Code of Conduct

Default Terre D Hermes, Why so overated? I dont understand it ! (Zero lasting also)

All people is speaking about Terre D Hermes. For my taste, is not a bad perfume....but.....I dont know why is so up! Zero lasting!

Default Re: Terre D Hermes, Why so overated? I dont understand it ! (Zero lasting also)

It sure lasted a long time when I wore it and was I found it pretty strong.

Default Re: Terre D Hermes, Why so overated? I dont understand it ! (Zero lasting also)

I received a decant on Friday and wore it yesterday and also today and for some reason, this scent lasts the longest on me (other than my Ferrari Black). I am not 100% sold on it yet, however I did receive a nice compliment from a lady at the ski hill today while I was in having a beer..

Even after I showered and scrubbed real good I could still faintly smell it. However, I am not all that big of a fan but I plan to revisit it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by marco_from_chile
    All people is speaking about Terre D Hermes. For my taste, is not a bad perfume....but.....I dont know why is so up! Zero lasting!
    Are you sure you got the right stuff? I mean, I couldn't get it off with acetone and sandpaper.
    Current frags (in order of preference):

1) GIT
    2) GV
    3) MR

My first thought was "are you crazy?!", but I know longevity varies greatly between people and, as I've recently discovered, the hardness of your water. (softer water will let your skin absorb more fragrance and thus, make it last longer)

Just today I read another thread commenting on how incredibly long terre d' hermes lasts. Your nose might not be picking up parts of it for some reason. The general concensus is that it is super-long lasting, and I must agree as it is definitely one of my favorites, and lasts into the next day for me if I use more than 3 sprays!

Not to mention being a candidate for best new fragrance and a crowd favorite, on and off basenotes! I'd say treat yourself to a second evaluation. But to each his own!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

My roomate wears it and it's really cloying. Can't stand it.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Terre D Hermes, Why so overated? I dont understand it !
    It is what it is!

For a mass market frag readily and easily available like all of the Polo's, Cole's, Curves, Vercase's etc...it is quite good.

You have to compare $20 frags to $20 frag. When you compare D' Hermes to others in it's class, D' Hermes is by far the best. There are exceptions however, one being Dunhill Edition.

Conversely, D' Hermes can also compete against many frags much more costly as well, but most higher priced frags (for example Creed's GIT, Le Labo's Rose 31 or Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque) are far more user specific and not marketed toward a mass audience.

I liked it too, but it barely lasted three hours in my wrist test.
    Renato

you must dislike spices in your scents. I'm not a big spice fan myself and I think the hype comes from it being a newer frag and something different, and there has to be a big rave goin on all the time and tdh has its time now. nothin special to me though. good longevity but I'm not a fan of this one.
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.

On me it lasts a good amount of time. It is my SOTD. I applied it 13 hours ago and I can still get a slight sense of it. Since I do like this scent, the longevity of it makes it that much better and I am lucky my skin chemistry accepts this one so well.

Let's put this one to bed.

I couldn't put my finger on it earlier, but my fasination with D' Hermes is not that it is such a great frag, but how much it reminds me of L'Artisan's Timbuktu and didn't realise it.

If you're looking for the ultimate "D' Hermes", get some Timbuktu by L'Artisan. At least try it and see the differance for your self...you won'y be sorry.

D' Hermes is a little greener, but the green is as short lived as the frag itself. Timbuktu is more of an all day affair and a little more woodsie than green, but in the same vein as D' Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic
    ... The general concensus is that it is super-long lasting, and I must agree as it is definitely one of my favorites, and lasts into the next day for me if I use more than 3 sprays!...
    My experience, too.

Super long lasting and awesome smelling. Classy stuff.

Arrggghhhhh! There's that word again, OVERRATED! No fragrance is overrated. You personally might not like it as much as others do, but that does not mean its overrated.

I feel it is a great fragrance and lasts all day on me.

Anyway, check out this thread to see my experience with it.

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=191348

I've only tried it once (got a sample) and was iffy on it. I think it's one of those frags - for me at least - that would take time to appreciate. There's definitely something interesting there, I just don't yet know whether the path thither is worth it.

Dominant cedar scent in middle notes - amazing!
    "Earthy" bottom notes - whatever is in it is highly addictive scent!
    Very unique smell overall.
    *ALL* of the ladies love it!
    Long-lasting (can be overpowering at times --> 2 shots are enough).

Dislikes:
    Top note is too fruity
    Lacks versatility (preferable for daywear)
    Not a masculine scent

Verdict: 4.5 stars out of 5.
    Last edited by firefox390; 31st January 2007 at 02:03 AM.

Fantastic scent....One of the better in a long time.....This lasts all day on me......Gary

After using Terre D Hermes for 3 days solid i have totally fell in love with this..

Now... I would not be without a bottle..

4 hrs after applying i can still detect the sillage..

Could be my number 1!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deck89

4 hrs after applying i can still detect the sillage..

!!
    Does that imply that it's starting to get pretty weak on you after four hours?
    Renato

I got a really good sillage and loglasting longevity, but i didn't really like it that much.
    Not all ladies love it BTW.
    I was told if i was cleaning with Pine-Sol. (!!??)

I've only gotten feedback from the girlfriend. Apparently she's not into the top notes because less than an hour after I spray it on and we go to paint the town red, she's got her fingers up her nose because it smells that bad.

The good news is a few hours later at night, she was sniffing me and saying how good it smelled and how long lasting it was. I couldn't even smell it anymore myself and she was pretty much sniffing me point blank (nose buried), so.....who cares, I like it, and I'll be damned if she doesn't!

Sometimes I like it sometimes it irritates me. I like wearing it in a cold environment, cloudy days or inside a cold office building. I once wore it during a hot day,man it made me sick,it was cloying! There's something a little abrasive about it and I find the scent to be 'orangey' if I could put a color on it.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

I was really excited to try Terre d'Hermes and was underwhelmed when I finally did. Although it lasted very well on me, I didn't find the gunpowder note appealing at all.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois