Code of Conduct

Default gourmands and summer

Just a stupid question but how bad do gourmands like A*men and Pi get in the hot summer. Like what is the problem with wearing them then. Does the scent change in the heat?

Default Re: gourmands and summer

It isn't that they chance, but rather that they are heavy and get cloying. They will suffocate you in the heat. It'll make you feel sick because you'll be sweating and relseasing the scent all day right up into your nose. With heavy, or really sweet smells it is not fun.

One or two sprays applied from some distance can work for A*Men - I notice that using this technique, the lavender is more perceptible (which is a good thing)
    -

my door-way drug into the fragrance world was heavy winter-time gourmands like the ones you mentioned. half of my work since this earlier fascination has been finding summer-time versions and varations of the fragrances i like so much. so to indulge my summer need for chocolate, for instance, i go to Bulgari Blu Notte for Woman (absolutely amazing on a man), Fresh's Fleurs de Chocolat, Mat; Chocolat, Ayala Moriel's Film Noir (my newest find), and the like....
    Dieu prend plaisir dès maintenant à ce que tu fais.
    Qu'en tout temps tes vêtements soient blancs et que le parfum ne manque pas sur ta tête. (Ecclésiaste 9:7-8)

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    One or two sprays applied from some distance can work for A*Men - I notice that using this technique, the lavender is more perceptible (which is a good thing)
    Agreed. I have worn A*Men with success many times in the summer. Like ZZ said, a light application is important or else it can get cloying like Envyus noted.

I think most fragrances can be worn in the heat with proper application. Hanae Mori HM EDT is my choice for summer. I find the stronger citrus and floral brighter than the EDP, which is richer and darker.

Blog Entries

I agree that a light application can work perfectly well in the summer. Especially if one is indoors with the A/C blowin'.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia