Code of Conduct

Thread: Lychee scent

Basenotes Institution

Default Lychee scent

Demeter just announced yesterday one of their new 4 scents is Lychee. I'm excited to smell it (most of Demeter's scents are so realistic...) but I don't think it will last too long (my Guava lasts about...20 minutes, maybe 15)

Are there COMPLEX and strong lychee notes in any fragrance?

I heard that Kylie Minogue's fragrance had it (Destiny, or something that starts with 'D'?) but I don't think I could pull that off, since it sounds like a real fruity girly scent...

Lychee anyone?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 24th February 2007 at 03:07 AM.

Default Re: Lychee scent

Dzongkha has it!
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 23rd February 2007 at 10:53 PM.

There's a lychee note in CdG Rhubarb, but not a dominant note (rather rhubarb). It makes the scent quite juicy and nicely sweet.
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

Basenotes Institution

Dzongka and Dzing are in my top 5 frags I want to sample very soon - thanks.

Demeter failed to impress me with two of their scents. Thunderstorm and Wet Garden. I was hoping for dirt in either one of them, but alas, no such luck. "Thunderstorm perfectly captures the electricity of lightning, the smell of wet dirt." Wrong and wrong. Can anybody here tell me what lightning smells like? No? Why? Because YOU CAN'T SMELL LIGHTNING. The ozone burned after lightning passes through it isn't enough for us to smell. Thunderstorms smell like rain hitting dirt. It's delicious, but not what Thunderstorm accomplishes. Wet garden smelled like a tomato bush. A good smell, but not long lasting.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Basenotes Institution

UPDATE:

OK, I'm posting a response to my own previous question (don't you just love it when you find the perfect answer to YOUR OWN QUESTION...?!)

I just smelled Fresh Sugar Lychee this afternoon on my lunch break. WOW - this is nice stuff.

I was skeptical since Cucumber Baie by Fresh kind of vanished on me about 15 minutes after I tested it. Plus I was assuming that Sugar Lychee was going to be too sweet on me. Let's face it - what does sugar SMELL LIKE? Honestly... like nothing - right? So I always passed sniffing the Sugar scents cause I assumed they belonged in the 'Pink Sugar' category (sticky sweet, burnt plasticky that appeals to teen girls...) In addition, I love lychees because they're a fruit that has a decidedly floral taste to them. So naturally I thought this would have that asian floral note in it, which might be too feminine for me.

Well - to my surprise Lychee Sugar performs that perfumists' trick, of smelling perfectly like sugar and lychee. Smells just wonderful - a creamy sugar cane note with a very realistic lychee fruit note. NOT sweet. Sugary. There's a difference. In Latin restaurants here in Miami, you can order sugar cane juice (guarapo) and FSL reminds me a little of this juice. The lychee fruit notes are bright and give the sugar (to quote Chandler Burr) 'a delicious kind of strangeness'.

Longevity is average, which is fine with me. It works perfectly in the heat - it was 90 degrees out in Miami Beach today, and this scent really pulsed nicely in the humidity on my way back to work.

My lychee fix has now been solved.

An unusual suggestion:Trussardi Jeans.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26123421.html
    Officially,it contains lychee,but I can't provide a relevant link...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

L'homme sage by Divine has a nice lychee note.

I second the assessment of L'homme Sage. The lychee note is very tasty! Not overly strong, but definitely there.

Talking Re: Lychee scent

def. the CDG Rhubarb, its smell quite lytchee (juicy, tangy, fresh, green) to me and its quite affordable
    someone has told you that, but its the closest THING OF WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR!.

Luis
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by _R$_ View Post
    Demeter failed to impress me with two of their scents. Thunderstorm and Wet Garden. I was hoping for dirt in either one of them, but alas, no such luck. "Thunderstorm perfectly captures the electricity of lightning, the smell of wet dirt." Wrong and wrong. Can anybody here tell me what lightning smells like? No? Why? Because YOU CAN'T SMELL LIGHTNING. The ozone burned after lightning passes through it isn't enough for us to smell. Thunderstorms smell like rain hitting dirt. It's delicious, but not what Thunderstorm accomplishes. Wet garden smelled like a tomato bush. A good smell, but not long lasting.
    - Rich
    I never tried them, I cant find them around here, but as I heard they havenīt much lasting power.
    A NO for me!.
    If you want to smell the static electricity after a storm, sit confy in your favourite sofa, put on the background a cd from Arovane, or use your I-tunes radio and tunning Limbik freq, then spray on you CDG Odeur 53, and relax!.
    A living electric dream of technology! hehe
    Last edited by madridbatabidd; 10th May 2007 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

There is a lovely prominent lychee topnote in "L'Or de Torrente".
    Its an often-overlooked gem for women.