Code of Conduct

Default Carolina Herrera 212 Men

I'm intriqued by this fragrance, mainly because i've heard it described as 'flowery,musky'( if so,i'll probably love it)..and 'like temple incense'. I want lovers of this fragrance to give me their opinions. I've just ordered this blind.....but i just know i'll love it............i hope!

oh btw, i would prefere if you DON'T like this..NOT to post, mainly because i don't want negative thoughts impinging on my mind before recieving it. Scent reviews are very suggestive and can make you think you smell a note that wasn't there before reading it

Thanks

Ed

Default Re: Carolina Herrera 212 Men

No comment

I smell a lot of green tea leaves and moss, with a hint of a nice sweet smell at the basenotes. And I like it.

This is my "default" scent when I can't choose anything else. I love it.

There is a certain muskiness/woodsiness especially in the drydown that is really wonderful - I'm not so sure of "flowery" but that may just be me. There's also great spice in the topnote that's fresh and invigorating.

I think it's a fantastic work scent. Clean, but with definite character. I just bought a new 1 OZ bottle at Kohl's. It is not a scent that disappears or fades into the backgound.

I think a good comparison, although they smell nothing alike, is Guerlain Vetiver. Just concerning the uniqueness and character/purpose of the scent. It stands on it's own like Vetiver does. Great with a dress shirt and tie.

I wore it today. I think it's sexy.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Smells like fresh grass. Newly mowed fresh grass, with an incense vibe.
    Like CK Truth with a heavier incense/musk/cedar feel. Like a "thicker" version of Truth. Powdery, actually. A fresh green talc.

Good for Spring or Summer nights.

Smells familiar and safe, but not too common.

Casual and romantic. Great bottle.

For me, without personality, no original ,like all fresh scents....100% boring

Quote Originally Posted by marco_from_chile
    For me, without personality, no original ,like all fresh scents....100% boring
    way to go, with those unwanted negative thoughts. (Don't people READ the original post??)
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter ó they are known as liars.

I find that most of the time, people here actually don't read the first post, or any other post for that matter. I too am interested in this frag.

I like it fine. The green opening notes are truely yummy and nothing creates a mental image of summer for me like this one. Sandalwood creaminess in the base which make it definately more interesting than all the other department store greens out there.

Smile Re: Carolina Herrera 212 Men

I would have to agree with the person who made the comparison with CK Truth but slightly thicker, heavier (maybe the presence of that incense note?). Definitely a scent that I would consider 'rediscovering'.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard
    way to go, with those unwanted negative thoughts. (Don't people READ the original post??)
    LOL.....that made me think of kelly's Heroes. Not to worry eluard, i have the coffret set in front of me now.

Hmmm, a very strong blast of 'green' on initial application ( don't think i'd wear this during hay-fever season). Somewhat like a cross between lanvin l'homme and body kouros. I think of 'allotments' and 'herbal cultivation' while sniffing this.

Quite a pleasent clean scent. This would be perfect for someone who isn't in to fragrancies as such. As it is, my tastes tends towards rich citrus/florals...but have always been interested in this 212...and since i couldn't find any samples and being incredibly rich , i thought, 'what the hell i'll just purchase a set'....still for £25 not a bad fragrance at all...don't think i'll wear it often though, probably give this to my young nephew who recently passed a few exams