Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What your wardrobe says about you

Hi All,

I was wondering what sort of conclusions you could make from people's Wardrobes (apart from thier overspending habits!) like what notes they're into and likes/dislikes etc. A keen eye could probably tell the dominant notes and the notes that are missing from a Wardrobe.

To take it further, I wonder if you could guesstimate a person's age, personality, socioeconomic statius, (gender would likely be an easy one - but our profiles give that away), or other personal traits of members - or would it a wardrobe be too random to come to such conclusions? What does your wardrobe say about you?

Default Re: What your wardrobe says about you

Welcome Smelly! I've had those thoughts too - sort of like standing next to someone on the checkout line at the supermarket and trying to parse their lives from what's spread out on the counter!!

One's 'drobe is usually a fluid thing (no pun intended) reflecting what's going on in one's current life, don't you think? We add and subtract - experiment and pass along. Mine is just like Gemini me - all over the place. :bounce:

And I wouldn't even try to speculate on those members with hundreds of frags - they are the serious ones who are truly committed. (Again, no pun intended!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Another Gemini here - chaotic wardrobe, everything possible. Hard to identify a person but Gemini could be identified I think.

A third gemini here, and my wardrobe is also very hard to qualify, although I'd have to say that there is little at what you might call the centre, or conventionally "perfumey". I don't seek out fragrances because they're unusual, but do tend to gravitate to them.

The actual size of my wardrobe indicates the fact that I travel a lot and live on student loans

Let's see, I have 18 bottles, and I never want to have more than 20. That says I'm practical, becuase I rotate them and use them all. Most of them have an earth element (wood) and that meshes with the fact that I am a Capricorn. And they are either chypre, Oriental, or rich floral. That says I like strong fragrances, which is because light perfumes vanish on me. How's that? Oh yeah, personality-wise, I tend to be intellectual, artistic, and friendly.

I'm glad I'm not the only one checking out other people's purchases at the supermarket. I always wonder if a guy is single when I see him buying organic food and nice soap - probably not single.

Anyway. Aquarian here. I know Aquarians are supposed to be a little... odd... but I think my choice of scent is quite conventional. I've been a No. 5 devotee for years. I am trying to find a 2nd scent to go with it so I can rotate. I like layering No. 5 with rose and wood oils.

Any other Aquarians here or am I alone?
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

We've a number of Geminis here, but then we Gems are supposed to like communicating, so no wonder we're posting .

I think you might be able to tell how hard one is to please by how they score scents. I'm a tough grader and don't give many stars to many frags. Then there are those who love virtually everything they smell, and their wardrobes contain more stars than the Milky Way. My husband says I'm a "tough nut," being very particular about what pleases me, and my wardrobe does reveal that.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

My sun sign is Aries but I am not that fiery like many Arians do. I enjoy trying out new scents and not afraid to wear something obscure, perhaps I just enjoy the challenges of those hard to tame ones. *heh*

I don't own many leather scents until I have joined this forum. I guess I am still learning about myself and try to use the scents to match my moods.

Ayala has made a series of scents for each zodiac, I took a look at the ingredients she used for Aries. I like the blood orange, cloves and musk... I wonder what this smells like!
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125791.html
    According to her blog, she is going to discontinue this range. Please check her Wednesday, February 07, 2007 blog entry.

Red face Re: What your wardrobe says about you

I'm a really big geek... so...

About two years ago, I started heavily collecting, branching out from my 3 bottle collection to a much more diverse 12 bottle collection. This incidentally coincided with my stint of working as a Marshall Field's cosmetic SA. (Small wonder.)

Anyway, I checked into what I was appreciating, and what revolted me, by making a list of notes in my fragrances, and counting how many times they reappeared. I highly recommend the process-- It has enlightened me to what elements I am allergic to, what elements I enjoy, and what elements have to be in a fragrance before I will purchase it. It's also helped me to avoid some unfortunate purchases which otherwise may have seemed like a good idea at the time, if you know what I mean!

BTW, I am a Scorpio, and my favorite notes include Bergamot, Grapefruit, Pomegranate, Black Currant, Bulgarian Rose, Peony, Amber, and Oppoponax.

