Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Today I bought ... (for March 2007)

This monthly thread has highlighted my spending to me more than I thought. Guess we better keep it going.

What did you buy today?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Today I bought ... (for March 2007)

Today I received Samsara edp; Rochas Femme edt; Cabochard.
    I've had Samsara before. The other two I bought unsniffed as they were not that expensive. I think I'm going to like Cabochard....but Femme I guess I'm going to have a harder time with...too early to say yet.

Purchased Shiseido's Feminite du Bois, based on recommendations and reviews on this board. The local department store still had a few bottles available, but they are under the counter. Apparently, there is quite a following for this one -- when they do have it in (which isn't often), they generally go very fast.

After using up the samples, I purchased full size bottles of:

Youth Dew - (I did have this about 20 yrs. ago, and still love it!)
    Youth Dew Amber Nude
    Pure Poison
    All in EDP

Now I just need a few more Guerlains for Guerlain Week!

I will probably buy (not decided yet) Bryant Park today.

Yes, it's working that well on me.

for goodness' sake, someone talk me out of it!

A backup bottle of Tracy, by Ellen Tracy. It smells like Omnia with a touch of creamy almond.

Alright, I did not buy it, but I did receive a full 50ml bottle of the new Miracle Forever edp today. A friend from work bought it for herself but since she ended up getting migranes from it she gave it to me.
    I have to find a nice pretty floral for her now - I'd love to present her with something she'd like - something soft, floral and pretty .
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

OK, today is the March 1st & I'm not going to buy ANY more stink juice until April 1st, I promise...
    Oh pleeeease, who am I trying to kid?! I give myself til 3/3 before I crumble.

So far so good...not one penny on scents. After february splurges, perfume and jewelry, I need to take a break.

I think I should do the sample thing before I buy more.

I came close to a big ebay buy, but held back. All were vintage versions of things I have already.

Perfume buying is pretty endless, isn't it? I mean once you've "caught the bug" and start collecting? Life was simpler when I just wore the same favorite daily.
    At least simpler from the fragrance perspective. There were other unsettling aspects.

Question Re: Today I bought ... (for March 2007)

So far nothing, but I keep getting that obsessive urge to buy something new, so far, I've kept it under control, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out. I've been wanting to buy Flower Oriental by Kenzo, and try out a few others, but haven't as of yet. May go & get a cheaper one at Bath & Body, just to hold me over, but their scents don't really do it for me, as the more complex ones and (unfortunately) expensive ones I would rather have. Well see how long I can hold out...

Avignon - (CdeG) an addictive incense-y, figgy beauty that I got introduced to on the "Orthodox Church Smell?" thread. (sigh)

Tea for Two from a fellow BaseNoter which hasn't arrived yet - thank God - cause I'm still catching up with Divine, and MDCI and tons of samples from all y'all. I don't think I'll live long enough to try everything I want to! :bounce:

P.S. Oh, and I replenished Joy and underscored it with the Body Lotion. (sigh)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Exclamation Re: Today I bought ... (for March 2007)

Bryant Park the new Bond you guys are missing it you have to try this it is amazing

I bought Bond No. 9 Fire Island yesterday. I fell for this many months ago, but was intimidated by the price. Been thinking about it since, and haven't spent much money on fragrances lately so when I heard there was a GWP event at Saks, my mind was set. I now happily own this. I'm looking forward to wearing this amazing fragrance this summer! My first Bond.

So much for my "thing" about buying one a month!

Alright time to come clean .

Today I bought:
    100ml edt Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Princesse Muscat
    50ml edp Paul Smith - London
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Not a fragrance but inspired by basenotes: Bell Book and Candle...the DVD. I had the VHS version, but it vanished when my youngest went to college.

Waiting for Hôtel Costes arriving from a swap and just placed an order for Alexander McQueen Kingdom EdP + Body Lotion a minute ago. Can't wait!

3 March 07
    Bois des Îles - 200ML EDT.
    My first bottle from the Les Excusifs range!
    The SA at the Chanel boutique was quite helpful, but she insisted that I prefer woody scents over the others. I was so relucted to tell her that I am a fragrance whore who wears almost everything. I also realised that they are not very well versed with the notes.

* Note: the box is pristine and huge and it can be easily marked by dirty fingers

Yesterday I went to Les Senteurs (blissful place) and came out with SL Un Bois Vanille. I'm still on a comfort scent bender, and my, that one is gorgeous. I pranged my car on my way home today, the world is looking sucky but at least it smells delicious. And they gave me samples

A nice choice - I tried that last time I found the Lutens counter (though in Fenwicks rather than Les Senteurs) and found it quite coconutty.

