Code of Conduct

Exclamation help!: etat libre d'orange

I really want to buy some of that stuff via internet, but I need some advice. Did you smell something from them?
    Any good/really bad?
    I heard controversial profiles about the perfumes. Are they all unisex. Please recommend some
    Ta
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help!: etat libre d'orange

I would NOT blind buy anything from this line - and a few Ebay retailers are selling decants of the line. Most of the reviews I've heard are negative...I am SO not interested in spending my hard earned $ on this line right now, when there's so many other interesting & lauded scents out now.

But, also, you know what they say 'different strokes, for different folks'...

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

They're indeed discussed controversially, and I personally find their marketing concept (strange names, big philosophy) somewhat annoying, too. There are so many apparently uber-creative "niche houses" these days, and in many cases their creativity confines to weird marketing ideas, while the perfumery skills seem to be quite poor.

But I was very positively surprised by the ELDO line. There are some well-composed and interesting fragrances in this line. Jasmin et Cigarette (jasmine, tobacco, musk), Rien (Leather, cedarwood) et Vierges et Toreros (tuberose, woods) are my favourites. Wearable, unique, very good longevity. Not too complex, but refined in their own way. Putain des Palaces and Vraie Blonde are also interesting, but leaning more on the feminine side. Eloge du Traitre is a deep, quite heavy cedar - moss conoction (very similar to Mazzolari); good, but not too original. Didn't care for Nombril Immense (patchouli) and Antihero (lavender and woods) and couldn't stand Secretion Magnifiques.

They develop extremely different on different skins, so you should test it before buying blind. I don't know if Etat Libre already offers samples on their website (where you can order full bottles: www.etatlibredorange.com), but there are several online stores (www.first-in-fragrance.com; www.suendhaft.com) where you can buy samples.

Exclamation Re: help!: etat libre d'orange

So as I saw basicly the most appeling fregarnces would be jasmin et cigarretes, vierges et toreros, i fell atracted to the tuberose one but donīt you think could be little feminine?
    What about the nombril inmmense?

Post Thanks / Like

Vierges et Toreros is marketed as a "tuberose fragrance for men" and it is indeed quite masculine in a classic sense, because of the pronounced wood, vetiver and animalic accords. It's much less floral than Jasmine et Cigarettes.
    Nombril Immense is an earthy-sweet patchouli fragrance with additional accords of vetiver and opoponax. Well done and definitely wearable, if you like patchouli. I personally prefer patchouli as a note more to stay in the background, so that's why that one is not for me. Always a matter of personal taste.

for something to be controversial someone has to like it

Cool Re: help!: etat libre d'orange

mmmm quite interestin i wish i could find samples!

if you go on makeupalley you'll find some it might take time but they will cum!
    --------------------------------------
    to the swap board there I mean
    Last edited by supermarky; 8th March 2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

makeupalley?
    what this?

Post Thanks / Like

fragrantfripperies.com has most of them. That's where I got them. Secretions is vile, the rest go from meh (Je Suis un Homme) to very good (Rien).

Eloge du Traitre is Yatagan Lite.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Supermarky is referring to www.makeupalley.com and the fact that most likely, someone at this site will sell you decants of the EldO line

Good luck