Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Creed price rise UK

Creed edts are now £70 for 75 ml instead of £60. A price rise of 17%. Good thing there are lots of cheap genuine ones on-line at the moment eh?

Not sure what the dept. store price for the millesimes is now?
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Creed price rise UK

70 pounds = $136, which is still far less than the average price of $185 for 2.5 Oz in the US.

Despite the high prices, 4.0 Oz Creed bottles have been flying off the shelves at Saks and Neiman-Marcus, with Virgin Islands Water being the latest hit. I read in an article that Chanel took notice of the fact that Creed was able to move 4.0 Oz bottles, and thus decided to launch the new exclusives in large size bottles.
    -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    70 pounds = $136, which is still far less than the average price of $185 for 2.5 Oz in the US.

Despite the high prices, 4.0 Oz Creed bottles have been flying off the shelves at Saks and Neiman-Marcus, with Virgin Islands Water being the latest hit. I read in an article that Chanel took notice of the fact that Creed was able to move 4.0 Oz bottles, and thus decided to launch the new exclusives in large size bottles.
    thats the edts? or the millesimes z?
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    thats the edts? or the millesimes z?
    Ah, the EDTs are $110 for 2.5 Oz in the US. Man I hate this EDP/EDT/EDC/Parfum/Extrait/ bs.
    -

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, the EDTs are $110 for 2.5 Oz in the US. Man I hate this EDP/EDT/EDC/Parfum/Extrait/ bs.
    so you get them for less, even at the old price point for the uk. sowhatchaallbitchinabout? .

still- as I said there are lots of good ones on ebay right now.

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Man I hate this EDP/EDT/EDC/Parfum/Extrait/ bs.
    It isn't BS, they are all different strengths.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry
    It isn't BS, they are all different strengths.
    Well the Creed situation isnt that bad. But in some of the other houses, you have the original fragrance: lets say, "Vetiver". Its original concentration is EDC. The house then releases the EDT and EDP versions. They then decide to release some spin offs - summer, sport and light versions. A few years later, they might want to release the parfum version of the original "Vetiver". The sporty version might be a hit, and then they would want to launch an EDP version of it. Its like a combinatorial explosion, in the worst of cases. I am a proponent of one standard concentration (lets say, the EDP, which is the most balanced), especially considering how many fragrance launches we have nowadays.
    -

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet if the bean counters and the creatives who can't create get a hold of the idea that everyone wants an edp the industry would redefine edp strength.

from wikipedia
    * Perfume extract (extrait?): 20%-40% aromatic compounds
    * Eau de parfum: 10-30% aromatic compounds
    * Eau de toilette: 5-20% aromatic compounds
    * Eau de cologne: 2-5% aromatic compounds

I notice an awful lot of latitude in the edp strength already.

Prices are rising here also. I see a 10% jump over on aedes on Serge Lutens. Luckyscent is charging more or the bottle gets smaller, sometimes by 50% Andy.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the Creed situation isnt that bad. But in some of the other houses, you have the original fragrance: lets say, "Vetiver". Its original concentration is EDC. The house then releases the EDT and EDP versions. They then decide to release some spin offs - summer, sport and light versions. A few years later, they might want to release the parfum version of the original "Vetiver". The sporty version might be a hit, and then they would want to launch an EDP version of it. Its like a combinatorial explosion, in the worst of cases. I am a proponent of one standard concentration (lets say, the EDP, which is the most balanced), especially considering how many fragrance launches we have nowadays.
    If Eau de fleurs de Cedrat was EDP strength, the acid would burn through your arm and possibly the floor underneath it (alien style). Different strengths are necessary for different materials.

reviews

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I haven't been following it...but has the Pound Sterling become inflated in the past few years and a weakening it's relative value toward other major currency issues a factor in the price rise of Creeds (and other goods in that case)?
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbe
    I haven't been following it...but has the Pound Sterling become inflated in the past few years and a weakening it's relative value toward other major currency issues a factor in the price rise of Creeds (and other goods in that case)?
    Currently you get a lot of dollars for your pound which is good for brits buying from america and american companies selling their goods here. Creeds are produced in france, in the euro-zone and the exchange has not significantly changed recently. They have just hiked their prices to increase profit and the illusion of "exclusivity".

reviews