Code of Conduct

Default Is it just me or...

Unforgivable is very similar to Millesime Imperial?

Seriously, that's the impression it gave me. Anyone else have the same reaction?
    MikeD on Chaz by Revlon: "I knew a lady who took one sniff and said "bug spray." I never told the guy what she said, but the termites disappeared, oddly enough."

Default Re: Is it just me or...

It has been noted before. P Diddy's favorite scent is MI. When Unforgivable came out, most basenoter's commented on the similarities. There's a few threads around here, but I'm too lazy to dig them up.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I would say its of a similar style, or is inspired by MI. Its not an exact copy. Its similar to MI in the same sense that MPG Racine is similar to Guerlain Vetiver, or Czech & Speake no. 88 is similar to Montale Black Aoud.
    -

who the hell is P. Diddy?

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo
    Thats actually a very good question. I know who he is, but I dont know what he does exactly ...
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Thats actually a very good question. I know who he is, but I dont know what he does exactly ...
    No one does…it's a mystery!
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Puff Daddy, or Sean Combs is/was a rapper. He hasn't really put anything out in awhile except for his clothing line, Sean John. People seem to respect Sean John quite a bit.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo
    I believe he's a fictional detective.

Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Quote Originally Posted by _R$_
    Puff Daddy, or Sean Combs is/was a rapper. He hasn't really put anything out in awhile except for his clothing line, Sean John. People seem to respect Sean John quite a bit.
    - Rich
    I think he just came out with an album in 2006! And I think he is working on a female frag or something like that. I think I read that somewhere online.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    I think he just came out with an album in 2006!
    I should have said anything good. It is so far the least successful album of his career.
    - Rich

P. Diddy is significant because he "found" Biggie Smalls. This was a little over ten years ago. Back then he did a fair amound of quality production (making beats), a bit of mediocre rapping, and made a lot of smart business deals. Now more than anything he is a successful business man, though he also puts out rap records. While he deserves some respect for some his accomplishments (more notably from earlier in his career), he is also somewhat despicable and somewhat of a sell-out because he has never been a skilled rapper and he is really rich. In being a good business man, he put out a well thought-out fragrance with good marketing. That fragrance was Unforgiveable. Like most of his business ventures, this one has netted him a lot of money.

Yeah, Diddy is the richest man in Hip Hop. Seriously. Diddy was also suspected in the killing of Tupac. He was half responsible for the deaths of nine people at a concert when they got stampeded. He is known for being watered down and a sell out. Good for him, cause he's seriously got more money than me.
    - Rich

what is hippity hop? who is tupac shaker? did diddy invent cheese diddles? I read more closely above. so he inventy cheese puffy diddles and cheese biggies diddles that were small. I have no use for oxymoronic products.

and why are our posts on the first page of Basenotes? I pay for an intrusion of my piracy?
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 1st March 2007 at 06:44 PM.

Diddy is a rich man alright. One of my mentors founded Notorious Entertainment, and sold it to P. Diddy a few years later.

How come a superb scent like MI, originally made for King Faisal of Saudi Arabia, is now more associated with rappers like Diddy et al ?
    -