Code of Conduct

Default Kiton or Hugh Parsons 99 Regent Street?

I have never smelled either of these two frags. In the reviews I have read, both seem to give a nod to Green Irish Tweed. In what way though?
    I hear that Kiton has a mossy element, where HP 99 Regent Street is more floral in the heart. I am going to Dallas March 30 and will check these two out at Nordstrom when I get there, but for now, does anyone have any feedback they would like to share in regards to these two?

Default Re: Kiton or Hugh Parsons 99 Regent Street?

To me Kiton is good, but more linear and simple than 99 Regent Street.

Kiton has some GIT similarities (although vague and superficial) and not nearly as good. While 99 Regent Street doesn't really smell like any particular Creed, it smells like it could be a Creed fragrence (did that make sense?).

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Kiton is totally underrated. Beautiful and simple. Refined. Straightforward. I have never regretted wearing that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V
    Kiton is totally underrated. Beautiful and simple. Refined. Straightforward. I have never regretted wearing that one.
    Ditto. But you left out "Classy".
    Renato

To me Regent St. is just Kiton EdP

Yes,Renato is right.It is a very classy fragrance.I wish i had found this scent earlier.I cannot be without it.

Well, Nicholas and Frank, welcome to the small, yet very devoted, group who think Kiton is something extra special.

Ever since I joined Basenotes so many years ago, this group has existed. I recollect that the famous (infamous?) Ali who occasionally still puts in an appearance here was also a great Kiton fan.

Whenever I see someone saying Kiton is nothing special, I shake my head, and feel regret for the obviously poor state of their olfactory system, and hope they can recover soon.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_with_scents
    I have read, both seem to give a nod to Green Irish Tweed. In what way though?
    I think Kiton is everything GIT wishes it could be. Yes, the moss note is pronounced in the top notes through base, but it is considerably more than that. It is extreemly refined and perfectly balanced. I detect black pepper within the moss and near shore sea air surrounding the moss notes.

Smile Re: Kiton or Hugh Parsons 99 Regent Street?

Let me just split the difference and say that I love both Kiton and Hugh Parsons; that they are different enough; and that it would be no over indulgence (or maybe it would, and wouldn't that be great!) to have both.

Joe
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 2nd March 2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: grammar correction.

I'm actually wearing 99 RS today, and I would probably wear Kiton 8 out of 10 time if I had to pick. While 99 RS is refined, I find it lacking something that I get with Kiton in feel. It's also much more subdued. Kiton has actually moved into the top amongst my favorites. It's so nice, refined, and modern, while never being out of place. But both are stellar scents.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I used to wear Kiton a lot and still love it, but I also love 99 Regent Street. For me, the latter is a more unusual scent, perhaps only because I got to know it more recently. They both have their charms. I would say any smelly guy should have both!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

After my first full wearing, I have ordered a bottle of Kiton. It is wonderful. Love the mossy vibe. I will wear this ALOT to work. Thanks to Cuyahoga Joe. He turned me on to this one. I have always liked parts of GIT but not the sharpness. I have found the balance I need.

I am going to try Hugh Parsons 99 Regent Street when I visit Dallas later this month.

I am officially a Kiton fan!

barry
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 7th March 2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost