Code of Conduct

Question Pay Day arriving.. What will you be buying??!

Pay Day is coming up again; last month a posted a thread, outlining what I was planning on buying this month...

I mentioned the following:

-MPG - Santal Noble
    -Bond - New Haarlem
    -Trussardi - Uomo

As usual, it all went tits up;

I did buy the Trussardi, reserved Santal Noble, but then got side -tracked again and ended up buying yet more Patou...( I will stop with the Patou for a while, got enough now!!)
    I cannot be asked with the New Haarlem at the moment...

Next Month I am hoping to buy;

- Ambre Precieux
    - Habit Rouge ( the old stuff)
    - Acier Aluminium ( where?)

What are you hoping to get or have ordered for next month???
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

Default Re: Pay Day arriving.. What will you be buying??!

I am thinking of Lavin L' Homme after reading some of the terrific reviews here. I love under-rated products with fantastic drydowns, and I haven't thought about Lanvin in ages. Why not, I say.

Joe
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 26th February 2007 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances
    I am thinking of Lavin L' Homme after reading some of the terrific reviews here. I love under-rated products with fantastic drydowns, and I haven't though about Lanvin in ages. Why not, I say.

Joe
    Good choice, quite difficult to get; one on offer on ebay at the moment, in Canada..
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

I might pick up Eau Sauvage, and I might pick up Chanel No.19, since Scentemental has steered me to try it out for its vetiver quality, but the most likely choice I'll make is Guerlain's Vetiver Extreme.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Talking Re: Pay Day arriving.. What will you be buying??!

I have to be the absolute last person to try this and now I have to buy it........M7. Really nice stuff

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I have my sights set on Guerlain Heritage Edp. If not, then a 4oz Vintage Tabarome would be nice..
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Thumbs up Re: Pay Day arriving.. What will you be buying??!

M7 and Terre D'Hermes...does this hobby ever quit?

Basenotes Institution

I am SO waiting to buy my second Serge Lutens fragrance, as soon as my tax return $ is in...I think it's gonna be either Chergui or Arabie.

Can't wait........ah!!!!

Talking Re: Pay Day arriving.. What will you be buying??!

I'll hopefully be buying NOTHING!

All of my funds have been spent on clothes, shoes, fragrances, and yo-yo's (yes, the toy - if you think assembling a wardrobe of fragrances is an expensive hobby try yo-yo's.. Seems like every other week there's another $150+ "niche" yo-yo being released!)

I seem to have started something of a new collection - unpaid bills. So for now I'm going to try my best to focus on exploring and enjoying what I already own without the distraction and expense of what I might try next. If any of you are in a similar situation I wholeheartedly encourage you to do the same.

Last week I bought Rive Gauche, Kouros and yesterday, Javari. So, I won't be buying any for some time.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by JYvdK
    Next Month I am hoping to buy;

- Acier Aluminium ( where?)
    Selfridges London and Manchester had it in stock recently.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

Body Kouros (about time, too)
    Coriolan
    More Rive Gauche PH

Possibles:

Guerlain Imperial
    CDG Vettiveru

I may get my first (and hopefully only) Creed. Royal Delight is currently the strongest candidate.

Nothing on the 'to-get' list at the moment (Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree was on there, but I got a sample and it's *very* different from the regular (non-Concentree) version. Still sampling and thinking about that one.) Lorenzo Villoresi's Piper Nigrum has a chance of making it, as does Sandalo.

Michael Kors for Men sounds interesting. I think I've got room for another woody oriental.

Most likely, I'll be getting another sample batch. I've been investigating rose fragrances (Montale's Attar, Le Labo Rose 31) and I think I'm going to check out C&S 88 and see what else in masculine rose notes there is (I already have Habit Rouge and Egoiste). I've been meaning for a while to check out Diptyque's Philosykos too. (and if I can figure out some way to get samples of the Dior exclusives)

Other than that, probably just wait for new fragrances to be released to investigate.

I'm getting quite a bit of money this week, I've been working loads. Don't know what to buy, any suggestions?

Foth x

Probably the best thing about the object of my next Fragrance Spend is the anticipation of buying it which will be sadly lost on purchase.

Twill Rose is slow taking off in people's minds but it has me intoxicated just thinking about it.

Twill Rose....perfect... mirroring the purest drops of Spring Rain...reflecting back the love of a wakening world from the greenest of Rose stems...

Quote Originally Posted by Foth
    I'm getting quite a bit of money this week, I've been working loads. Don't know what to buy, any suggestions?

Foth x
    Hello.

Tough to say without knowing your tastes.

Let us know what you have already, we can make suggestions from there, I think.

Some good web based suppliers are operating in the UK, tracking down what you decide on should be no problem.

This month it will be probably only Czech & Speake No. 88. because these are on it´s way and will arrive hopefully soon:

Equipage (vintage)
    Guerlain Vetiver EDC (vintage)
    Chanel pour Monsieur (vintage)
    Visit
    Neroli Sauvage
    Etro Heliotrope EDC
    Iquitos
    Bogart
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

Hey folks, where can I buy Ambre Precieux without paying full retail price?

So much on my wishlist...but I think this week I'll finally get that bottle of Carthusia Numero Uno I've been wanting.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

I've already spent next month's salary this month , LV Piper Nigrum and Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand .
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

My next full bottle purchase will probably be Terre de Hermes or possibly Acier Aluminum or Neroli Sauvage if I spot a good price on it since I am running low on the latter two.

Having too much month left at the end of the money is always softened by a newly purchased frag...

so...after my earlier note re Twill Rose....March will be also be welcoming ;

Parfum d'Empire - Iskander - Eau de Parfum;
    (Wild lemon (Cédrat), orange, oakmoss, white musk)

Well if I get all my not paids from last month, I'll have a good check and I'll get my spring/summer scents as it is starting to reach the 70's in the past week.
    -iStink

I plan to buy Douce Amère (Serge Lutens), of which I already own the Fond-de-parfum-version.

i am going to finally give in and buy Harlem by Bond it smells so interesting-different you know-- I also think I am going to finally get a scent by Carthusia- a citrus.

i am going to finally give in and buy Harlem by Bond it smells so interesting-different you know-- I also think I am going to finally get a scent by Carthusia- a citrus.

Blog Entries

I'm on a very limited budget these days due to owing taxes...but I'm still pining for another bottle of Silver Mountain Water.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

summer means fireflys

I'm thinking about maybe Tam Dao, maybe Douce Amere ... but I want to buy an Ipod too ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I miss Black XS, it's such a great playful scent and girls love it! I also want to buy something old school such as Tuscany,Trusssardi Uomo,Original Aramis,Zino,Original Versace Homme, Moschino Homme,I guess I'm in the mood for something robust and away from fruity,aquatic,ozonic and what have you scents.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Well, I am planning on doing a little Barney's expedition and I have a few trhings in mind, hopefully I will stick to my guns and get just what I am going for, but let me loose in Barney's and I end up picking up more than I wanted and not necessarily what I went in for.
    This month prospective list:
    Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower
    L'Artisan Dzongka
    CdG Kyoto.

Next paycheck
    L'artisan Voleur de Roses
    Tam Dao
    and whatever else hits my nose right.

Live Jazz
    Yang
    Terre d'Hermes
    Philosykos
    Caron L'Anarchiste
    Creed Erolfa

Thank you all so much for your suggestions and posts!!!!!!!

I have been stuck in the forests for the last three days in this log cabin , called a holiday, no internet...using the camp office one for five minutes....

No frags around ,apart from the natural scent of forest and this one goth snowboard bloke wearing A* Mugler!!!!

See you all soon, spend too much!!!!!