I've also been Lutens shopping...again. Last week I walked away with Ambre Sultan, but I was also mesmerised by Chypre Rouge. That scent has haunted me all week! So today I went back and bought it. I'm very naughty.

Tried a lot of other things too and was given a sample of Arabie, which I am looking forward to trying.

Ohhhh! The postman was good to me yesterday. Some of my anxiously awaited juice came in from purchases listed in the sale items forum:

Cuir de Russie (bottle) - it rivals the Bois des Iles and is fast becoming a favoured chanel.

Decants of Chinatown and Carnal Flower plus samples.

The postal stress was killing me... so while waiting, I went to my fave discounter and purchased Bal a Versailles and Guerlain's Mahora. Ahh... instant gratification!

Expecting 3 more packages from the postman, then I am done for this month! No more! I have to save my pennies for next month! Wait... it's only March 3, April is 28 long days away.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Waiting for Hôtel Costes arriving from a swap and just placed an order for Alexander McQueen Kingdom EdP + Body Lotion a minute ago. Can't wait!
    drooling over that Kingdom purchase, Shifts...I am intrigued by thoughts of the Body Lotion...

Today I ordered a slew of samples from Ava Luxe, inspired by the description of Rasa Xtreme on the Bad Girl thread...and found many captivating scents I want to try. Ordered some lotion scented with Viva, too. Did not hurt the wallet too badly.
    Must save up to replenish my Ambre Sultan.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Bought another bottle of Dior Addict plus body lotion. Couldn't resist the great price, a third off retail. Also tried Burberry Brit Red - not for me, Gucci edp again, CK Obsession Night - so so, Armani Code - made zero impression. Am really liking the Gucci edp now though, it's taken a few tries but the yummy bubblegum and soft spices I'm getting from this are winning me over.

Blog Entries

My darling SO bought my a treat - The brand new TBS Pink Fruit Punch and Spirit of Moonflower perfume oils.

I think Body Shop has done another tweaking of it's perfume oils because the Spirit of Moonflower that I have now is much more about lilacs and gorgeous spring flowers than it is about melony cucumber freshness. I had refused to purchase before because the bile inducing cucumber dominated the scent. ::blanches at the memory:: Urrggh!

But this formulation is a different story. The melon is still there but subtly in the background, supporting and adding a delicious sunny fruitiness to the delicate florals. This scent is now all about the lilacs. So pretty! And yes the rumours are true - it is very similar to Frederic Malle's frightfully expensive En Passant.

(I shall complete this review and post it to the directory when I actually wear it.)

Just to confirm that I am not going crazy, here are the old list of notes from The Body Shop (australia):
    Linden blossoms, freesia, cucumber, moonflower, jasmine and lily of the valley

And the up to date one on The Body Shop (US):

A delicate and floral fragrance that mirrors the magical scent of the precious moonflower, suitable for women who enjoy wearing romantic and pretty scents.

Top Notes: Melon, Green Notes, Coriander, and Gardenia.
    Heart Notes: Moonflower, Cyclamen, Lily of the Valley, and Lime Blossom.
    Base Notes: Jasmine and Rose.
    For once TBS has reformulated a scent for the better. :toppie:
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Here it is the 3rd of the month and we're already on the 3rd page for this thread. We're driving the world's economy, we are.

A conservative ebay purchase for me today: $19.99 + $4.50 for 4 oz. of Demeter Wet Garden. Good deal since 1 oz. usually goes for $19.00.

And I finagled a few swaps and pure give-aways today, too, resolved to clean out the cupboards.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie arrived in the mail last week, and today I celebrated my new job with a bottle of beautiful Jicky!

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Ok - today I got me another bottle of Omnia

I REALLY LOVE THIS ONE!

Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by djuna
    Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie arrived in the mail last week, and today I celebrated my new job with a bottle of beautiful Jicky!
    Congratulations on your new job Djuna!

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41
    drooling over that Kingdom purchase, Shifts...I am intrigued by thoughts of the Body Lotion...
    LOL, you too? I've tried the EdP so I definately know what that one is about, but I've heard so many great things about the Body Lotion I just couldn't resist to order both. I'll of course let you know once I receive it!

Today the postman gifted me with a big bottle of Prada, and 30 ml of Champs Elysees.
    Congrats on your new job Djuna!

