Code of Conduct
    A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool Scent Awareness While 'Under The Influence"

I am talking of others' illicit experiences, of course, ...

Has..ahem..another related to you their olfactory experience while wearing/smelling any intense perfume or cologne scent while under the influence of a psychotropic substance, such as cannabis sattiva or the like?

Was it in anyway unpleasant for them because of the supposed increased awareness? More intensely pleasant? Did it play into their hallucinations? Was it very different for them than when not under such influence? How was it described to you? Inquiring minds want to know...
    Last edited by kbe; 23rd February 2007 at 01:18 PM.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Scent Awareness While 'Under The Influence"

I think that only paranoia would cause an adverse reaction.
    If someone is prone to paranoid thoughts, it might cause worry, i.e. is this fragrance bothering anyone? Are there harmful chemicals? What is it saying about me?
    Other than that, no. If it heightens your senses, it would be pleasant.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago, under the influence of a hallucinagen (is that the right spelling..?) I got a strong whiff of cigarette smoke on a dance floor & I swore I could actually see the smoke vapors enter my nose. It was the most intense gaseous chemical olfactory 'experience' I can recall...

A few scents out there with cigarette notes (Velvet Rope by Apothia, one of the Odeur's by Comme de Garcons [can't remember is its 53 or 71]) I like - maybe I like them because of that 'experience'.

FYI - I stopped smoking cigs about 2 1/2 years ago...the only cigarettes in my life, are in my frags

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

sativa? only the indicas will cause those kind of hallucinations and you'd have to eat like a pound of it and I guarantee that's coming back up so don't try it. just say no.!!!
    Anyone notice how much more aware you are during the euphoric part of alchohol intoxication? Ever wake up the next morning and look at them and wonder what... where... how... who... why? when? and how much is missing?
    Alchohol! it's cleverly packaged and available after 10am in stores near you. Except in Kansas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo
    Except in Kansas.
    Yeah, our alcohol laws suck . Fortunately, I live in a county that has both defied several of the state's alcohol regulation tactics, and recently has essentially decriminalized marijuana possession.

If I know I'm going to be smoking something green and delicious, I do put a lot of thought into what fragrance I'll be wearing, because smell is one of the senses I find extremely heightened after smoking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr_economy
    Yeah, our alcohol laws suck . Fortunately, I live in a county that has both defied several of the state's alcohol regulation tactics, and recently has essentially decriminalized marijuana possession.

If I know I'm going to be smoking something green and delicious, I do put a lot of thought into what fragrance I'll be wearing, because smell is one of the senses I find extremely heightened after smoking.
    Huh? Please explain. You live in a country that has defied several of the state's alcohol regulation tactics, and recently has essentially decriminalized marijuana possession?

I'm hoping what you meant to say (noticing that you live in Lawrence Kansas), is that Lawrence has defied the Kansas alcohol laws and has also essentially decriminalized marijuana possession.

This is a great topic. Personally, i've noticed my sense of smell appears to become dulled after smoking a cigarette/cigar or drinking alcohol. However, my sense of smell always seems to be hightened the morning after I have had 3 or more drinks. I have not taken the time to notice my sense of smell while on any other mind-altering substances This very much intrigues me because my drug of choice, other than alcohol, is magic mushrooms. In my experience, shrooms tend to significantly intensify all of one's senses. One of the most profound sensations is the perception of being able to "see" and "touch" the air. I wonder if I would be able to "see" a fragrance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist
    Huh? Please explain. You live in a country that has defied several of the state's alcohol regulation tactics, and recently has essentially decriminalized marijuana possession?

I'm hoping what you meant to say (noticing that you live in Lawrence Kansas), is that Lawrence has defied the Kansas alcohol laws and has also essentially decriminalized marijuana possession.
    He said COUNTY, not COUNTRY .

Just wanted to point out that Douglas County was also the ONLY COUNTY IN KANSAS who shot down the stupid Kansas marriage ammendment a couple years ago. I love Lawrence.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    Thank you. Contrary to what you might think, I am NOT on anything right now....I'm just blind apparently.

Post Thanks / Like

My nose, much like my other senses, goes way down, so I end up spraying a lot of juice on, and I usually end up boring someone about the drydown of what ever I'm wearing. "Smell that? That'sss pure goodnesses, filling your nose like a bucket with the holy water of my obsession. What? No I'm not wearing Obsession, I'm wearing Gucci Envy! Weren't you listening? Hey, why are we in the bedroom? What are you doing!?!?!?" Just kidding, but kind of serious at the same time.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Smile Re: Scent Awareness While 'Under The Influence"

Certain hallucinogens are more active than others in this regard, I think. 2C-I is an intense drug, and really heightened my sense of the smell of a winter morning while at work one day. LSD, on the other hand, screws everything up, including your sense of smell. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, you know. Other substances cause more or less of a smell-warp, depending on the mental place one is in while taking it.

Post Thanks / Like

:bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie: :bounce: :wave: :brolly: :toppie:
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Certain hallucinogens are more active than others in this regard, I think. 2C-I is an intense drug, and really heightened my sense of the smell of a winter morning while at work one day. LSD, on the other hand, screws everything up, including your sense of smell. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, you know. Other substances cause more or less of a smell-warp, depending on the mental place one is in while taking it.
    Support your local chemist.

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ummm...I'll take a hit of whatever Scentronic has taken, please.

This is an interesting article containing a section about a man who had a dream he was a dog and the effect it had on his sense of smell after he awoke:

http://www.mainehuntingtoday.com/mag...on/aromas.html
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

can this be added to what we have ----->

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for making that distinction. They really do look similar to someone skimming through a post.

Just wanted to point out that Douglas County was also the ONLY COUNTY IN KANSAS who shot down the stupid Kansas marriage ammendment a couple years ago. I love Lawrence.
    It's such an amazing place; I like to call Lawrence "the San Francisco of the midwest," because it really does have a similar vibe sometimes. Much better than ridiculously-conservative Hays, where I grew up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr_economy
    It's such an amazing place; I like to call Lawrence "the San Francisco of the midwest," because it really does have a similar vibe sometimes. Much better than ridiculously-conservative Hays, where I grew up.
    Hey! My mom grew up in Hays, and graduated from FHSU!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! My mom grew up in Hays, and graduated from FHSU!
    Wow, talk about a small world!