problem is its not for me or my age really im 19 3/4 and i think the smell is more for a man in his late 30's or 40's. I have GIT and plan n getting MI but those are for the day time. So my question is what is a good smell that doesnt have any sweetness to it and is masculin, that is good for night time. Also, it doesnt have to be creed. Thanks
    ps. nothing more then $150-200

Default Re: night time recomendations

That's sort of tough for me, because many excellent night time scents do have an element of sweetness to it them. In fact, to me, that's part of the allure of a night-time scent; it's the one chance when you can go all out and wear a dark, intoxicating, sweet scent that you could never pull off at the office. For example, my top nighttime recommendations would be Costume National Scent Intense, L'aP Patchouli Patch (or Montale Patchouli Leaves), Armani Prive Ambre Soie, HL Cuiron, or YSL RG PH. All of them have definite sweet notes to them...

Gucci PH is one that isn't all that sweet. Knize Ten is another, but it might be "older" than you are wanting to do. How about Le Labo Patchouli 24 or Bulgari Black? Both are very interesting and created by the same guy; one is very reasonable but short-lived, the other costs a ton but lasts long after the nighttime has passed.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 23rd February 2007 at 02:13 AM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Creed Himalaya

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc
    Knize Ten....
    My thoughts before I opened the thread. I wear Knize Ten, not so much when I go out, but at night when I'm getting ready to retire for the evening. Very relaxing.

For something not sweet, and much less costly than Creed "anything", how about Terre d' Hermes? Dior Homme is very nice, but maybe too sweet. Corduroy from Zirh? Are you looking for "very" masculine or something calmer?

Quote Originally Posted by CuyahogaJoe
    My thoughts before I opened the thread. I wear Knize Ten, not so much when I go out, but at night when I'm getting ready to retire for the evening. Very relaxing.

For something not sweet, and much less costly than Creed "anything", how about Terre d' Hermes? Dior Homme is very nice, but maybe too sweet. Corduroy from Zirh? Are you looking for "very" masculine or something calmer?
    Yeah, Joe, I think Knize Ten is a good one anytime in the evening. Wear it at home, wear it to a bar, wear it to the opera...

Hey thank you all for the recomendations. Let me clear this up a bit. Maybe sweet isnt what i ment but more... frooty or flowerer. I dont want something that smells like fruits or flowers. I want something that is masculin, classy, and something that will last for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by doctornads
    Hey thank you all for the recomendations. Let me clear this up a bit. Maybe sweet isnt what i ment but more... frooty or flowerer. I dont want something that smells like fruits or flowers. I want something that is masculin, classy, and something that will last for a while.
    Ah, okay! Then definitely take a look again at Joe's post and mine. I think you'll find anything there that would work, in a number of price ranges (depending on how much you want to spend).

... masculin, classy, and something that will last for a while.

mmmmmmm Guerlain Heritage.

Dior Homme is an excellent reccomendation. I'll amend my suggestion of Himalaya to include Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Santal Noble. Slightly sweet chocolate and coffee over a base of sandalwood.

I want something that is masculin, classy, and something that will last for a while.
    Gucci Envy
    Chanel Egoiste

I also love to use Dior Homme in the evenings tho its not something i'd consider a masculine/macho scent by any means...there is the prominent iris note that some consider flowery tho...

let us know what you choose in the end
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc
    take a look again at Joe's post and mine. I think you'll find anything there that would work, in a number of price ranges (depending on how much you want to spend).
    I think I'm starting to worry about my own selections

Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013
    mmmmmmm Guerlain Heritage.
    I'm really looking forward to this one, it should be here any day now. Total blind buy.

Quote Originally Posted by CuyahogaJoe
    I think I'm starting to worry about my own selections
    :
    It's getting close to bed-time, Joe. Spritz on some K10 and your senses will return.

one step ahead of ya!