Code of Conduct

Default Silver Mountain Water or GIT?

I want the one that will TURN HEADS and have people be like "YOU SMELL GOOD WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?!?!" The one where people stop just to smell you and will hug you longer to smell your scent for a extra few seconds. That is what I'm looking for in a scent and I'm choosing between Silver Mountain Water or Green Irish Tweed. I also want the one with more longness and sillage, and have guys enjoy it more than girls to get guy's attention.

Also is labellecamera a good seller on ebay? She has many GIT and SMW on auction for a good price, she also has a lot of other men's fragrance on the discount too.
    Last edited by thisbekevinn; 5th March 2007 at 01:03 AM.
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Default Re: Silver Mountain Water

YES! Great silage and lasts forever on me! Yumsters!

Quote Originally Posted by CoL
    YES! Great silage and lasts forever on me! Yumsters!

Sounds good CoL! Is this good for a 15 year in highschool, good for spring/summer?
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

I would sample this creed first... Im glad i did as it did smell awful on me.. There are better ones in my opinion..

As for longevity.. Quite good.. But i wanted to wash it off

TEST FIRST!!!
    Last edited by deck89; 4th March 2007 at 09:21 PM.

Great for spring/summer and I don't think age matters with scent to be honest. Even the "oldest" smelling scent can be good on a young person. I feel its all about association.

Have you smelled MI? If you like MI, you'll like SMW. I find both to be cloyingly sweet, but that could just be my skin. Many sweet scents don't agree with me.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Talking Re: Silver Mountain Water

Quote Originally Posted by deck89
    I would sample this creed first... Im glad i did as it did smell awful on me.. There are better ones.. such as HIMALAYA or GIT
    As much as I love (and own) Himalaya, I find it very similar to Paco Rabanne XS PH. Very nice still. GIT is also very similar to Cool Water. SMW is similar to, well nothing I've tried as yet!

I say try the shower gel first - intoxicatingly refreshing and an accurate rendition of the EDP ! The translucent shower gel bottle looks great as well with a hefty classic Creed style cap !

You can get some on ebay from creedirect (2 for $25!!), which is fantastic value for money !
    -

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    Have you smelled MI? If you like MI, you'll like SMW. I find both to be cloyingly sweet, but that could just be my skin. Many sweet scents don't agree with me.

I love sweet scents but not like fantasy sweet but like Princess Vera Wang/Rochas Man sweet, powerdery kind off. I've smelt MI briefly and the guy sprayed it on the card wierd, he sprayed it in the air and then after a few seconds waved the card in the air and I could hardly smell anything. But the little bit of MI I smelt I liked.

What has better sillage and longtivity, GIT or SMW? There both pretty cheap on eBay and I'll buy either one. I own Himalaya from Creed and it I have to say Creed projects ALWAYS gets the compliments and lasts longer than anything else I have. So GIT or SMW?? I want the one that will TURN HEADS and have people be like "YOU SMELL GOOD WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?!?!" The one where people stop just to smell you and will hug you longer to smell your scent for a extra few seconds. <-- Is that SMW or GIT? I own Cool Water and it sucks... (NOT THE SCENT, but the sillage and etc.)
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Quote Originally Posted by thisbekevinn
    .... GIT or SMW? There both pretty cheap on eBay and I'll buy either one.
    I would avoid buying these on Ebay - there are just too many "fakes" there.

You dont know what the real stuff smell likes, and if you are disappointed, you might come back here with a "I was conned on Ebay!" thread. Instead, I would recommend you buy from one of the reputed online etailers, or go retail.

On Ebay, I only trust "786hoodas" for Creed samples and decants, and "creedirect" for creed frags. But if you already have good experience with other ebay sellers, thats fine - just be wary.
    -

I've bought all my Creed off eBay and they have been great! Just make sure its a decent seller. I still think this fake Creed thing is over hyped but thats just my opinion. Creedirect on eBay are genuine as they are Bond no9 selling off their Creed stock.

Blog Entries

I really want to get another bottle of SMW. One time when I was wearing it a gal that I was talking to went all bleary-eyed as I was telling her a story. I thought I was boring her, but instead she said my frag was turning her on .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

SMW cheap @scentiments.com

SMW is a quality fragrance. I personally don't like MI at all, but SMW is provacative, interesting, and great smelling. Whenever a certain girl smells it on me, she cannot stop complimenting me. Try scentiments.com.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I love sweet scents but not like fantasy sweet but like Princess Vera Wang/Rochas Man sweet, powerdery kind off. I've smelt MI briefly and the guy sprayed it on the card wierd, he sprayed it in the air and then after a few seconds waved the card in the air and I could hardly smell anything. But the little bit of MI I smelt I liked.
    Don't you HATE it when they do that? The guy did the same thing when I was sampling frags for my gf's b-day. When I suggested that he actually spray the card, he gave me some BS about how that ruins the scent's quality and refused. Ugh...but that rant is for another thread and another time.

