Code of Conduct

Default Malle's En Passant- sexy or no?

Just received my FM samples in the mail today! First impression of En Passant is: wow. As another reviewer wrote, it's "shockingly beautiful". Now I understand!

I can't quite decide what kind of fragrance, this is though. I'm not into florals in general, but for some reason I'm quite taken with this. Just wondering what others make of this fragrance? Do you consider it a pretty scent? Sexy scent? ....?

Default Re: Malle's En Passant- sexy or no?

Yes yes yes to all your questions. And I would call it a green floral.

Post Thanks / Like

I find En Passant to be more sensual than sexy. To me sexy is more obvious, raw, a bit shameless. En Passant to me is sensual in a natural, confident, ethereal way.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl
    I find En Passant to be more sensual than sexy. To me sexy is more obvious, raw, a bit shameless. En Passant to me is sensual in a natural, confident, ethereal way.
    +1 for an often-overlooked scent.

Red face Re: Malle's En Passant- sexy or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl
    Seconded. While scents like Agent Provocateur tend tobe more IN YOUR FACE sexy, I fine En Passant to be the kind of scent that draws others in. Instead of screaming I'M SEXY DAMMIT, it whispers I know I'm all you want.

I got mine as a sample from Frederic Malle after I requested something that would help me seduce someone I already knew.

Post Thanks / Like

too ozonic, linear and overwhelming for my taste, feminine but not that sexy really. Un Lys by Serge Lutens is so much more stunning lilac and sexier too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahrarah
    Instead of screaming I'M SEXY DAMMIT, it whispers I know I'm all you want.
    LOL, exactly! Well-put.

I find it gorgeous, not really sexy, but rather elegant and cool.

I did not like it........Cucumber and yeast killed it for me. I don't think those are sexy notes either.
    A green sexy scent would be Chanel#19 for me, or Molinard de Molinard. A light floral that is sexy would be SL Un Lys or Des Lys by Goutal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helg
    [...]....Cucumber and yeast killed it for me. I don't think those are sexy notes either.
    A green sexy scent would be Chanel#19 for me, or Molinard de Molinard. A light floral that is sexy would be SL Un Lys or Des Lys by Goutal.
    I completely agree with this statement!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I wouldn't classify it as sexy either... to me, it's actually a more melancholy, ethereal scent, with a kind of Victorian waif feeling to it. It is very feminine, however, and might do well if you're trying to come across as desirable without giving off serious LOOK-AT-ME-NOW Oriental sillage.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Post Thanks / Like

En Passant comes as close as possible to being my HG fragrance, (however, I'm not capable of having just one HG - I've got about 5!). I don't think of it as "sexy". It's incredibly sensual, and it causes a visceral reaction in me. The musky drydown is a little on the sexy side, but Narciso Rodriguez For Her it's not.

djuna - "Ethereal" is the perfect word for En Passant! It's a perfect way to describe it. EP's sillage is like a misty ghost of a memory.

It's funny how different chemistries react to fragrances, isn't it? I don't smell any cucumber in En Passant, and I don't get anything that even slightly hints of yeast, yet I've read many reviews that declare the wearer's chemistry enhances these notes. On me, EP is the smell of a bush full of freshly bloomed purple lilacs blowing on a warm, balmy breeze, with undertones of the stimulating scent of impending summer, embodied within a sweet patisserie note. It's not "Hey Baby come over here and sit on Mama's Lap" sexy, but it's definitely sensual in a "mystery woman" kind of way, in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Moondeva in Scotland! Och, hello there. This is one Serge Lutens I have not had the pleasure of owing. Is there anywhere in Glasgow I can get a decant or a sample please? It does sound good to me, and I'm on the lookout.... does it have sillage and last a while?
    Chanel 19 is just a bit too green for me, and Malle does suit my skin.
    ]

Post Thanks / Like

LadyAnne - you can order samples from Les Senteurs for £2.50 each (to cover P&P). The stock Lutens and Malle (actually they're the only shop to stock Malle in the UK) so you can try Un Lys and En Passant.

I tried En Passant there today and it deserves its reputation. I wouldn't call it sexy though - more pure and serene.

When I received my En Passant sample and smelt it in my wrist, the january evening went away and I felt that it was one of these wonderful days of April, when spring is definitely there... new herbs growing, lilacs, humid air, and the sun heating the nuked arms... yes, more sensual than sexy, and very emotive.

Inmediately, what come to my mind was the poem of T.S.Eliot (April is the cruellest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire...).

(New here after some months reading... a pleasure to greet you)