Code of Conduct

Default Creed Himalaya == Nino Cerruti Pour Homme?

I've seen much on the touted similarity of XS and Himalaya, two fragrances I find to be quite different (in fact, I love Himalaya and actively dislike XS). But I don't think I've read anyone say Himalaya and Nino Cerruti smell alike. Having been a fan of the former for some time and having just received a bottle of the latter, I have to say so far they smell amazingly similar to my (untrained) nose. There is no pyramid for Himalaya here on basenotes but Creed's site offers:
    "It combines Grapefruit, Bergamot, Mandarin and Lemon top notes with a heart of Cedar, Sandalwood and Vetiver and a base of Musk and Ambergris."

An random website (parfumsraffy.com) offers:
    "Mandarin, grapefruit, sandalwood, cedarwood, amber, pepper, and tonka musk."

The Basenotes pyramid listed for Nino Cerruti is:
    Top Notes: Green Note, Galbanum, Juniper, Lemon, Mint, Bergamot
    Middle Notes: Jasmine, Pine, Carnation, Thyme, Fruit Notes ,
    Base Notes: Cedarwood, Moss, Fir, Amber, Musk, Benzoin ,

So I see overlap in the top notes of lemon and bergamot and (depending on the accuracy of the 2nd Himalaya pyramid) the cedarwood and amber. Does that account for the amazing similarity I detect or am I along in thinking this?

Default Re: Creed Himalaya == Nino Cerruti Pour Homme?

Lemon & bergamot are commonly used top notes, and amber is used as a base in many fragrances. I dont detect much similarities between himalaya and xs (and I havent tried Nino pour homme), but I guess each to their own nose.

This italian site offers accurate detailed notes for many of the Creeds:

http://www.cale.it/fragranza-scheda....rofumazione=89

Himalaya notes are:

Top:
    Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Mandarin
    Heart:
    Pepper Rose, Walnut (? Cedar??), Sandalwood, Vetiver, Pepper,
    Bottom:
    Amber, Musk, Tonka
    --------------------------------------
    An interesting observation - at that italian site, there is this note inserted in Himalayas heart notes listing : "Note di Polvere da Sparo", which translates to "Notes I talk nonsense"
    Last edited by zztopp; 28th February 2007 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -

Hi! I own both of these, and detect little or no similarity between them. The Himalaya is a refreshing citrus/woodsy scent that I quite like. Nino Cerruti Pour Homme, purportedly with in excess of 100 ingredients, is a dark, brooding floral musk scent that is like little else. Perhaps Eau d'Hermes is "kinda sorta" similar, the prominent cumin note mimicking the equally prominent musk note in Nino Cerruti PH. However, I smelled Givenchy's discontinued Insense for the first time yesterday on a scent strip, and after a few minutes the unequivocable comparison with Nino Cerruti PH registered on my sniffer; I was amazed.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by wicozani
    . . . However, I smelled Givenchy's discontinued Insense for the first time yesterday on a scent strip, and after a few minutes the unequivocable comparison with Nino Cerruti PH registered on my sniffer; I was amazed. Jeff
    The correspondence between Givenchy Insensť and Nino Cerruti Pour Homme has a lot to do with the strong presence of fir in both.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 28th February 2007 at 04:46 AM.