Code of Conduct

Default What's your scent for gym or after gym?

Normally we'd pick the refreshing one, but at the gym where I go I always find women wearing heavy scents, sort of sweet, oriental. However, it does not give me a headache. I even found a man wearing Le Male. Others were Eternity, Hugo Energise, Mugler Cologne, DKNY Be Delicious, but 5 out of 10 wore Axe sprays. One guy sprayed himself for 10 seconds with Axe and when I came out to the reception to return the key his Axe smell was there. Some guys in the room coughed too.

For me, it's CK Be or Bvlgari pour homme as I find them soapy and light and appropriate for such place. What is yours?
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: What's your scent for gym or after gym?

Old Spice body spray. Seriously.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

smn melograno! is purrrfect for the gym, also SMN gold musk is too
    !

Normally I either wear nothing or Kouros under the shirt.
    Today I'm using Endymion.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I take whatever I'm going to wear that day in my gym bag, because I usually go straight to work from the gym. I just spray a little of that onto my hand before I do my workout, and then, after showering off, I apply the usual dose of whatever. This works six days a week. On Sundays, it's choir practice instead of the gym; so I shower and get dressed and perfumed at home before I go.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Interesting question, been thinking about good after gym scents as well... I usually work out during the lunch break, so I'll always have my bottle of Hugo Boss HUGO in my training-bag to put on after the work out. Feels kinda fresh and sporty to me...

I go to the gym immediately after work, so it is the lingering basenotes of whatever I had on that day that come out at the gym. When I wear L'air du desert Marocain to work, at the gym it smells wonderful under my workout shirt after a little sweat.

Basenotes Institution

I find that DRY scents work best for me, at the gym - ones that stay close to the skin, don't have much longevity & aren't too 'distracting' (I sweat A LOT, so a strong scent for me at the gym would be an olfactory nightmare).

I love Paprika Brasil by Hermes or Odeur 71 - for my workouts

Someone once recommended 4711 for gym purposes here BN. I have never looked back

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    smn melograno! is purrrfect for the gym!
    Good suggestion; I could definitely see using that one (especially seeing as how my sample of Melograno came from you!)

I generally like to use something with a dry, light musk in it that warms up with body heat. Keiko Mecheri Musc is one that I really like to use. In general, just sitting around the office, it smells rather flat and dry without much going on. But, the first time I had it on and then went to play racquetball after work, I was amazed that it was the same fragrance. It really took the heat to come alive. Philosophy Amen is another that I like to wear, especially layered with Etro Sandalo, as well as AoS Sandalwood or Hermes Eau d'orange verte (which unfortunately disappears even before the sweat has dried).
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 25th February 2007 at 02:25 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

I wear my Sotd or Lorenzo Villoresi's Uomo. It's my 'emergency' fragrance. I always keep a flacon of it inside my gym bag.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

For the gym, I apply a spray or two of my SOTD. I wear pretty much anything to offset the overwhelming use of Hugo, Acqua di Gio, and AXE. Our locker room reeks with AXE. We need to post signs in the locker room that say "Please use body sprays on your person, not as an air freshener."

Most of the time I don't wear fragrance to the gym, but on the occasion I do, it's usually Gendarme20.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

smeller

No scents for gym.

After a day of wearing Dior Homme it will have subsided enough to be perfect for the gym. I always enjoy a sniff now and then of this scent in the gym. I wouldn't wear one to the gym though. I would only have one on there if I was already wearing one that day.

I usually go to the gym in the evening and that is basically the end of my day so I don't worry about longevity and/or anything other then how I smell at the gym. I typically use Roots for Him. That is a fragrance by the same designer as Kennith Cole Black which I would describe as having a very similar character but much more green. It is an inexpensive fragrance but still nice, fresh and clean. It is not something I use other then at the gym but it works extremely well for the gym.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by abg1234; 15th October 2007 at 08:09 AM.
    For swap:
    1. 90-95% full 2.5 oz bottle of Creed Orange Spice
    2. 99% full 1.6 oz bottle of Kenzo pour Homme
    3. 90% full 4 oz bottle of Creed Millesime Imperial

Looking for: GIT, Baie de Genièvre, Idole de Lubin, Chergui, decant of FM Carnal Flower, decant of vintage Tabarome

Blog Entries

I never apply something specifically for the gym. I typically can't even detect my SOTD being revived by sweat because my skin is so dry the scent has long since evaporated (I go to the gym in the evening). However, yesterday when I went, I could clearly smell my Lolita Lempicka au masculin being revived and it smelled GREAT! I REALLY like wearing Clean Men after a post-gym shower, but I typically just spray on whatever I'm in the mood for.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I never wear scents to the gym before a workout ... but AFTER a good workout and shower, CdG's Vettiveru is perfect!