I'm a Taurus and I'm a perfume bulimic...I binge buy and binge sell My wardrobe runs from sweet & ultra-girlie to raunchy, bitchy leather. Taurus people are supposed to be practical & methodical, & I guess I am in other areas of my life.... just not when it comes to sniffies.

I really don't know what can be said about me through my wardrobe other than saying that i'm not as much of a 'white floral' person that I could be...it's all over the place! Everything from cheapie stuff to premium stuff, and chypres to fruity florals. I guess the only thing it could say is I try to be an 'equal opportunity' sniffer.

i'm an aries, but i don't think that has anything to do with my wardrobe!

my wardrobe reflects, i think, that i want to try as many things as possible, from many different houses, to learn as much as i can and to train my nose.
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Smile Re: What your wardrobe says about you

I['m a Leo but not very fiery, either. However. I love many, many florals (sun, sun), orientals and chypres. Those water scents do nothing for me, and neither do gourmands. My Gemini daughter likes fruities and ambers; that is, if you can find them in the mess of her living quarters.
    I love to check out people's stuff at the supermarket, too! A silly, but minor, vice.

Schizo Gemini here too. (Having said that, I am a fairly late Gemini and have Cancer rising, if you're into that stuff - I tend to think it's mostly rubbish).

Despite being an air sign I like earthy smells - lots of patchouli and spicy woods. I loathe aquatics with a vengeance. There are also certain musks I cannot abide.

I like yummy scents - fruity perfumes like Poison and Belles de Ricci or gourmands like Angel and Hypnotic Posion - but also warm spicy woody and amber scents. I've just invested in Ambre Sultan, which I adore, and I can see myself becoming a bit Lutens fan. I have already promised myself I can have another if I lose 5lbs...

I'm also Capricorn....earth sign.Lately I've been drawn towrads more woody and earthy scents and less of the sweeter stuff I used to love.However I still enjoy vanillas and musks.I guess you could say I'm a little shy since I prefer fragrances that aren't overly loud or ultra sweet or "ultra" anything really.Enjoy the in betweens a lot, but have started to enjoy more unusual scents lately.So a little confusing,I suppose.I see I also tend to go for florientals or spicy flowers rather than pure floral scents.Or..what would you guys say?I also have a passion for somwhow a little romantic scents(a hopeless romatic:P)

I'm and aqrs with a rising, moon and venus in cap.

My favs would be
    Lipstick Rose
    By D & B
    Fracas
    Stella
    Euphoria
    Fantasy on cold days
    Dior Addict
    & Poison

I have know idea what that says, but there they are. lol
    Last edited by Loli; 4th March 2007 at 05:06 PM.
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

Virgo here....I too check out what other people are buying at the supermarket line! I've loved perfume all my life but have only gotten 'serious' about them recently. I'm not quite sure how to categorize myself, as I like so many different types of scents....and still evolving. However, I find myself drawn to florals most times. Perhaps one of the more experienced Basenoters can "Analyse" my wardrobe!! That would be fun. BTW, how can you look at other member's wardrobes without linking?

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/show

I'm Cancer with Aquarius rising and if you really knew me, you'd see me as an Aquarian. The only thing I got out of the Cancer was the sensitivity. I am not into family, am a thrower awayer, and am not very scentamental. And most of all I am what most might consider weird. If I was younger, I'd have purple hair. If you looked in my grocery cart right now, you'd see doggie stuff, canned meat and lots of low carb drinks, I am on a diet. My favorites are Orientals, then Gourmands, some musks and chypres. I love to smell florals on others, but have worn them so much, I got tired of them on me. Plus I grow a lot of flowers. I can tell a lot by someone's wardrobe, tons of info there, maybe that's why I don't show mine, I feel a little naked.

Aries with Virgo rising (I find I'm slightly embarrassed that I *know* that) - that said, I am half-Chinese and find Chinese astrology seems to describe me and my tastes rather better. I'm a Dragon, born in a Fire Dragon year, and Aries is a fire sign...and my wardrobe is full of resinous woods, incense notes and rather *loud* fragrances.

I'm just looking at my wardrobe, though, and I'm not really able to come to any conclusions about myself other than that I spend way too much money on perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezeweasel
    Aries with Virgo rising (I find I'm slightly embarrassed that I *know* that) - that said, I am half-Chinese and find Chinese astrology seems to describe me and my tastes rather better. I'm a Dragon, born in a Fire Dragon year, and Aries is a fire sign...and my wardrobe is full of resinous woods, incense notes and rather *loud* fragrances.

