Code of Conduct

Default Montana Parfum d' Homme vs. Montana Pd'H Light.

After some time I managed to get another bottle of the former (a hidden gem,I say),and having now a bottle of Aramis Havana too,I can understand their similarities.I would dare to state that Montana is even more masculine, and possibly longer lasting.But the Light edition is totally unknown to me.It is found only in US e-sellers,at a discount if compared to the original (which cannot be found for cheap).
    Has someone sampled/owned both editions in order to enlighten me about their differences?By the way,the Light edition is not listed in the directory.
    Thank's!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Default Re: Montana Parfum d' Homme vs. Montana Pd'H Light.

Well,I think that two weeks is a reasonable time to bump.
    To narrow my question,what's are your impressions,if any,about the "Light" edition ?

The light version is approximately 85% as strong with no different detectable notes. If you want some, PM me.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Montana Parfum d' Homme vs. Montana Pd'H Light.

I have not tried the Montana light version but I put on some of the Montana Parfum d'Homme (original) --I just obtained a second 4.2oz Red Box in original celophane wrapping--about a half hour ago and can say it is absolutely wonderful stuff! Just wonderful..

I wear both Havana for Men and Havana Reserva on occasion also. All three of these scents are top drawer IMO. And, the Montana can be had for under $30/4.2 oz from online sources.

Wow. All these wonderful aromas and so little time..
    Last edited by kbe; 5th December 2012 at 02:56 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I have both of them and they are virtually the same to me. I didn't even realize one of them was the light version until I looked at the bottle closely. It is great stuff and I actually like it better than Havana.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Thank's for the clarification.
    You know,some time ago,a big e-seller was accused that he tried to sell the Light edition by presenting it in the listing as it was the original.No big deal then since they are so closely related!The Light is offered at a discount compared to the original and I may try an online buy!
    Thank's again.

Gents,

Sorry to bump this thread but I had never heard of the Montana Parfum d'Homme Light edition. I've worn the original Parfum d'Homme for many moons (just finished a bottle) and was wondering how you can distinguish the two when ordering online. Does the Light edition come in a red box like the original? The Light isn't the new version in the blue box , is it? What does the box and bottle say that distinguishes it from the original? Thanks for your help.

The box is also red and both it and the bottle say "Eau de Toilette Light". If you want some let me know. I also was not originally aware of the two until an astute BN'er pointed it out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    I also was not originally aware of the two until an astute BN'er pointed it out to me.

Nice day!
    François
    Ce message provient du Québec!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I just bought/received two 75ml splash bottles of Montana Parfum d'Homme Light (French manufacture) from a fellow Basenoter. First impression from a quick dab on the way home from picking them up at the Post Office is the Light version is just that, a lighter, brighter edition of the original (French manufacture) Parfum d'Homme. Delightful in its own right!

The bottle is similar in shape to the Parfum d'Homme but is a light grey in color rather than a smoky brown. This pic shows a stock photo of bottles without cap which is the same style as the regular Parfum d'Homme.
    Last edited by kbe; 20th November 2012 at 01:34 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    The light version is approximately 85% as strong with no different detectable notes.
    Spot on.