I don't wear frags at the gym, just a neutral deodorant.

I don't like it when I'm at the gym and smell certain frags or AXE...

After the gym I sometimes use Versus Uomo , Lanvin Vetyver or le Vainqeur....
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

Same pattern as several other posters: I go to the gym after work, or in the evening, so my gym scent is whatever remains of my SOTD.

Although there was that one time that I went straight to the gym after sampling many fragrances at a shop in town.

How bad was it? Let's just say that one of the samples I was wearing was Gucci Nobile.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Oh I definitely don't wear anything extra for working out (unless it's running with a lady-friend) but the guys in the locker here at my school go nuts with their spray deoderants. Every single freakin day I have to either choke on the various axe bottles that people overspray compulsively or bear the undeniable stank that fills the room when people, who are either too dumb or ignorant to shower, enter. With so many aerosol cans at full blast, I bet you could ignite the entire room if you light a match.

But if I were to use scents when I work out, they would probably be Givenchy Greenergy, Mugler Cologne, XS, or maybe even Vetiver. Just nothing heavy.

During a workout I prefer to wear nothing. I don't like the scent of cologne while playing basketball, running, lifting weights, etc. However, afterwards, I like to spray on something clean. I know it is generic, but Cool Water smells really great after a hard workout. Canoe too. I know they are not top of the line stuff, but after a hard game of basketball and a hot shower, they smell great.
    --------------------------------------
    Wow, I didn't realize I used the word "great" so many times. I apologize.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 26th February 2007 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had never thought of it before but a friend mentioned a spritz of Comme des Garcons Anbar fresh out of the fridge and that sounds about perfect for post-workout chill out time.

Now.. if only I could get into a regular habit of actually working out

I've been using Eau du Sud, lately--lemony/grapefruity sharp citrus, linear/long lasting, clean.

Just enough citrus to distract from any nasties emanating from me.

i give it one or two sprays of Guerlain Vetiver under my gym clothes before i head there in the morning.

i get up and go before work (at 5am), so often i will use the opportunity to use it as a wake up call for myself. works quite well

but i always make sure it's very light, as i know i'll be heating up and don't want to kill everyone else with my hot-body-temp sillage

Kiehls Musk shower gel is a brilliant after gym choice since it radiates like a nice EDT long after the lactic acid is forgotten...

Wink Re: What's your scent for gym or after gym?

Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte great and fresh- or even better try Chez Bond very fresh and refreshing! Or you can always use tangerine lychee by Fresh.

Post Re: What's your scent for gym or after gym?

I in fact try to scrub off my scent before the gym. Wearing strong scent to gym can be quite offensive; atleast in the gym of our university. Air is horribly thick there. After gym I love Isfarkand, GFT and the kind. You get the picture.
    Last edited by Johnny_Ludlow; 27th February 2007 at 08:40 PM.

Please guys, no scents at the gym! Just wear deodorant. When I'm working up a sweat at the gym and some guy wearing cologne decides he is going to use the machine next to me, I have to move because it makes me ill, and I know I'm not alone. Some gyms have signs on the wall about not wearing perfume or cologne. It really is a curiosity issue.

I don't care how hot you are, if you are at the gym and wearing cologne...
    you're an ass.

This goes for chicks too, but I've notice more men do this than women.
    --------------------------------------
    Wearing a fragrance to the gym is like spraying a fragrance on your pet...
    It's just wrong!
    Last edited by Loli; 28th February 2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Loli
    I don't care how hot you are, if you are at the gym and wearing cologne...
    you're an ass.
    I don't care how indignant you are, if you are at the gym and worrying about what other people around you are doing/wearing...
    you're an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy
    I don't care how indignant you are, if you are at the gym and worrying about what other people around you are doing/wearing...
    you're an ass.

You must be one of them...
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

I'm with Loli here, kind of; maybe I wouldn't call such person an ass, but anyway.

I despise this postmodern über individualist approach, fundamentalism concerning our rights. It's implicit philosophy of today; I can do whatever the f*ck I want, as long as I have the right, meaning it's not officially prohibited. I think wearing a heavier fragrance to a gym is offensive and self centered (I'm an individual and I have the right to express myself freely blah blah blah...).

Sorry for the rant.

After exercising I like something 'clean'. Usually go for Boucheron Homme, Prada Homme, Opium Eau d'Orient or Live Jazz.

EDIT: I don't wear anything specifically to exercise in. I agree it's a bit unfair to subject others to my choice of fragrance in such close quarters.
    Last edited by Dante; 28th February 2007 at 02:45 PM.

