Code of Conduct

Default SotD Wednesday 28 February

N'Aimez Que Moi

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 28 February

It was very windy this morning, I almost got blown away when I was waiting for the bus.
    The sensual musky Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle for me.

Kingdom

Wind and rain, another grey day.

I wear the fragrance of optimism, Lipstick Rose, and it smells good.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Eau de Narguilé from Creations Mathias again.

I am a woman with a mission: I will not rest untill I have traced at least one bottle of this scent.
    And when I really cannot find one......well, I will have to trace Mr. Mathias and persuede him to make this beautiful fragrance again.

Persuede him very, very gently, of course
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Once again I'm giving Madame Rochas another try, a triumph of hope over experience. When I first tried this I loved it and bought 100ml quickly afterwards, since when it has been disastrous on me. An acrid odour redolent of stale ashtrays has been the usual result, much to my dismay. Today, however, it is really lovely, with a very pleasing dry edge that holds my interest and lifts my spirits.

From now on I'm going to keep a diary of daily perfumes complete with moisturising oils or creams. Perhaps I've been using the wrong combinations that simply worked against one another with Madame Rochas. I don't want to lose today's great association with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra
    From now on I'm going to keep a diary of daily perfumes complete with moisturising oils or creams. Perhaps I've been using the wrong combinations that simply worked against one another with Madame Rochas. I don't want to lose today's great association with it.
    Good idea, Sestra. I made this experience frequently even when applying so-called non-scented creams! A real dream team for me in conjunction with many fragrances is my beloved Welede Wild Rose Oil (special hello to rtamara!), relieving and intensifying the fragrances' notes.

Today I am braving the stormy winds wrapped up in Cabochard - strong and comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by lievje
    Wind and rain, another grey day.

I wear the fragrance of optimism, Lipstick Rose, and it smells good.

I have got to try Lipstick Rose. For today however it's Narciso Rodriguez For Her.

Aromatics Elixir on this rainy morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    Eau de Narguilé from Creations Mathias again.

I am a woman with a mission: I will not rest untill I have traced at least one bottle of this scent.
    And when I really cannot find one......well, I will have to trace Mr. Mathias and persuede him to make this beautiful fragrance again.

Persuede him very, very gently, of course
    Guess what I'm wearing? Eau de Narguilé, too - and without any previous agreement! We are two wonderful smelling gals, m'dear
    Aaah, Dragons and Unicorns....:wave:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Santa Maria Novella MELOGRANO
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Par Amour again...I don't have that many fragrances to choose from; my wardrobe is still small; but I'm waiting for the postman to bring me some new ones.

I´m wearing Nina by Nina Ricci today.

Perfume description, quote from OsMoz:
    "A fresh, fruity, mouthwatering floral. An opening that sparkles with Calabrian lemon and Caipirinha lime. The heart reveals the charm of "love apple" (candy apple, in French) paired with floral notes of peony and moonflower. Then a sweet vanilla praline note announces the trail: apple-tree wood and musks. Perfume designers: Olivier Cresp and Jacques Cavallier, Firmenich."

I really like this scent, although it feels a bit too "young" for me to wear. Guess I´ll give it to my daughter (soon 16) if she wants it.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Talking Re: SotD Wednesday 28 February

Attrape-Coeur for me today.

Today I'm wearing my beloved Crystal Noir.Bodylotion and edt.I'm glad my b.f got me this

Acqua di Parma
    Wishlist is pointless.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Le Baiser du Dragon today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Coco for me today...again...love this. So warm, spicy and sweet.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Mauboussin (:wave: TWolf!!) that I loved the minute I dabbed it on wrists and bosom. Yummy fruits and a hint of jasmine and some warm woody patchouli. A sweeter, more subdued version of my beloved Tabu.

Then came down and read Tigs' review in the directory and got all weepy and mushy over her story of her relationship with Mauboussin - made the experience even better. :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Everything hurts, every single muscle I did not know existed -- yesterday I was making use of the good weather and started digging in my little garden!

Wearing Sisley Soir de Lune (thanks to a wonderful Basenoter!) and loving it.

Etro Sandalo, which is all about warmth and sandalwood and amber to me.

V by Valentino

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Not V for Valentino but V as in VIP Room Signature for me today.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Querelle
    Parfumerie
    Generale
    CG

CK Truth

luctor et emergo for me today. i don't know if it's playdough, but it's damn good....
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Guerlain's Parure

Today for me it's Lutens' Encens et Lavande, my winter lavender scent.

I think my goal for today is to remember how to spell "lavender" correctly...

Great day, everyone!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

My beloved Bal a Versailles - again! I'm wearing the stopper out of this one.

Apres L'Ondee which has disappeared in 2 minutes...must go & drench myself in it!

For the eve, I wear Rochas Madame.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Carnal Flower - Subconsciously I keep turning toward this incredible, hypnotic scent in the air. Then I realize I'm smelling my own perfume, and I sniff my wrists, one more time. Carnal Flower is stunning and evokative. One of my favorite reviews on this perfume says "when I opened the bottle of Carnal Flower I heard a Delta Blues song about some legendary femme fatale...." (http://theresalduncan.typepad.com/wi...ics_malle.html)

Me too.

Romance Silver.....gary

Today I'm wearing Lalique Le parfum (I love it)

DH is wearing Dunhill Desire
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

:bounce: Lacoste Touch of Pink
    --------------------------------------
    Last edited by Vivienleigh; 28th February 2007 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Current top five:JPG Classique,Chanel Coco,Lolita Lempicka EDP,Armani Emporio SHE,Opium

I wore Caron Pour un Homme.
    DONNA

SotD: Eau Dynamisant.
    SotE: Chanel No 19
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Quote Originally Posted by eau exquise
    Good idea, Sestra. I made this experience frequently even when applying so-called non-scented creams! A real dream team for me in conjunction with many fragrances is my beloved Welede Wild Rose Oil (special hello to rtamara!), relieving and intensifying the fragrances' notes.

Today I am braving the stormy winds wrapped up in Cabochard - strong and comforting.
    eau exquise: Thanks for the tip re Weleda Wild Rose oil. I have not found it thus far, but will keep looking. I might order it from the web in necessary. In the meantime I'm using up supplies of body lotions and creams (samples are proving very useful now) which I think might complememt the perfumes. I have also bought almond oil and jojoba oil to experiment with as bases. I'll report back on success or otherwise.

I'm trying to find Cabochard as well, as it gets good reports on this forum.