A mini Eau des Merveilles (on a cord like a pendant) from eBay arrived today.

Also Lez Nez sample sprays, and samples of the 6 Divine fragrances: Divine, L'Infante, L'Homme de Coeur, L'Âme Soeur, L'Homme Sage, and... L'Inspiratrice I think the last one is.

Not to mention PG minis of Coze, Cuir Venenum, Intrigant Patchouli, and L'Eau de Circé.

On the way home I bought a 1 oz Demeter (my first) in Apple Pie - I couldn't resist for $4.99. It's fun.

I guess I'm off to a running start this month =) Trying to convince myself to be patient, but I am tempted to place an order with a discount fragrance site or two. When the price of a decant approaches the price of a (discounted) bottle it is so hard to resist the bottle, and there are a few bottles I've had my eye on for over a year.

I bought a decant of Creed's Angelique Encens, love it so far ...warm, incensey and exotic, and my Mitsouko EDT arrived a few days ago minus the oakmoss )...but still oh so glorious.

An hour ago I bought Feminite de Bois by Shiseido after seeing comments on Basenotes. I had already tried it last week. I'm not wearing it today (Lux by Mona di Orio is today's choice) but will change this evening.

I bought Matthew Williamson EdP 50 ml today (on impulse )
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Still nothing as of March 6th :toppie: YAAAAY for me!

6 March 07
    Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Tutti Kiwi, it was a blind buy but I hope it is good (fingers crossed)
    Last edited by Coconut; 7th March 2007 at 05:52 AM.

5 decants of Serge Lutens arrived today; bought them from Gerald here on Basenotes: Un lys; Fl d'O; Tubereuse Crim.; A la Nuit; Mandarin.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    Still nothing as of March 6th :toppie: YAAAAY for me!
    Way to go, Tink! That's willpower!

I'm getting the itch again and was on the prowl on-line last night. Didn't buy anything... whew!

Yesterday, I went to get a "lipstick caddy" to hold and organize all my fragrance samples and decants. Was looking for a plastic one and was checking out the dollar store -- had to settle for a more expensive acrylic one at the specialty "storage" shop. It's nice though.

A bottle of Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau today .
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

I'm bad. So far this month I've bought Rykiel Rose, a YSL Paris Roses mini set, Givenchy Oblique Play, and CdP Matin Calin, plus some samples.

Somebody stop me before I hurt myself!

This weekend, hubby and I needed some fragrance shopping therapy!

We bought:

For him:
    Mémoire d'Homme by Nina Ricci
    Façonnable by Façonnable
    Caron Pour Un Homme by Caron
    Pure Vetiver by Azzaro

For me:
    Gardénia Passion by Annick Goutal
    Rumba by Balenciaga
    Nilang by Lalique
    Bandit by Robert Piguet
    Habanita by Molinard
    (I wish I knew if this is a fresh bottle or if this is what it's actually supposed to smell like LOL).

I accidentally posed this under the wrong month – must have been high from all the smellies LOL - so I just moved it over to March where it belongs

Salvador Dali

Well after promising to be good in March, I ordered a back up bottle of Parfum d'elle by Montana (I really love this one) and a bottle of Fleurs de Rocaille for my younger daughter, who loves it and was running out.

Not as bad as last month's binges and I have been staying away from the stores.

...Baldessarini Ambré, 50 mL EdT and deostick, to DH. He really liked it, but he doas not buy perfumes himself. He has said no for half a year to me buying him fumes, but this time I could talk him into letting me buy! Now he has got seven bottles in his little collection.

This one I might borrow from him! It is nice on my skin, too.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Aquolina Chocolovers. It's affordable and I love it. It's got a spicy chocolatey thing going on.

7 March 2007
    My parcel arrived today (it took them almost 3 weeks to deliver)~
    Madness by Chopard 50ml
    Ivoire de Balmain by Pierre Balmain 100ml
    Rive Gauche by YSL 50ml
    Byblos by Byblos 50ml (this is a long lost friend, I finished a bottle of this when I was 17)

Oh please help me god! I just did a calculation of what I have spent on the 1st quarter of 2007. I was shocked and feel very bad about my complusive addiction. The amount was astronomical! With that money, I could afford a return ticket and a few nights of average accommodation in Europe
    Last edited by Coconut; 7th March 2007 at 09:44 AM.

