Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree

As many of you have read, I speak quite critically of Chanel Egoiste. It never occurred to me (until I read my bottle) that I wasn't talking about the same stuff you guys were talking about. I have Egoiste cologne concentree.

I did a google search and the only thing that came up was a review from this site. I checked many different on-line vendors to no avail.

What do I have?, can someone tell me what the difference between cologne concentree and EdT is?

Default Re: Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree

There are quite a few useful old threads with information that can help you. Try typing Égoïste Cologne Concentree in the search function here, there should be some old threads comparing the CC to regular Égoïste. Make sure you use the Égoïste and not Egoiste.

From what I have read/been told, the CC has more sandalwood, less vanilla. I decided to go with the EdT, because I preferred the extra vanilla.

Talking Re: Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree

Hey CJ,
    I have tried both and the concentree is obviously stronger, particularly in the rosewood and the rose notes. It's smooth though and lasts a long time on me...almost too long. The spicies are more prominent in the regular Egoiste and it is sweeter . I like them both, but there seems to be more of a progression in the regular one.

I have no real proof except my nose, but the Egoiste EdT currently on the market is reformulated compared to the bottles I purchased back in the 90's. The Egoiste now is shorter lived, but still contains sharper notes of rose and sandalwood and not all that much vanilla to me. The Cologne Concentree never came up for reformulation because it was discontinued, but was my favorite. Long lasting and spicier and an awful lot smoother than the EdT (both today and back then), with a strong base of sandalwood and vanilla.

Man do I miss the Concentree...what's the going rate for a sealed bottle these days of the vintage juice?

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    Man do I miss the Concentree...what's the going rate for a sealed bottle these days of the vintage juice?
    I had a feeling the bottle I have was different. Everytime I read a comment about Egoiste, I thought "what in the heck are these guys talking about?"...so now I know. The bottle I have is from the 90's...maybe 92-93, but I'm not quite sure. I quit wearing it when I went into a stripper bar and one of the dancers said I smelled like a liquor cabinet...must be my chemistry...or the fifth of wild turkey I was working on

As far as cost...I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on the internet other than here.

I've got some Concentree left that i use very, very sparingly...so scared to run out of it. Amazing juice.
    I see myself purchasing a bottle of the regular one really soon .

BTW Pluran's fantastic directory review differentiates between the two versions .
    Last edited by knightowl; 26th February 2007 at 07:55 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Does anyone know where the concentree version can be bought? Preferably in Europe? I haven't seen it anywhere, is it still being produced? I adore Egoiste and would love to get hold of the concentree.

Quote Originally Posted by ebear
    Does anyone know where the concentree version can be bought? Preferably in Europe? I haven't seen it anywhere, is it still being produced? I adore Egoiste and would love to get hold of the concentree.
    I think this thread has the answer to your questions:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=168237
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by CuyahogaJoe
    I had a feeling the bottle I have was different. Everytime I read a comment about Egoiste, I thought "what in the heck are these guys talking about?"...so now I know. The bottle I have is from the 90's...maybe 92-93, but I'm not quite sure. I quit wearing it when I went into a stripper bar and one of the dancers said I smelled like a liquor cabinet...must be my chemistry...or the fifth of wild turkey I was working on
    Hey CuyahogaJoe,
    You have had your bottle of Égoïste Cologne Concentrée for maybe 15 years, and there is a chance the bottle might have been a couple of years old before you even purchased it. I suggest you might want to consider the possibilitiy that the juice in the bottle has gone bad over that length of time, unless the bottle has been securely stored in a cool dark location during all of those 15+ years.
    Last edited by Rockford; 26th February 2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford
    I think this thread has the answer to your questions:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=168237
    Thanks, yes, I've seen that thread and it says that the concentree version has been discontinued. Was hoping that might not be accurate.

If anyone knows where I can get some, please let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford
    I suggest you might want to consider the possibilitiy that the juice in the bottle has gone bad over that length of time, unless the bottle has been securely stored in a cool dark location during all of those 15+ years.
    It hasn't been stored in a cool place, but more like room temperature. I heat to 72-74 degrees F during the winter and cool to 78-80 during summer. The bottle has never seen sunlight and has been in a cabinet of some sort since I bought it. Is it possible for a frag to get better if it "goes bad"? If so, it has and is

I quit wearing it when I went into a stripper bar and one of the dancers said I smelled like a liquor cabinet...must be my chemistry...or the fifth of wild turkey I was working on
    It's quite possible about the Wild Turkeys in your system, but actually I do catch a booziness about it. Quite possible the Egoiste did bring the Wild Turkey out!

