Code of Conduct

Default SotD Sunday 4 March

Jicky for me

Have a superb Sunday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Sunday 4 March

So far I'm wearing Pure Poison.

A very lazy sunday for me... I pulled out all my decants and samples and decide to test a few.
    Midnight: Himalaya and then switched to Michael Kors, Michael for Man
    AM: Burberry, Brit Red
    Late AM: Mona di Orio, LUX (thanks musse)
    Lunch: (nothing)
    Afternoon: CK One Scene

I think my nose has done enough testing for today... but my brain was telling me to continue with it...

Smile Re: SotD Sunday 4 March

In honor of the spectacular lunar eclipse last night/this morning, I'm wearing HM's Magical Moon!

Marc Jacobs Amber

Light delicious amber now spring is almost here. And the esteemed Mr. Jacobs had the bright idea to release this in 300 ml. bottles
    How I love a man that reads my mind.

to lovely LIB for introducing me to this.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Arcus - Amouage
    Wishlist is pointless.

i didn't wear any scent today - my SotD/SnS from yesterday (Aromatics Elixir) ended up giving me a migrane! And, what's worse, it wouldn't wash off!!! I can still smell the drydown on my wrists, and I applied it over 24 hours ago - and have tried to wash it off over a dozen times!!!
    Anyway, I shouldn't be on the computer with this migrane...couldn't resist coming in and reading what everyone else tried for Chypre day though :P

I wear Bois des Iles today.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

PATOU POUR HOMME PRIVÉ

One of the best fougères (or men's fragrances in general) ever made. I prefer it to Patou Pour Homme but Sublime EDP (Patou) beats 'em both.

I'm in cabochard today

Testing SL Arabie today. I feel as though I've just inhaled the spice rack!

Indiscreet: that's exactly how I felt when I tested it earlier this week!

Serge Lutens GRIS CLAIR
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Decided on another chypre. Melodrama.
    DONNA

Wearing Anglomania today. My poochies are avoiding me, seems like there is something here that they don't like. I'm catching the beginnings of a cold, so it's tough for me to sniff right now.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Chanel Gardenia--wearing it as a result of sorting all my frags and samples: use, swap, or give things away. I like this Chanel more than I remembered.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Dependent

Guerlain's Vetiver Glacee

In an opoponax kind of mood today, wearing two!

Les Nerides Imperial Opoponax

notes:
    opoponax (sweet myrrh), amber, vanilla, sandalwood, benzoin, citrus

And our own Annette Neuffer's Avicenna

Notes taken from her site:

Head: Black Pepper, Cinnamon Bark, Cardamom, Ginger, Macis, Mandarin, Bergamot, Tunisian Neroli
    Heart: Saffron Absolute, Tunisian Orange Blossom absolute, Turkish and Bulgarian Rose Otto and absolute, Moroccan Rose Absolute, Russian Rose Absolute, Jasminum Grandiflorum Egypt, Acacia Farnesiana, Indian Tuberose, Broom Absolute
    Base: Beeswax Absolute Supérieur, Opoponax, Elemi, Labdanum, Benzoin, Vanilla Absolute, Mysore Sandalwood, Copaiva Balsam, Hibiscus Abelmoschus.

Very different takes on the theme, but I smell GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
    Last edited by ComDiva; 4th March 2007 at 03:20 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Oscar today, in honor of my late step-mother's birthday. Oscar was her signature scent. It doesn't get talked about much on BN. Here are the notes from the osMoz site:

Top note : Peach, Galbanum, Gardenia, Bergamot
    Middle note : Rose, Honey, Orris, Cyclamen
    Base note : Cedar, Sandal, Moss, Benzoin
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Today is my birthday and I am wearing Chanel no 19 over Weleda's Wild Rose body oil.
    I love the seamless sheer quality that this Chanel has. Revisiting my seventies love.

Happy day, all. Sunny here in NJ after that cool lunar eclipse last night.

(shades, happy birthday to your late step mom. Oscar is a beautiful fragrance. I can no longer wear it well, but I love it and notice it on others.)
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Based soley on it's name, had invested nine whole dollars (or was it ten?) in a bottle of Azarro Pure Cedrat at Marshall's, not knowing what was in it (although the ingredients are plainly listed on the box) hoping it would qualify for SnS yesterday. According to Osmoz technically (!!) it does not (:wave: LIB!!!) (Clary sage, neroli, litsea cubeba, mandarin at the top. In the middle, jasmine d'eau and calone; at the bottom dardamom, ginger, lichen and patchouli.

But I tell you, it started out like sucking a tangerine on a quick visit to the piney woods, coming upon a neglected but fully blooming flower bed and settling into a downy duvet impregnated with the flowers and an ambery (!) sachet. :bounce:

I am going right back upstairs and spraying this beauty all over! "Guys frag" indeed!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Wearing Jean Couturier Lilas Mauve. Happy Birthday to rtamara, please enjoy your day and treat yourself to something smelling nice!

