Code of Conduct

Default I hate to admit it but I think I've found a Creed that I really like...

Since discovering this house, Creed's reputation and frags have hardly impressed me. However, whenever I had the opportunity to try out a Creed I would. REL and BDP were nice frags but developed into something old and musty on my skin, GIT and SMW were too generic for me, the tobacco ones weren't to my tastes...

After trying out all the familiar ones, over the last six months, I found myself paying more attention to the lesser discussed ones - still no luck! However, today, I came across one that could be the one I've been looking for - fresh, sophisticated, versatile, modern and rich.

After arriving back home, I read up on all the Basenotes reviews. I wasn't expecting glowing feedback on this one, since it was released in the '90s. However, I was proven wrong - there seems to be a lot of fans here. Although I didn't have the opportunity to test it on my skin, the test strip is still going strong and smells absolutely divine.

And the Creed in question is... ROYAL DELIGHT!

I think I'm going to give this a couple more tests on my skin but the signs are very positive. Although unisex, it comes across as more masculine to me. I know the longevity's supposed to be good but how long does it last on you?

Default Re: I hate to admit it but I think I've found a Creed that I really like...

Its a beast of a fragrance, but a little sweet for me (I dont like sweet fragrances in general). Longevity is pretty high (9+ hours) on my skin. I like the subtle leather note in the base.

Have you tried Jasmin Impeatrice Eugenie (dont let the name mislead you), Ambre Canelle, Cypres Musc, Cuir De russie, Fleurs De Bulgarie (ambergris) and Acier Aluminium ?
    -

Default Re: I hate to admit it but I think I've found a Creed that I really like...

I'll have to look for this one - I haven't found too many Creeds that I like, either (except for Silver Mtn Water & Himalya)

That's funny - Royal Delight was also the first Creed I enjoyed. I haven't really given it a decent full wearing but probably will sometime soon. Good to hear you've had a similar experience to that of mine.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Of the Creeds I've tested, most seem a bit thick and sweet for me. I don't have the skill to pick out particulars, but there is a note in a lot of Creeds that turns me off. However, I will say I tested and recently picked up at bottle of Silver Mountain Water and for me that juice is gold! I love subtlety in a scent, and to me it pulls it off in spades. I've never tried Royal Delight, however. I'll have to sometime.

Royal Delight...I've never tried that one, and I've tried a lot of Creeds.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Its a beast of a fragrance, but a little sweet for me (I dont like sweet fragrances in general). Longevity is pretty high (9+ hours) on my skin. I like the subtle leather note in the base.

Have you tried Jasmin Impeatrice Eugenie (dont let the name mislead you), Ambre Canelle, Cypres Musc, Cuir De russie, Fleurs De Bulgarie (ambergris) and Acier Aluminium ?
    Well, I love sweet fragrances! However, that wasn't the main reason why I liked Royal Delight.

Of the ones you mentioned, I've tried Cuir De Russie (too heavy and disappointing longevity), Acier Aluminium (great topnotes but it went downhill from there, on my skin) and Ambre Canelle (actually, I tried this one today too but Royal Delight impressed me more - I may give it another go).

Could Royal Delight be worn on warm days?

I've been posting here for a couple of years (previously under a different name) and I have yet to understand why there is this attitude toward Creed Why the note of embarrassment?

They are one of the best houses around (along with L'Artisan, Malle, MPG, Lutens and others) and make a high quality product that are worth the price.

I haven't found a Malle scent that I find incredible (yet), but I would never put down the house, think they are over priced, or overrated. Even though I haven't found one that suits my sensibilities, I still think they are worth the price because I can understand why others like them.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

I love Royal Delight. I find it quite a different beast from GIT, SMW, Tabarome, MI and Himalaya. Much sweeter, richer. Less sour or watery.

It lasts a full day on me, but then so do the others.