Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default My husband stole my Stella Rose Absolute

Okay, so I had come out of the shower when my husband dropped by on my side of the bathroom (our schoolhouse/home has girls/boys rooms, now connected by a walk-through shower at the far end). He was looking through my fragrance cabinet and asking what was what, when he said, "Where's Stella?"

I handed it to him and he asked, "Can men where Stella?"

"Sure!" I encouraged him.

He sprayed some on his wrists. "If I wear it, I can smell it all the time," he noted.

Well, isn't that the point of wearing something you like? So now it's his. He thinks it smells tobacco-y. I'd rather catch SRA on the wind occasionally than wear it for long periods anyway.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: My husband stole my Stella Rose Absolute

that is the cutest story ever. i like that he had to ask if you if men can wear it.

how did he smell? as good as when you wear it?
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Blog Entries

Quarry, I love this story! I think perfumes could be one of the true ways to manifest gender equality between the sexes. Equality should work both ways, so not only should we be able to wear 'traditionally masculine' men's scents but they should be able to wear 'traditionally feminine' female scents in return.

My SO is a traditional men's cologne lover (Chanel Antaeus, Guerlain Heritage, Michael Kors Michael For Men) but even he has expressed a strong interest in having his own bottle of Lagerfeld KL (women's version)...

Although traditionally feminine I do think that a man can smell very sexy in a rose dominated blend. I know many men on here already enjoy wearing rose scents like Czech & Speake No.88, Montale Black Aoud and L'Artisan Voleur de Roses, but I would love to smell a man sporting something like Ava Luxe Rasa / Rasa Extreme or JPG Classique EDP.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by quinpus
    how did he smell? as good as when you wear it?
    Better! And he's a "manly" man--six feet of flannel shirt-, toolbelt-wearing handyman. Wonder how they'll like him at The Home Depot?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Congrat, Quarry, to a husband so intrested in frags!

I spray some on my husband now and then, and frags comes out very, very different on him compared to what they do on me. Doas Stella Rose Absolute suit him?
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva
    My SO is a traditional men's cologne lover (Chanel Antaeus, Guerlain Heritage, Michael Kors Michael For Men) but even he has expressed a strong interest in having his own bottle of Lagerfeld KL (women's version)...
    I have a bottle of KL he can have! Spritzed once! PM me if you want it.

Welcome Minx!!

Can't remember the circumstances but I read WAY BACK that some gentleman adored Creed's Fleurs de Bulgarie - wore it all the time - and the description was so yummy I promptly bought some. Instant lemming.

Loved your story, Joy - can see it all now!!! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Wink Re: My husband stole my Stella Rose Absolute

Reminds me of the famous quote from the movie 'Field of Dreams':

"If you spray it, he will come"

--wait...I may not have that quote quite right
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Welcome on board, theminx!

Quarry - I can totally see him sniffing his wrists, enjoying Stella Rose Absolue, and IT´S A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

You gotta love a man that is not afraid to wear Stell Rose Absolute to Home Depot!

Quarry, both my hubby and I LOVE that story , what a wonderful - sweetheart of a man your hubby is. I bet he smells awesome, and now you can wear more of what YOU want to wear .

Hugs to you both
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Hi Minx, welcome on board.

Quarry, great story... my ex has inherited my Creed's Royal Water. I must admit that it smells a lot better on him.

I don't know why more men's fragrances are not floral. I think florals smell wonderful on men - especially No. 22!

Floral notes alone don't make a fragrance floral. They should really come up with a punch-in-the-face floral for the male market - like Fracas or Beautiful. It would certainly be different and interesting.
    Last edited by MysteryFemme; 4th March 2007 at 12:07 AM.
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryFemme
    I don't know why more men's fragrances are not floral. I think florals smell wonderful on men - especially No. 22!
    Quite a few mens' scents have floral notes. There just aren't many that floral, period. But really, floral certainly doesn't equal feminine, just like woody doesn't have to equal masculine.

I would bet that given NO prior knowledge of scents, nobody would be able to definitively pick out which gender a scent is for. There are just too many exceptions to any gender "rule" one could come up with.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hello again, my sweetie pies. I had placed Stella RA in his cabinet, where its dark, chiseled bottle looks even more appropriate than amongst my girlie collection. Last night, while watching TV, he asked, "Can you smell Stella?"

I didn't, but I was on the other side of the room cuddling the dog. "I just put a little on," he said sniffing his wrist. I think he's learning that some scents are really pleasant to take to dreamland with you. It's just so adorable!

Wow, loved reading this. And it is absolutely adorable! It is all about loving the smell of a fragrance. No other rules should apply.

This reminds me of a college professor I had years ago. He wore a fragrance that was a bit floral, with light woods, maybe a little green. I remember wondering if it could be a women's fragrance. Never got up the nerve to ask him what it was. I just know that it smelled absolutely divine on him. I would try to think of questions to ask him after class so that I could drink in that scent!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I wondered if/when Mr. Quarry would wear Stella in public. Didn't have to wait long. He and I went to visit our dental hygienists yesterday, and he wore Stella out of the house.

Now, here's the funny part. As we were about to leave, he boasted, "I layered for the first time!"

Oh, my. He'd put Stella on his wrists and Del Mar behind his ears. It was like a child putting ketchup on his breakfast cereal--too cute to criticize. Fortunately he'd been conservative in application, so they occupied him as separated scents. (Maybe time to hide his Del Mar until spring.) I'm really enjoying catching Stella on him.

That is so cute. I think it's good when a man can be "man enough" to like something his wife would wear. I myself cannot stand anything with rose in it, which limits me alot, because the majority of women's fragrances has rose in it. I don't know why I don't like it, (love the scent of fresh roses) but cannot stomach it in a fragrance...Oh well...