My "ass" comment seems to be a bit controversial here, how about we replace it with some of these...
    imbecile, moron, schmuck, fool, simpleton or my favorite from a great American classic, "blockhead"?
    lol
    Bette Davis

How about we consider the possibility that some people can wear a light scent, or one applied several hours ago, and based on their personal chemistry, the intensity of their workout, the amount they perspire, and so on, get through their workout without offending other patrons at their gym?
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

PaulSC, it should be obvious that no one here is against that.

???
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow
    PaulSC, it should be obvious that no one here is against that.
    Please guys, no scents at the gym! Just wear deodorant... Wearing a fragrance to the gym is like spraying a fragrance on your pet...
    It's just wrong!
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

My "ass" comment seems to be a bit controversial here, how about we replace it with some of these...
    imbecile, moron, schmuck, fool, simpleton or my favorite from a great American classic, "blockhead"?
    lol
    they all seem to fit your black/white stance here pretty well, yes

and thanks to PaulSC for pointing out the flaw in Loli's binary logic

I go to the gym after work and the basenotes of what I wore that day are still on me as I work out. I can smell them myself. If someone else is close enough to me at the gym to get a wiff, then they probably want more than just a sniff of my scent.

Personally, I would rather smell a fragrance on a male/female at the gym rather than the awful smells I endure everyday from people that don't bother to take the time the time to 'make sure they are clean'. What is the worse offense? Someone that smells like BO mixed with deodorant or someone that has some nice fragrance on? I agree too much on is an offense...but let's be reasonable here.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 28th February 2007 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy
    they all seem to fit your black/white stance here pretty well, yes

and thanks to PaulSC for pointing out the flaw in Loli's binary logic
    Rent boy, you sure know how to charm the panties off of a woman.
    Now if only I could charm that cologne off of you at the gym...
    Bette Davis

I don't wear anything except for some underarm roll-on by Nivea. I always take a shower before the gym so I'm not in need of any cologne while I'm working out. After my workout, when I've had my shower, I usually wear Envy by Gucci.

to Loli:

On my gym's Terms and Conditions it actually states that people can be asked to leave if they smell. Well, I can't remember the exact wording but I assume it includes having a bath in cologne prior to workout.

So yeah, some roll-on and maybe some deodorant such as Rexona for men or Nivea will do the trick.
    MikeD on Chaz by Revlon: "I knew a lady who took one sniff and said "bug spray." I never told the guy what she said, but the termites disappeared, oddly enough."

for the gym - several drops of vetiver extraordiner

after the gym - Chanel allure sport
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

I'd have to agree with Loli's not enjoying scents at the gym. I can't stand anything on me when I'm working out, let alone some dude bathing in Axe.

The gym is just one of those places (perhaps the only one) where I don't want to smell anything.

Now afterwards is a different story entirely. Lately, I have been enjoying Platinum Égoïste, Rive Gauche, and Armani Code as my after-workout gems. Nautica Competition is nice as well.

None. After working out, well, none, unless there's something in the shower room, but there isn't usually.

I go to the gym immediately after work as well, and therefore usually have on what little is left of my SOTD. On the weekends, I'll either wear nothing, or maybe use one spray of something light and simple like Armand Basi...

Penhaligons Racquets, every time!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Royal Scottish Lavender after a workout is divine. It feels like I'm disinfecting myself with Lysol. Damn near perfect everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I go to the gym after work and the basenotes of what I wore that day are still on me as I work out. I can smell them myself. If someone else is close enough to me at the gym to get a wiff, then they probably want more than just a sniff of my scent.

Personally, I would rather smell a fragrance on a male/female at the gym rather than the awful smells I endure everyday from people that don't bother to take the time the time to 'make sure they are clean'. What is the worse offense? Someone that smells like BO mixed with deodorant or someone that has some nice fragrance on? I agree too much on is an offense...but let's be reasonable here.

100% agreed...i am a million times more worried about smelling dried up sweat and straight up filth, then someone overusing their fragrance or axe trying to impress someone .....what is worse, when someone is using heavy fragrance at the gym as a replacement for their lack of showering.....that should be an arrestable offense.

as far as myself....i'd go with a light spraying of Muegler, OV or Gendarme 20.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

I just use the small workout facility at work, and I prefer no scent at all while working out. I work up a helluva sweat and am often doing some intense cardio, and would prefer nothing more than just plain, pure air. I'd be pissed, and probably vocal about it, if I had a gym membership and had to suffer others overdosing on things like Le Male *gag*

The basenotes of the morning juice are what I wear to afternoon gym. I go every other day, so on days off gym I tend to wear heavier perfume since stuff like M7, Opium PH, A*Men, etc. can be a bit much when you break out in a sweat. At my gym the ladies usually smell great, but most guys are odourless which is so boring. In all the years I've been going, I've never smelt anyone having oversprayed. Wish it could happen sometimes! After gym I'm seldom in the mood for fragrance, but I'm going to do Dune PH this afternoon.