Code of Conduct

Default amouage frustration

it's really vexing me that my favorite by far is the silver cologne but it has no longevity, it burns away to nothing. inside my shirt I can still smell it (I spray on the shirt a bit as well) but on my arms, which I drench in it, eventually I can smell the tenacious notes of what I was wearing yesterday but no trace of the Amouage silver!

the silver crystal is another matter, but... the civit is a . . . difficulty.

I guess the solution is to just use silver crystal but very sparingly and live with a little of that cat pee or whatever it is. . . it's worth it for the rest of the composition, but how I wish silver cologne had some staying power cause that stuff thrills me no end, but leaves me not very scented. . .

Dependent

Default Re: amouage frustration

Can you call them and work with them? At Amourage prices I'd like to read a sucess story.

I don't really like the silver crystal nearly as much. too funky.

Je suis si triste.

Hmm, I guess I'm lucky. I get about 8 hours out of it.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

keep wondering/hoping if it could be olfactory fatigue. it just doesn't seem like something that would disappear!

I bought a 95% full 50ml Tester bottle on eBay for 32 Euro. It was around Christmas and I only knew Silver Cristal from a sample then, so I bought it blind. For that price it was OK. Now, I have since worn it twice and longevity everytime was a big letdown. Maybe two hours or so? But I think olfactory fatigue is there as well.

But the big frustration with Amouage I have stated here some months before and a sample I just received (Arcus) affirmed my opinion all the way:

The inspiration behind Ciel for men IMHO is bathroom cleaner as well as: Arcus. I almost started laughing when I first tested Arcus. Don't get me wrong, both are fabulous fragrances, it's just the impression or image that rises without a doubt: "bathroom cleaner in perfection". LOL!
    Last edited by dr.creed; 26th February 2007 at 09:54 PM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    I guess the solution is to just use silver crystal but very sparingly and live with a little of that cat pee or whatever it is. . .
    This is not the first time I'm seeing the term "cat pee" here. I'm curious to find out what is this "cat pee" you and others keep talking about?

Off-Scenter

Wink Re: amouage frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver
    This is not the first time I'm seeing the term "cat pee" here. I'm curious to find out what is this "cat pee" you and others keep talking about?
    I've used the term "cat pee" (actually "honeyed cat pee") to describe a civet/amber/sweet floral accord that dominates my experience of Amouage Gold. If your nose works at all like mine, just sniff a sample of Gold and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Icky-poo!

Oh, thanks for clearing that up Vibert - taught it was an actual note or something.

BTT.

well I just say cat I guess cause civit comes from cats but . . . many fragrances, as I've said before, 'turn to pee' on me after awhile, ones I love, like LV garafano, which has no civit listed in the notes. It's pungent, sweet, salty, funky and icky whatever it is.