Starting my day in L'Heure Bleue

I'm sampling Miller Harris, Fleur Oriental now.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

I'm wearing Baghari by Robert Piguet on this chilly March Sunday.

I purchased this as a blind buy ("bad kitty!" ) and I'm relieved that I like it alot. It is a very soft floral with the rose dominating, but the vetiver keeps it from becoming too "ruffles and lace".

According to osMoz:

Top note : Bergamot, Violet, Neroli, Aldehydes

Middle note : Centifolia Rose, Damascus Rose, Jasmine, Orange Blossom

Base note : Vetiver, Iris, Vanilla, Amber, Musk

Tendenza for her (van Gils).

Happy Birthday, rtamara!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Youth Dew--the dark juice full of cinnamon, balsam, and patchouli, and an undercurrent of melded florals and orange.

Default Re: SotD Sunday 5 March

Coco Mademoiselle

Malin + Goetz Dark Rum Candle

I'm experimenting with samples today:

Ange au Demon by Givenchy: can't smell lillies or any other floral. This is just a chemical factory on me - no thanks

Eau de Cartier Concentree : dries down pleasantly enough, like an old fashioned aftershave. Nothing offensive and nothing remarkable. Not for me.

En Sens de Bois by Miller Harris: Dries down nicely but not sensuous as described. No character. Rather unremarkable.

Cuir d'Oranger by Miller Harris: my goodness, what a gorgeous fragrance! Utterly divine, seductive, addictive leather. This will be a regular from now on. I can't wait to smell this on a man.

And a happy birthday to rtamara.

Vol de Nuit for me today.

Cool Re: SotD Sunday 4 March

Still feel a little funky from the end period of my cold, so I went with the familiar & comfortable for me, Kenzo Jungle.

My SotE is Boucheron Trouble.I adore this! And happy birthday to Rtamara.Hope you have a wonderful day

Uh-oh, you are witnessing a case of trans-border fragrance telepathy...almost creepy! But when magic is at work...:wave: Riannon!
    I wore Marc Jacobs Amber today.

After the shower, I changed to Guet-Apens.
    Have a lovely Sunday evening!
    --------------------------------------
    Rtamara, dearest! Happy birthday to a beautiful Pisces girl
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 4th March 2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Blog Entries

The Different Co. Jasmine De Nuit-- Fresh spring air and flowers.

Rose Barbare by Guerlain

I'm with purplebird7 - Youth Dew for me too. I'm in orient heaven! Yummm..

A big "Happy Birthday" to rtamara41. Have a great day!

Happy Birthday, rtamara41!!!

SotD: Coco by Chanel.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Happy Birthday to rtamara41!

Trying Gucci edp again. Don't know if I like it as much as I did yesterday. Getting major bubblegum notes, less of the soft spices today.

Happy Birthday rtamara41!! &

It was a day in No 5 (Thank you Musse!) and then Balenciaga's Michelle (Thank you ravenrose!)

Nirmala EDT from Molinard's Les Feminines line...

Talking Re: SotD Sunday 4 March

Thank you for the birthday wishes - Counting blessings today - I had a wonderful family filled day, to the park this morning with my boys and my hunny for a walk around the lake and some ball throwing...and a solitary shopping trip which was therapeutic. Finally sniffed Paloma Picasso... I like it but find it reminds me instantly of a cross between Coco and Opium - so its not on my must have list quite yet. Totally loved my Chanel no 19 day.
    Discovered that one of my armpits smells just like Kingdom - will save some money there, too! hee hee hee!
    Like I said, counting my blessings!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Happy B-Day Rtamara !!!! Best wishes

I'm wearing Mouboussin today - I missed the chypre day yesterday so I'm making up for it today...

Top notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Plum
    Middle notes: White peach, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Rose
    Base notes: Amber, Patchouli, Sandal, Vanilla

DH is wearing L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme

Top notes: Lemon, Bergamot, Badian Crystals, Pepper, Elemi
    Middle notes: Indian Jasmine Petal, Mysore Sandalwood, Lapsang Tea, Bitter Cocoa Bean
    Base notes: Hibiscus Seeds, Patchouli

--------------------------------------

For the evening I've changed into something NEW .
    Today my hubby bought me a bottle of Bandit and now I'm wearing it layered over a touch of TBS Vanilla oil .

I smell delicious and sexy!!!
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 5th March 2007 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Polo Sport for Men
    Gary

Feeling like a complete moron, not noticing that it was Rtamara's birthday

Happy Birthday dear,
    And may you have many years of writing great stories before you.

::seems I really need glasses. This is embarrassing::
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

thanks again for the birthday wishes. it's fun to celebrate a birthday with such a sweet smelling and good hearted group!