I'm just looking at my wardrobe, though, and I'm not really able to come to any conclusions about myself other than that I spend way too much money on perfume.

Perhaps you're my alter ego!! I'm a Virgo with Aries rising! and I'm "full" Chinese. I've had a few loud fragrances in the past Paloma Picasso, Coco....I plan to add some woody, incense based fragrances -like OJ's Orris Noir

I guess, I'm a little bit of everything-erratic, and unpredictable, so unlike a Virgo

Love this thread - amazing amount of those scintillating, verbose Geminis here. It seems to hold true for their fragrance styles too!

Pisces here, which is a tough gig fragrance-wise, because I find watery/oceanic/marine fragrances an enormously appealing concept, but my hopes are dashed more often than not by that dread note ozone. Pisces likes the fluidity, not gaseous qualities, of oceanics. Ozone is all about GAS - yuk.
    I want a fragrance that flows, dances, titillates, delights.

So, why am I so drawn to chypre? Is that the Aries moon, or Libra rising? I think it's my big old Neptune in the twelth house that resonates like crazy with those deep fragrances.

My Libra rising loves roses and harmonious fragrances. I would be more of a floral lover if they didn't mostly turn into the department store notes on me. There's something about contemporary synthetic florals that often turn hellish on me, and my wardrobe reflects that. Many of my favorite chypres have rose in them, so that combines two loves.

My wardrobe says I'm impulsive, but not overly, as a lot of my collection is decants, which shows a certain amount of prudence. But that also says I'm eclectic. It says I'm sensual, older (I can wear a lot of those fragrances that are called Old Lady Scents), romantic, outdoorsy. It shows I'm not big on kitchen notes - I like to keep mine in the bedroom, living room, outdoors... any place but the kitchen.
    Last edited by flathorn; 22nd March 2007 at 03:14 PM.

Diplomaitic and urbane
    Romantic and charming
    Easygoing and sociable
    Idealistic and peaceable

On the dark side....

Indecisive and changeable
    Gullible and easily infuenced
    Flirtatious and self-indulgent

This descripter came from a google search for Libra, and it fits me pretty well except the sociable part, and I'm not gullible--I'm easily infulenced with my eyes wide open!

My wardrobe of well over a 100 bottles will cofirm self-indulgance. My basket of samples, and blind buy lemming decants confirm the rest of the dark side.

I've mostly fresh and florals scents, romantic and unoffensive, heavy on the rose and gardenia. I do try to avoid conflict overmuch, but when compromise and diplomacy fails I'm twice as angry since I hate to fight in the first place. A partner once compared me to the little bunny in The Holy Grail. Those are days for Fumerie Turque.
    Last edited by Shycat; 28th February 2007 at 08:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Another Taurus supermarket spy here . And the one thing that someone can gather from my 'drobe is that I'm not a very girly girl at all!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I'm a Capricorn born in the Chinese year of the Wood Dragon. I don't think you can tell very much from looking at my wardrobe. I go for an individual fragrance now rather than particular scent 'families' if you get what I mean. One thing about Capricorns that is true for me is the notion that they start off in youth with very 'old' heads and gradually get younger in their attitudes as they get older. This bears out in the way my fragrance tastes have changed over the years because I used to like quite strong 'in control' frags, Montana Parfum De Peau was one of the first, but now I'm loving soft musks, vanilla, even some fruity scents. Choosing a perfume twenty years ago was quite a deliberate, serious business for me, now it's a whole load of fun.

I'm a Gemini with Sagittarius rising, born in a Water Dog year. I know all of these things because I am sort of a dork.

What does my wardrobe say about me? I think it shows that I'm impulsive, unpredictable, multifaceted, and really, really fond of sweets.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Aquarius here, and everything I've ever read about Aquarius is me to a T. (What does "to a T" mean, anyways?)

How do I find out the "moon" and all that. Astrology fascinates me.

My wardrobe says I'm a quirky collector who suffers with BPD and likes hot weather...? :bounce:

To me my wardrobe says I like sweet, spicey, and woody fragrances. I am a Virgo and I tend to be fairly practical and I tend to overedit everything in my life. I think my wardrobe reflects that because I rarely ever buy a fragrance I don't really love.