Anyway, to address your question, I would choose GIT, no question. It's just a sharper, more head-turning (if that is what you're after), more refined smelling creation IMO. Its Cool Water resemblance is in the fleeting top note opening only. SMW, on the other hand, is just not Creed quality to me. Some compare it to Bugari's Au the Vert, a frag which isn't so sweet and which I enjoy much more. If you can, go sniff that to get an idea what SMW is like.

ps SMW and MI are not powdery sweet, which you say you like. They are sugary fruit sweet (especially SMW). I'm not telling you not to get it. These are just my observations. I'm just saying TEST IT.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 4th March 2007 at 10:46 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Silver Mountain Water is my favorite. I love it, young women love it, older women love it, men wanna know what it is so they can get it. It's not sweet on me though. 3 or 4 hours into it I think that I smell like a grapefruit with warm tea in the background, later on I think it begins to smell a little sweet, but that grapefruit smell it still there. You won't be dissapointed, when you think that it's gone, people can still smell you. I don't have to reapply with this. It lasts the whole day.

I would say test it first. Buy a sample off e-bay or maybe a generous basenoter will send you small vile!
    I traded for this blind and i was rather put off by it.
    I would like to dump my bottle..so any Canadians out there
    I would just say becareful and sample it first rather than blowing your wad!!!
    Best to you!

out of GIT and SMW which is the one that get's the GUYS to ask you, "Hey what are you wearing, or you smell good."
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

I bought a sample of SMW, and it smells terrible on me. I smelled like I was drunk, if that makes sense! My girlfriend agreed. Definetly a no go.

If you decide to go with SMW i have a bottle of it I'd be willing to part with for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by madvillain
    If you decide to go with SMW i have a bottle of it I'd be willing to part with for a good price.

Please PM me, I may be intetested.
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Blog Entries

out of GIT and SMW which is the one that get's the GUYS to ask you, "Hey what are you wearing, or you smell good."
    SMW, no question. Not that GIT is a bad fragrance at all, but youngsters will assume it's Cool Water.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    SMW, no question. Not that GIT is a bad fragrance at all, but youngsters will assume it's Cool Water.

Most of us don't know what Cool Water is, a few do and they say Oh my dad has that! But most of us can't even tell the difference between Chanel and Sarah Jessica Parker.

The only fragracnes high schoolers know is like Abercrombie, Hollister, Curve, and Paris Hilton.

but I want the fragrance that will catch a GUY's attention if you know what I mean
    Last edited by thisbekevinn; 5th March 2007 at 12:55 AM.
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Default Re: Silver Mountain Water or GIT?

but I want the fragrance that will catch a GUY's attention if you know what I mean
    I think that would depend on the guy that's smelling you. If I were smelling you, GIT would catch my attention. If CoL smelled you, I suspect SMW would catch his attention. And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    I think that would depend on the guy that's smelling you. If I were smelling you, GIT would catch my attention. If CoL smelled you, I suspect SMW would catch his attention. And so on.

Hmm, it's a certain someone and they seem to REALLY enjoy my Rochas Man. Based on that, which one will do?
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Hmm, it's a certain someone and they seem to REALLY enjoy my Rochas Man. Based on that, which one will do?
    Rochas man = gourmand frag

SMW is more gourmand than GIT, although neither is a real gourmand fragrance.

Hope that helps - good luck and tell us how it goes.
    -

Looking at your wardrobe, I'm noticing that it's very heavy on the fresh frags. If this guy likes Rochas Man and you do too, and you want to explore new fragrance territory based on this, you're in the wrong department entirely with these two Creeds.

Nothing against the Creeds you're after, but try looking into a few of the following as well (in order of what I like best):

Dior Homme
    Bulgari Black
    YSL Body Kouros
    Chanel Egoiste/Allure
    Malle's Musc Ravageur
    Bond no 9 New Haarlem
    Burberry Brit
    Bucheron Jiapur
    Givenchy Pi
    A-Men
    Hanae Mori

These are all sweeter, and most of them are quite powdery and smooth. I belive you'd like them. New Haarlem in particulary smells a LOT like Rochas Man. There are many many others in the category that I did not mention. I hope this helps you. Test away!
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 5th March 2007 at 03:06 AM.

