Code of Conduct

Thread: Sheer lipstick

Default Sheer lipstick

I'm looking for cost effective sheer lipsticks in the UK. The stuff that comes in a bullet, so I can slick it on in 0.25 seconds, not stuff I have to apply from a little pot with a brush, or sticky goop from a tube that makes my hair stick to my mouth when the wind blows.

A few years ago all the cheaper brands were doing nice sheers. No 7 did two I loved: Barely Plum and Barely Salsa, and Max Factor had a sheer bright orange that went on remarkably subtley. Unfortunately they no longer do them and I can't find a good replacement for a reasonable price (under £10).

Default Re: Sheer lipstick

Not a 100% sure but I think Rimmel do sheer lippies and Boots Natural range too. I believe you need to look for glossy rather than sheer now.
    DONNA

MAC's lustres are quite nice, and are lightly vanilla scented
    (http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...CT_ID=PROD1439)
    Sheer Plum, perhaps?

I actually own a Boots Natural range sheer but it's worn down to a nub and they don't have them any more. Nor do Rimmel, sadly.

I love Cliniques Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. I t is extremely easy to apply without a mirror. This is my work lipstick because I never have time to go to the bathroom and apply lipstick. The color looks great on everyone ( although it does look black in the tube) and is a pretty, sheer berry color. The cost is $14 (USD) which I think is reasonable since I have yet to find a drug store brand I like and they are not that much less expensive.

Thanks, I shall look out for it!

Quote Originally Posted by tdi
    I love Cliniques Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. I t is extremely easy to apply without a mirror. This is my work lipstick because I never have time to go to the bathroom and apply lipstick. The color looks great on everyone ( although it does look black in the tube) and is a pretty, sheer berry color. The cost is $14 (USD) which I think is reasonable since I have yet to find a drug store brand I like and they are not that much less expensive.
    I was going to recommend that exact product in that exact shade! It's a perfect colour and texture (not gooey at all). I'm wearing it right now

Picked it up today and it's almost the same as the Boots Naturals range sheer Plum I have that is now worn down to a nub. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet
    Picked it up today and it's almost the same as the Boots Naturals range sheer Plum I have that is now worn down to a nub. Cheers!
    I hope you like it! I always seem to come back to it no matter how far I stray into my Lipstick/lipgloss obsession

I too love the Clinique sheers (I like the Almost Blush - very naked). I recently found a new lipstick by Cover Girl called TruShine - - they come in some of the same shades as the Clinique and they are sheer - and much cheaper.
    Last edited by pookyface; 16th April 2007 at 06:15 PM.

Well, I found almost by accident Boots No 7 are doing a new range of sheers. I bought some nail varnish from them and got a goody bag with one called Excite in. It's very natural and sheer and has quickly become a staple.
    I thought about adding another to the collection but found they were £9!!! Quite a lot considering it's not really a prestige brand.

It sounds like you've found what you were looking for, Indiscreet, but to add my two-pennorth, as a lipbalm wearer who has made the leap to 'proper' lipstick but can't be bothered with faffing about and just wants to whack it on without really needing a mirror, I have 3 recent discoveries to shout about:
    Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm offers a sheer colour, isn't a sticky gloss and tastes very nice.
    Clarins also do a great sheerish lip colour in a long thin lipstick tube that I can't remember the name of (doh!), but it's great - moisturising but with good colour that lasts well.It's more than a tenner though, but one to consider if you are going to treat yourself.
    And today I bought myself one of those new Boots No7 lippies, they're called Sheer Temptations. I like it very much and think I'll get my use from it to make it worth the £9. Again, nice and moisturising.
    Finally I must also tip my hat to the fantastic Clinique Different lipstick. My favourite is Sweet Honey, a nice red that's easy to wear.
    Last edited by Wordbird; 23rd May 2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: doh!

You also may want to see if you can run down an Avon UK book. They've just come out with a wonderful new range of sheer lipsticks here, and I can't imagine that it'll be too long, if not already, that it launches there too.

Ah Avon has an online store these days does it not?

The Lipstick Queen does two types of lipstick-the Saint which is sheer and the Sinner which is very pigmented and deep colour. I had a Saint in a nude colour and it was lovely but I gave it to my daughter who cannot usually wear lipstick. She tried it and took it!. The colours were very good-plenty of natural colour and nice and shiny,too. Definitely recommended but they cost about £15. From SpaceNK.