Decants! (20 from fragrantfripperies)

Annick Goutal - 1
    Caron - 5 (inc. a 1/2 oz. vile of Tabac Blond Pure Parfum)
    Fredric Malle - 2
    Guerlain - 4
    Lutens - 8
    These should keep me busy for a while. Now all I need is a little patience with the postman! Waiting.... still waiting...... mmmm...

Four decants from BN:er Gerald:
    Coromandel (Chanel)
    Mukki, Honeysuckle Grapefruit and Cucumber Baie (Fresh Index)

A new bottle of Fracas, 50 ml EdP
    Shalimar Light 50 ml
    Emeraude (Coty) 0,8 oz cologne
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

COLOR="Red"]Oh please help me god! I just did a calculation of what I have spent on the 1st quarter of 2007. I was shocked and feel very bad about my complusive addiction. The amount was astronomical! With that money, I could afford a return ticket and a few nights of average accommodation in Europe [/COLOR]
    Yes, but Coconut what would you have bought on your trip to Europe.........?
    So you see, in effect, you have actually SAVED yourself the cost of a trip to Europe!

I just bought a decant of Mitsouko extrait (modern), hoping I'll find something more in it than I did with the EDT -- is that nuts? I'm hoping it arrives in time for Guerlain hesperidic day.

Also have a decant of Vol de Nuit ETD on the way -- wish I could have found it in EDP, though -- crossing fingers that it's here for Saturday.

Basenotes Institution

Just bought decant of Jaisalmer by Comme de Garcons...LUV it. My plan is to own all 5 of the Incense Series by the end of 2007

Sacrebleu - Parfums de Nicolai...Blind

Hmmmm...not sure about this one yet....the jury is still out. It sure is potent! Reminds me of an 80's monster fragrance. After it dies down and the inscense makes an appearance it is quite nice mixed with creamy peach & berries. But boy...it could down an elephant in the first 5 minutes....Whoa!
    I'll have to give it a full wearing before I decide whether I like it or not....this impression came from a tiny spritz to the hand today....should I be scared??

I got a 100mL bottle of Montale's Intense Tiare from our very own Vijay. It's heavenly... gosh, I love this one... It was TOTALLY worth the investment.

Sacrebleu is a flock of gentle little lambs! Remember to take only one lamb out at a time, as three or four lambs together are difficult to manage.
    Baah, baaah, baaaaaaaah!

Unhappy Re: Today I bought ... (for March 2007)

my bottles of parfum d'elle and fleur de rocaille arrived today...i am delighted. Mybottles of fleur de weil also arrived, but miserably they were very leaky and more than half was gone...i am devastated and sprayed myself with my old bottle to console myself..sigh..the perils of loving fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    Sacrebleu is a flock of gentle little lambs! Remember to take only one lamb out at a time, as three or four lambs together are difficult to manage.
    Baah, baaah, baaaaaaaah!
    One lamb at a time. Gotchya.

I'm thinkin...it's more of a wolf in sheeps clothing, though...or maybe a sheep in wolf's clothing would be more accurate.

I dunno....Very cute lamb immitaion, though! tee hee

With Guerlain week starting (tomorrow morning in my time zone) I couldn't resist... I picked up Jicky EDT on my way home.

I have and sometimes enjoy the parfum, but for me it didn't replace the EDT I first fell for. I justified it with Guerlain week, the couple of years I've craved it, and that it isn't readily available cheaper online.

Sprayed some on my calf when I got home, and I do still love it.

Blog Entries

Montale; Patchouli Leaves. I've been threatening to do this for sometime. No one was there to stop me so there you have it. I hope you're all happy! ( I know I will be).

Bought a bottle of Demeter Rain today, a little sweet but should help with my everlasting winter melancholy. A real impulsive buy and I must admit I was hooked by that 4.99 price tag.

Big blow out net shopping! I bought Aquolina Pink Sugar ( my teenage daughters love it), JP Gaultier Gaultier2, Molinard Habanita, Balenciaga Cristobal, Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Abricot and Lolita Lempicka Men. I'm still waiting on my Nanadeberry Classic that is back ordered!

SL Miel de Bois and Creed Royal English Leather today.

I keep being tempted by Laura Mercier Marron Glaces and that naughty scent, Bandit, as well. I think they'll find their way into my wardrobe before too long.

Wink Re: Today I bought ... (for March 2007)

I bought something...in my head. I have asked my husband of 1 month to buy me Coromandel, he leaves for France tomorrow... Not sure he knows what he's in for.