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I quit wearing it when I went into a stripper bar and one of the dancers said I smelled like a liquor cabinet...must be my chemistry...or the fifth of wild turkey I was working on
    You were there to be entertained and she CRITICIZED you? Unheard of! That's some work ethic. Never had this problem personally. They could never look me in the eye, i was told i had an "intense thing" going. Nah, probably just hideous or something, heh.

But ... Egoiste. Chanel and Guerlain are two houses i can trust to do up vanilla "properly". By that of course i mean - for my taste and possibly skin chemistry. Generally, i don't like sweets much.

i'm fairly certain Egoiste has been reformulated since the time i bought it first in the early nineties, as people have indicated. Reason it's hard for me to say for certain is because i stopped wearing it for a while and when i returned, it didn't quite feel the same. Still love it though!

Have never tried the concentrated form.
    blackguard, n.
    3 : an inverted gentleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ5a2JH_BVE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWEOaosGDi0
    ... où flotte l'étendard ...
    ... Ich will die Ruhe stören ...
    ... Stand up and admit it! ...

The bottle has never seen sunlight and has been in a cabinet of some sort since I bought it. Is it possible for a frag to get better if it "goes bad"? If so, it has and is
    Well, here is an interesting thread about aged perfumes. Some Basenoters claim that some of their fragrances get better over time.
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=182131

I prefer Chanel Pour Homme -fabulous juice- don't like the Concentrate.

Unhappy Re: Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree

is it exclusive only to the U.S. market? couldn't find "Cologne Concentrée " in Europe or anywhere else???
    is it available online?

According to the review section of this site, a reviewer writes that he gets lots of it in Dubai, UAE.

well this is the review on the directory:

[I purchase LOTS of the oil based version in Dubai each time I visit; the fragrance stays on me for hours.I find women stop me in in stores and shopping centres and and ask what I'm wearing! Obviously some people find it very pleasant: personally I switch to something with a lighter green note in hotter weather.
    by Terry van Onselen , 26 January 2003]

it is not the Cologne Concentrée, it is a pefum oil that is developed by attars 'local perfumers' & they sell most of the famous perfumes in oil form & in cheaper price.. so at the end it is not CHANEL.

well, thanks EarNoseThroat for the hint.

The Cologne Concentree has been discontinued since 1998 I think, and I've never seen it in spray form either.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Question Re: Chanel Egoïste Cologne Concentrée

Is it true that it has been discontinued since 1998? I'm sure I've seen it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    The Cologne Concentree has been discontinued since 1998 I think, and I've never seen it in spray form either.
    Well i haven't seen Egoiste Cologne Concentree in splash form....ever...
    Here is a picture of my bottle of Egoiste CC spray

gupts
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by bjkp View Post
    Is it true that it has been discontinued since 1998? I'm sure I've seen it since then.
    The discontinued fragrances are seen for a long time even after their production ceases. However Egoiste Cologne Concentree is extremely hard to find now. I usually snap a bottle wherever i see one

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by mstrocovie View Post
    Hey CJ,
    I have tried both and the concentree is obviously stronger, particularly in the rosewood and the rose notes. It's smooth though and lasts a long time on me...almost too long. The spicies are more prominent in the regular Egoiste and it is sweeter . I like them both, but there seems to be more of a progression in the regular one.
    mstrocovie has the differences stated the same as my experience. I recently got a 1.7oz Concentree from ebay for $80.00. I will never spray regular Egoiste as long as I have Concentree. Concentree trounces the regular version.

I have some Concentree left that i use very sparingly...not only to make it last, but because it can be a little too much for me sometimes, powerful stuff.
    Regular Egoiste is definetly more wearable for day-to-day situations.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    I have some Concentree left that i use very sparingly...not only to make it last, but because it can be a little too much for me sometimes, powerful stuff.
    Regular Egoiste is definetly more wearable for day-to-day situations.
    Undoubtedly, regular Egoiste edt is more wearable...

However for those special days, Egoiste Concentree is the one to go for....its like your normal egoiste 'supercharged'.......it screams.....its magnificent....

gupts