My sun sign is Leo, but my Moon is Cancer, so, apart from loving daring and strong perfumes (Coco, Opium) I often buy perfumes impulsivly, without much thinking.

From times to times I crave citrusy, dynamic and fresh smells, but I also love feminine, low-key fragrances which are more in tune with my Cancerian sensitivity.

Anyway, since I love to make statements and I hate being ignored, I'm a true Leo at heart and I truly and mostly enjoy perfumes that never pass unnoticed.
    “I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.”-Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by tdi
    To me my wardrobe says I like sweet, spicey, and woody fragrances. I am a Virgo and I tend to be fairly practical and I tend to overedit everything in my life. I think my wardrobe reflects that because I rarely ever buy a fragrance I don't really love.
    (((My halfsister)))
    Virgo here with fat Sagittarian ascendant. Now go and check my wardrobe
    I would love to know if it is the Virgo or the Sagittarian part that is responsible for that!

But like a true earthsign I indeed love spices, wood, incense, heady flowers and I run from every aquatic scent.

And so very unlike modest Virgo: my most loved scents have a tendency of being bold.
    Maybe they swapped me at hospital?
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    But... wouldn't you have been swapped for another virgo?

Djuna, I think we're almost fragrance twins. You have a lot in your wardrobe that I either have, like or want!

Wink Re: What your wardrobe says about you

For the most part, I like exotic type scents, and not girly type, because I'm not the typical female, although I like those scents on other women. I am a creature of habit, as to the fact, that I basically like the same type of fragrances I liked when I was younger. Always searching for that special something that will turn my head, and that most people are not wearing as much. Don't want everyone to be able to figure out what I am wearing. Not into trendy, because I am not. I am not into fashion as much as I used to, kind of tee-shirt & jeans kind of person.

I'm a Leo with Libra rising, and a Rabbit in the Chinese calendar. My fragrance wardrobe says, quite accurately I think, that I love scents that are intense, usually strong but not always, unusual/distinctive, and complicated. Also that white flowers generally do not work for me.

For the most part I am a fan of oriental/florientals, deep woods and chypres, and the occasional well-constructed gourmand. A bit of a dilettante, perhaps? I prefer to think that my taste is wide-ranging, but I am faithful to those I love because of their individual merits, even though there are a lot of them collectively!

"I'm always true to you, darling, in my fashion..."
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriousmongoose
    But... wouldn't you have been swapped for another virgo?
    Not necessarily I was born on August 25th, so...a very early Virgo. Could have been swapped for a late Leo.

My dear father said when they showed me to him: "are you sure that is my child?"
    Raising doubts, eh?

Lots of Geminis here, I am another Pisces, but with Gemini rising, whatever that may mean, and I am in love with a Taurean Dragon. I am a Tiger.

I gravitate towards oriental frags, it seems, and notes that I particularly love are sandalwood, jasmine and rose. I find that I like amber and patchouli and tobacco, too. I like spice notes like saffron and cumin.

My favorite frags have complexity and dimension.
    These days Coco satisfies me, and Eugenie, En Avion, Carnal Flower and Tabac Blond are probably at the top of my list. With Jasmin Full and Sa Majeste la Rose and Fleurs d'Oranger in supporting roles.

Ambre Sultan and Aimez Moi give me comfort.

This is a neat thread!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    (((My halfsister)))
    Virgo here with fat Sagittarian ascendant. Now go and check my wardrobe
    I would love to know if it is the Virgo or the Sagittarian part that is responsible for that!

But like a true earthsign I indeed love spices, wood, incense, heady flowers and I run from every aquatic scent.

And so very unlike modest Virgo: my most loved scents have a tendency of being bold.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, Riannon dear, but true Virgoan women have a real penchant for dramatic, blockbuster perfumes.

Most of the Virgos, natal and rising, that I know adore Femme Fatale scents.

My mum - Estee Lauder Youth Dew, Calvin Klein Obsession, Thierry Mugler Angel.

...acting the the demure , wallflower touting a femme fatale, diva scent...
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva
    Sorry to burst your bubble, Riannon dear, but true Virgoan women have a real penchant for dramatic, blockbuster perfumes.

