Code of Conduct

Default Oscar de la Renta - replacement?

I've just received my two bottles of Oscar de la Renta - imported from the U.S. because it's been discontinued here in South Africa :-(

Can anyone recommend a replacement for this one, or is it indeed unique?

Despite some of the so-so reviews here, I love the stuff . . . the bright blast of grapfruit/lemon sherbet, balanced by a strong peppery note . . . the strong "pencil shaving"/nutmeg drydown . . . I've had numerous compliments on the stuff, too.

I went hunting for a replacement some months back when I learned that it had been discontinued, but despite making myself practically ill sampling everything available, I didn't discover anything close. It's really become my summer signature.

So - any alternatives (that I can actually obtain!)? Or am I doomed to import this until they decide to discontinue it (becoming paranoid now, I guess!)
    Last edited by ryanm; 2nd March 2007 at 11:00 AM.

Default Re: Oscar de la Renta - replacement?

I also love this stuff and would like to know of similar frags..

I did have Boss spirit years ago and im thinking that it was similar.. Not sure though!!

Eau Sauvage, Néroli Sauvage, Eau Dynamisante, Fraîche Badiane, Aubépine-Acacia, Ô de Lancôme . . . all more or less fall into that same "crisp, fresh, citrusy" school as the new Oscar. Many lack the cedar note present in the new Oscar, yes, but that could be easily taken care of with a drop or two of inexpensive cedar oil applied to your pulse points prior to spritzing.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 2nd October 2007 at 01:32 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Which one are you talking about, the original in the blue bottle, or the new one in the yellow bottle?
    Ce message provient du Québec!

He's talking about the yellow box, frosted bottle. The old stuff (Pour Lui) is in a cobalt bottle, and has a very different composition.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 2nd October 2007 at 01:34 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]