I had a hard time deciding between the two. Bought both in the end because both of them are just so good!
    SMW smells "beautiful". But it takes a while to fully appreciate it.
    GIT does the job instantly. And it has lots of depth. The more you smell it, the better it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    I had a hard time deciding between the two. Bought both in the end because both of them are just so good!
    SMW smells "beautiful". But it takes a while to fully appreciate it.
    GIT does the job instantly. And it has lots of depth. The more you smell it, the better it gets.
    Ehh I know I'm going to buy both of them in the end but what one to buy first? Which one is good for a chilly yet sunny Seattle spring weather? There both around $40-$60 each so I'll most likely end up getting both of them.

LiveJazz thanks for the tip, I have a pretty large decant of A*men, samples of Hanae Mori, and a bottle of Brit (bros but I use it sometimes) that I'll try out again.

Also the Brit soothingbalm+Rochas man=10+ hours of some strong sillage!!
    --------------------------------------
    I ended up winning SMW on eBay for $39 + $8.99 shipping, it's a 4.0oz and new in box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7667&rd=1&rd=1

There's the link, does this stuff look real?
    Last edited by thisbekevinn; 5th March 2007 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Well, I'm not too worried about the authenticity, considering the number of sales the seller has. BUT the cap looks a bit scratched, leading me to believe that perhaps the bottle is more than a few years old. I've heard some distrubing stories about SMW going bad very quickly and very dramatically, but I have no experience with this personally. Hopefully this one was stored well.

It's really difficult to say who would like what, but in my opinion SMW is probably going to be more liked by the females and males leaning a little to the fem side. GIT seems to be more of a manly traditional smelling cologne.

David Bowie, David Beckham & Ricky Martin are fans of SMW, while Client Eastwood, George Clooney and Robert Redford are fans of GIT.

Looking at your current collection, I'd think you'll like SMW more, its not like but along the lines of CK one to give you some idea, and GIT is very close to Cool Water.

I'd advise buying two 10ml decants, one of each and test them before buying. I'm not too sure about the Creed buying thing on Ebay, but there are threads and info on that if you search. I was unlucky and got a bad bottle of SMW, the topnotes were sour and it finally dried down to something that smelt like my sample I had before.

Good Luck

This whole thread is a complete disaster. Look...why not just go to the Basenotes sales forum and buy a decant of each for like $12 a pop? This is absurd... if you buy from Ebay I can almost assure a thread a week later asking us if it's fake. The point is that it's going to be a mess. Just hold your horses, get in the mood to be patient, and try these scents before just rushing on here and asking a question that is really tough to answer such as whether this particular high school guy who likes Rochas Man will like GIT or SMW more on you in a cool spring day in Seattle.
    As for the scents, SMW is has a perfumey quality about it that gets really cloying after a while. Every time after I don't wear it for a while I like it at first but then I quickly remember why I hate it. SMW lasts and projects well.
    GIT is really grassy but also has this artificial nature to it that I strongly dislike. On my skin GIT has slightly below average, though certainly not bad, sillage and longevity.

Get SMW. GIT smells cheap and generic to me.

I will second "786hoodas"....

I have had numerous Creed samples from this Ebay seller

Ehh I know I'm going to buy both of them in the end but what one to buy first? Which one is good for a chilly yet sunny Seattle spring weather? There both around $40-$60 each so I'll most likely end up getting both of them.
    I think SMW would be great for that kind of weather. Btw, the last time I wore SMW, a man leaned over to have a good sniff while in the lift.. pretty freaky lol

Haha I decided I'll get SMW first, sounds perfect for me and I don't really enjoy those manly scents that much.

Hope I get a good bottle!
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    This whole thread is a complete disaster. Look...why not just go to the Basenotes sales forum and buy a decant of each for like $12 a pop? This is absurd... if you buy from Ebay I can almost assure a thread a week later asking us if it's fake. The point is that it's going to be a mess. Just hold your horses, get in the mood to be patient, and try these scents before just rushing on here and asking a question that is really tough to answer such as whether this particular high school guy who likes Rochas Man will like GIT or SMW more on you in a cool spring day in Seattle.
    As for the scents, SMW is has a perfumey quality about it that gets really cloying after a while. Every time after I don't wear it for a while I like it at first but then I quickly remember why I hate it. SMW lasts and projects well.
    GIT is really grassy but also has this artificial nature to it that I strongly dislike. On my skin GIT has slightly below average, though certainly not bad, sillage and longevity.
    I concur!