Every woman is different in their type of scents they like, as well as Virgo women. One of my best friends is a Virgo, and she does not like dramatic, blockbuster scents, she basically only wears musk, all the eighteen years I've know her. I've tried to give her some of my exotic scents, but although she likes them on me, she wouldn't feel comfortable wearing them. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah
    Aquarius here, and everything I've ever read about Aquarius is me to a T. (What does "to a T" mean, anyways?)

How do I find out the "moon" and all that. Astrology fascinates me.

My wardrobe says I'm a quirky collector who suffers with BPD and likes hot weather...? :bounce:
    I studied astrology myself, but if you look up astrology on the net, you will find many places that will give you a free reading and you can find out where all your signs are basically.

I´m a Taurus, but have absolutely no idea of what is rising or ascending and things like that...
    When I have a look at my wardrobe, it tells me that I´m an unpatient and impulsive person; soo many scents bought unsniffed. So many I used to like for just a very short time, before I got tired of them.
    Many of the scents on my "owned" and "tested" list are really the ones that should have been in my current wardrobe. That doesn´t sound like a Taurus, does it?

(most of all, it tells me that I like vanilla, though )
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I wish I knew how you guys made the little faces in your posts. The only thing I know how to make is a smiley face:

I'm wearing Boucheron Trouble. I wonder if it's very different from Guerlain L'Instant?
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryFemme
    I wish I knew how you guys made the little faces in your posts. The only thing I know how to make is a smiley face:
    PM'd you
    --------------------------------------

Well, that settles it .... "acting the demure, wallflower

Demure, moi
    Last edited by Riannon; 2nd March 2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank you! Wearing White Linen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly Dagger
    Every woman is different in their type of scents they like, as well as Virgo women. One of my best friends is a Virgo, and she does not like dramatic, blockbuster scents, she basically only wears musk, all the eighteen years I've know her. I've tried to give her some of my exotic scents, but although she likes them on me, she wouldn't feel comfortable wearing them. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.
    Welcome to Basenotes Dolly Dagger! :wave:

Anyone who reads my posts regular will tell you that with me that is taken as 'read'. LOL! I am definitely one of those always shouting that everyone is different and that tastes are definitely unique to the individual...

But maybe you missed that memo.

Anyway, I apologise unreservedly for making such a sweeping statement that has caused you such upset. I heed your point and shall adjust my statement accordingly:

Sorry to burst your bubble, Riannon dear, but - although all people are different / individuals, many true Virgoan women have a real penchant for dramatic, blockbuster perfumes.

...acting the the demure, wallflower touting a femme fatale, diva scent...
    :brolly:
    Last edited by moondeva; 2nd March 2007 at 10:54 AM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

This is one Virgo, dear Moondeva, that you got exactly right. (Although I personally like only one of the scents you suggest. My inner diva is currently in a Fracas, Bandit, Shalimar kinda mood).

Wink Re: What your wardrobe says about you

To MoonDeva: Thank you for your welcome, I'll just skip over the sarcasm, and say that you need not "apologize" for what you said, nor should I. As far as "missing the memo," I guess that can happen when your new to the site. I'll be sure to go over your comments next time, in more detail. LOL...

What my wardrobe says about me?

It says that I like
    - women's, men's and unisex scents
    - both old Classics and off-beat moderns
    - Orientals, Chypres, and even some Florals
    - both larger-than-life and barely-there scents
    - well-known big house fragrances and never-heard-of-it rarities from independent perfumers

etc etc etc

It does not, however, tell my astrological sign.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I think my wardrobe says that I like orientals mainly,
    but also enjoy citrussy, hediones (especially in the summer.)
    I want my scents to say "this woman has good taste" -whether they
    do that or not, I wouldn't like to say. Maybe you can tell me.

Question Re: What your wardrobe says about you

i am constantly wrapped in black cashmere and fun fur what does that say i am a hedonist?

i'm a Scorpio and i love everything amber,musk,sandalwood,vanilla,rose,jasmine&lily.ha ve lots of oriental-floral fragrance.i have 20 bottles now and rotating it.the classic must have for me is Shalimar from Guerlain.and i just love love love Burberry Brit Gold.

