Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Silver Mountain Water or GIT?

It's really difficult to say who would like what, but in my opinion SMW is probably going to be more liked by the females and males leaning a little to the fem side. GIT seems to be more of a manly traditional smelling cologne.

David Bowie, David Beckham & Ricky Martin are fans of SMW, while Client Eastwood, George Clooney and Robert Redford are fans of GIT.

Looking at your current collection, I'd think you'll like SMW more, its not like but along the lines of CK one to give you some idea, and GIT is very close to Cool Water.

I'd advise buying two 10ml decants, one of each and test them before buying. I'm not too sure about the Creed buying thing on Ebay, but there are threads and info on that if you search. I was unlucky and got a bad bottle of SMW, the topnotes were sour and it finally dried down to something that smelt like my sample I had before.

Good Luck

This whole thread is a complete disaster. Look...why not just go to the Basenotes sales forum and buy a decant of each for like $12 a pop? This is absurd... if you buy from Ebay I can almost assure a thread a week later asking us if it's fake. The point is that it's going to be a mess. Just hold your horses, get in the mood to be patient, and try these scents before just rushing on here and asking a question that is really tough to answer such as whether this particular high school guy who likes Rochas Man will like GIT or SMW more on you in a cool spring day in Seattle.
    As for the scents, SMW is has a perfumey quality about it that gets really cloying after a while. Every time after I don't wear it for a while I like it at first but then I quickly remember why I hate it. SMW lasts and projects well.
    GIT is really grassy but also has this artificial nature to it that I strongly dislike. On my skin GIT has slightly below average, though certainly not bad, sillage and longevity.

Get SMW. GIT smells cheap and generic to me.

I will second "786hoodas"....

I have had numerous Creed samples from this Ebay seller

Quote Originally Posted by thisbekevinn
    Ehh I know I'm going to buy both of them in the end but what one to buy first? Which one is good for a chilly yet sunny Seattle spring weather? There both around $40-$60 each so I'll most likely end up getting both of them.
    I think SMW would be great for that kind of weather. Btw, the last time I wore SMW, a man leaned over to have a good sniff while in the lift.. pretty freaky lol

Haha I decided I'll get SMW first, sounds perfect for me and I don't really enjoy those manly scents that much.

Hope I get a good bottle!
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    This whole thread is a complete disaster. Look...why not just go to the Basenotes sales forum and buy a decant of each for like $12 a pop? This is absurd... if you buy from Ebay I can almost assure a thread a week later asking us if it's fake. The point is that it's going to be a mess. Just hold your horses, get in the mood to be patient, and try these scents before just rushing on here and asking a question that is really tough to answer such as whether this particular high school guy who likes Rochas Man will like GIT or SMW more on you in a cool spring day in Seattle.
    As for the scents, SMW is has a perfumey quality about it that gets really cloying after a while. Every time after I don't wear it for a while I like it at first but then I quickly remember why I hate it. SMW lasts and projects well.
    GIT is really grassy but also has this artificial nature to it that I strongly dislike. On my skin GIT has slightly below average, though certainly not bad, sillage and longevity.
    I concur!