Code of Conduct

Thumbs up My Reluctant Love: Millesime Imperial

It's been almost a month since I last wore Creed's Millesime Imperial from a sample. I've not been able to get it out of my mind, it's the best aquatic I've ever smelled. I thought time would make me forget, or the multiple blows to the head with that hammer, but no! Gott in himmel, nothing works.

The problem is, MI worked its charm like a virus invading a body: slowly and without much fuss. I wore it one time, the missus loved it and I liked it well enough then nothing since then, but every once in a while, in an unguarded moment, there it is! Like a fawn in the forest, it makes an appearance and I think, "that reminds me of MI!" but like the real life fawn, any attempts at following ensures it skittles away. I have to return to the "altar" (a less than 1ml sample I have left) to sniff and assuage my nose.

So now, being that I'm a poor person, I'm now looking for a reasonably priced (please, don't laugh. At least not to my face in this thread ) bottle of MI. I just lost an Ebay auction earlier today ...

Anyone else feel the same about MI?
    Last edited by ifconfig; 27th February 2007 at 11:15 PM.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Blog Entries

Default Re: My Reluctant Love: Millesime Imperial

I have a love/hate relationship w/ MI. I've owned it twice, and both times I had to return my bottles. I absolutely LOVE it right out of the bottle, but on my skin it becomes muted and doesn't project at all. Then after a couple hours, it completely disappears. I mean, it may still be there, but *I* can't smell it, and that's all that matters, lol.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

i feel your pain. I love it as well. The misses hardly smelled it 2hrs later (after 3 sprays). I purchased it for her to go crazy.. she actually liked Azzaro Chrome better. *shrug*

You made me want to smell it again. I have just applied some (from a sample ) on my wrist and I can't stop sniffing it. Terrific.

i wore this last night... 2 hours after application i caught a whiff of myself in the car and thought "dayum i smell nice"

it was my third wearing of M.I ever and its starting to grow on me
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Millesime Imperial does require special application, but it does project quite well. A half spray on the inside of each elbow and 2 sprays over the chest. I do spray my wrist, but this is mostly so that I can smell Millesime Imperial. Last week, I received a compliment (after 4 hours) from someone who said it was quite strong.

Scentiments and ScentMonkey have the best price, but I think are sold out. You can also find decants to get you by.

Please post up your spray techniques. Right now
    one in the chest
    one in the neck
    half on wrists

while wearing a tee shirt and jeans its hardly noticeable to a female who is up and close
    Last edited by bigsink; 28th February 2007 at 09:23 PM.

im a mi fan 2. doesnt last that long but sometimes i can smell it past 6 hours. i wanted it after the first time i sampled it. i say go all out if you really like. another sample will not do. i got mine at scentmonkey so keep shopping around and you will have it before weather breaks good.
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.

I must be one of the lucky ones because most Creeds last a long time on me. MI doesn't last the longest, but I get a good 4 hours out of it.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

The best deal I found online was at perfumemart.com (I can't link yet?) $110 for the 4oz shipped free. Loveee it.

Dang It! You really make me want to try this fragrance! Does anybody know where I can get a decant at discount? I want to try this out for a full week and see how it runs with me. I own Himalya by Creed and I'm looking foward to purchasing Virgin Island Waters too (this one sounds pppeerfect for me)
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thisbekevinn
    Dang It! You really make me want to try this fragrance! Does anybody know where I can get a decant at discount? I want to try this out for a full week and see how it runs with me. I own Himalya by Creed and I'm looking foward to purchasing Virgin Island Waters too (this one sounds pppeerfect for me)
    For decants, try the basenotes swap/sell boards!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

My problem with it used to be (as with many others) its longevity. Some unscented lotion fixed that though, and last time I wore it, it lasted over 5 hours.

But now that i've managed to get it to stay strong enough to smell it, I find it too sweet. Sorry, MI, we just aren't meant to be I guess.

I'd really like to try Erolfa though.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

wore this last night and the sileage is surprizingly excellent on me...
    about 6 hours after a night out...i could smell myself while driving back home... beautiful stuff
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Nope - can't say I feel that way about MI.

I don't dispute it smells pretty good, but at the end of the day it's a unisex scent without any hint whatsoever of anything masculine about it. And it doesn't have much by way of lasting power on me either.
    Renato

any tips on application?

right now one spray on neck ,half spray on each elbo area, half spray on each wrist. No one can smell it I have dry skin i think.

I like it a lot. My wife can take it or leave it. It's very different. It's one I wear just for me, if anyone else likes it, that's a bonus.

Ditto. Like this one a lot. And it lasts ok on me also. No longevity problems or whatsoever

any application techniques?
    I get the good ole 45 minute run.

I love MI. I was worried I would go through the same pain, so I ordered 9 big bottles of it, so I don't have to worry about running out for a long time. They are all 2006-2007 bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    I love MI. I was worried I would go through the same pain, so I ordered 9 big bottles of it, so I don't have to worry about running out for a long time. They are all 2006-2007 bottles.
    Looks like you're set for at least the year 2088.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I dunno about 2088, but it will last me a while. I love how creeds smell after they have aged a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    I love MI. I was worried I would go through the same pain, so I ordered 9 big bottles of it, so I don't have to worry about running out for a long time.
    If I may ask, which dealer did you purchase these from? You must have been really confident in him!
    NoNonScents!! Getting Ready to Retire....

Nine big bottles, wow!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I'm with you and many other posters to this thread. Some days, 20 or so minutes after applying MI, it makes me go "Wow!"in a big way. Other days it makes me go "meh!" Little rhyme or reason, other than the day to day changing nature of each of us as individuals and of the ambient air (i.e., weather) around us, both of which, incidentally, are far from insignficant. Nonetheless, those "Wow!" days overshadow the "meh" days, much as they also do for me with Terre d'Hermes and Santal Noble, two other scents that inconsistently generate a big "Wow!" factor.

Jeff