I think my wardrobe says that I really love Orientals, in all it's forms, but that I was also in a bit of a rut. Finding this board has expanded my horizons, and am now learning to love other families as well. Hopefully over time I will have a large variety of scents that I can wear and love!

Quote Originally Posted by redrabbit
    i'm a Scorpio and i love everything amber,musk,sandalwood,vanilla,rose,jasmine&lily.ha ve lots of oriental-floral fragrance.i have 20 bottles now and rotating it.the classic must have for me is Shalimar from Guerlain.and i just love love love Burberry Brit Gold.
    woohoo, welcome on board redrabbit!

I am also a rabbit myself, in Chinese zodiac!

I'm a cancerian born in the chinese year of the firehorse.

My wardrobe tells me that my tastes veer towards the niche and "most likely to be discontinued". I'm not big on chypres, but that could just be because I haven't found any that I love. I have more of a gourmand habit than I'd expect, given that I detest Angel.

My wardrobe also tells me that my inner drag queen is really not so well hidden any more

my wardrobe says i m a selective person, i m aiming for the most complete collection with the least perfumes possible as i hold no interest in having 200+ bottles at home.
    but i don 't want to miss out on anything wether it 's classics or stunning vintage, new or niche so selection is not always easy, but I think I did a great job.

I am a capricorn too and the quoted message is so true of me as well. Like you I wanted the heavier fragrances when I was younger, but people would tell me it was too 'old' for me, I need something fresher and younger. Now I am the reverse LOL Somewhere along the line, I must have got it right?? Now I wear what 'I' feel like. Marines or light florals on hot days and warm woody ones on cooler days. LOVE Mystere by Roshas, but hard to find in NZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaelaran1008
    I'm a Capricorn born in the Chinese year of the Wood Dragon. I don't think you can tell very much from looking at my wardrobe. I go for an individual fragrance now rather than particular scent 'families' if you get what I mean. One thing about Capricorns that is true for me is the notion that they start off in youth with very 'old' heads and gradually get younger in their attitudes as they get older. This bears out in the way my fragrance tastes have changed over the years because I used to like quite strong 'in control' frags, Montana Parfum De Peau was one of the first, but now I'm loving soft musks, vanilla, even some fruity scents. Choosing a perfume twenty years ago was quite a deliberate, serious business for me, now it's a whole load of fun.
    Not sure what happened to chaelaran1008's quote, but this is the one I was referring to.
    Last edited by auntdaisy2; 7th March 2007 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Auntdaisy2
    Azienta Tibetan Spaniels
    & Stoney Meadows Alpacas

It says i'm a True Gemini guy.

I can't link to my wardrobe right now. =(

I think my tastes are all over the place because I tend to be fairly adventurous. Even though I'm not a gemini--I'm a taurus. My mother is a gemini and she only wears Shalimar, YSL Paris, or Prada.

Oh, total noob question and this may be an inappropriate place to ask it, but how do I get the little bottle icon that links to my wardrobe to show up in my posts? This has been puzzling me for the past day now.

Hi flco,
    Go to top of this page and click on User CP - then click Edit Profile - scroll down to Show wardrobe (dropdown) and click yes. That should do it!

Quote Originally Posted by auntdaisy2
    I am a capricorn too and the quoted message is so true of me as well. Like you I wanted the heavier fragrances when I was younger, but people would tell me it was too 'old' for me, I need something fresher and younger. Now I am the reverse LOL Somewhere along the line, I must have got it right?? Now I wear what 'I' feel like. Marines or light florals on hot days and warm woody ones on cooler days. LOVE Mystere by Roshas, but hard to find in NZ.

Not sure what happened to chaelaran1008's quote, but this is the one I was referring to.
    Mystere is sold on a couple of perfume stores online. I've bought it a couple of times, this is a strange fragrance, very different.

Quote Originally Posted by spicegirl
    Hi flco,
    Go to top of this page and click on User CP - then click Edit Profile - scroll down to Show wardrobe (dropdown) and click yes. That should do it!
    Sorry flco - I forgot to add click "save changes" at the bottom to set it!

Quote Originally Posted by spicegirl
    Sorry flco - I forgot to add click "save changes" at the bottom to set it!
    Thank you so much! It never occured to me to scroll down that far.