Code of Conduct

Cool Most odd fragrances and notes

Some perfumes smell like rocks, mug, sand, seaweed, rubber, coal tar, ozone, saliva, blood, sperm, gas, gasoline, and sometimes the mix of natural notes create pugnet smell.
    Will you name one perfume or mix of different notes that smell really odd/different?
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Default Re: Most odd fragrances and notes

Never smelled anything out of the ordinary but I do get that odd saliva note with Versace's Blue Jeans.

Post Thanks / Like

Eeewww! "....odd saliva note with Versace's Blue Jeans." I never could warm up to Blue Jeans. I still have half a bottle left and the can it came in. I aways thought the odd note in Blue Jeans smelled somewhat like old pee.

S

Post Thanks / Like

B*men has this gross Pee note and it gives me such a bad headache! I thought I would like this fragrance but I hate it and I prefer A*men by a long shot. I think I got a bad bottle of B*men or something but it stinks!
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Thrax

Might I be the first to nominate Odeur 53? Put Joop! in the fight for me as well.

Issey Blue had a fishy, woody smell to me.....yuck......Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    Might I be the first to nominate Odeur 53? Put Joop! in the fight for me as well.
    Oh ya, go look up the notes of Odeur 53 and/or 71.

I challenge you to come up with anything else that has a fried motherboard/printer ink/dental equipment/PVC accord. Ha!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Smile Re: Most odd fragrances and notes

I found myself nastutium, costus, smoked tea for instance quite disturbing

A sales rep. suggested my daughter try a Clinique product called blossom or something like that. After it dried a little I smelled it on her, I was startled and couldn't believe my nose, so I smelled it again. I was almost afraid to say what I thought, but they both asked...so I told them.

I've been a fisherman all my life. I primarily fish freshwater species and I've caught thousands of fish in my life. The fragrance my daughter tried had a very distict "fish slime" note. It isn't rotten fish, and fish slime doesn't really stink. It's very earthy, organic, somewhat green with a hint of sweetness, but who would want to smell like a fresh caught fish? Very odd.

The other one I just can't understand is Antidote. It opens quite nicely, but the drydown reminds me of being down wind of the cat lady's house. Have you ever known someone with 30 cats and keeps them all in the house and never opens the windows? Pure litter box that has never been cleaned.
    Last edited by CuyahogaJoe; 5th March 2007 at 03:59 PM.

Opening note of Versace Dreamer smells like those Felt Marker pens teachers used on the white boards in school...

Oddly i kinda dig it, tho it was odd at first
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Alan Cumming smelled to me like decay and dirty gym socks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fernloth
    Alan Cumming smelled to me like decay and dirty gym socks.
    They say he never bathes.

Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Post Thanks / Like

One of the Hugh Parsons scents smells just like vegetable soup. Wish I could remember which one.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Tommy Hillfiger "T" smells like sewage I swear.

Question Re: Most odd fragrances and notes

I found Dior Homme stremely odd, anyone agreed that smells like lipstick??

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CuyahogaJoe
    snip... It opens quite nicely, but the drydown reminds me of being down wind of the cat lady's house. Have you ever known someone with 30 cats and keeps them all in the house and never opens the windows? Pure litter box that has never been cleaned.
    this is exactly what Caron pour Homme smells like to me in the opening. And it's a shame because drydown is really nice. I find the same smell in Egoiste and Jaipur. I think I've narrowed it down to bergamot. Seems theres a flowering plant called bergamot which they use the roots or the bulb for the fragrance.

There is also a bergamot orange tree that the flowers get used in scents. I doubt it's this one.

I can't stand big Iris notes either. Other than that...

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Luctor et Emergo by People of the Labyrinths smells like PLAY-DOH!

Ok maybe a little off pace here,but...ABBA TruMint Light Daily Conditioner,for hair,when wet, smells just like a wet dog. It's amazing.

akdeluxe

Quote Originally Posted by madridbatabidd
    I found Dior Homme stremely odd, anyone agreed that smells like lipstick??
    I've never thought about that, but I remember reading some reviews that said it smelled like makeup powder. I really like Dior Homme, maybe I should start thinking about wearing some makeup!
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Cool Re: Most odd fragrances and notes

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    I've never thought about that, but I remember reading some reviews that said it smelled like makeup powder. I really like Dior Homme, maybe I should start thinking about wearing some makeup!
    Jajaja No se que sera peor: si oler a lapiz de labios o maquillaje de margaret astor!!.
    Actually smell odd but in a nice way. Itīs really lipstick smell like, but nice, not overpower or vintage like some others that remind you your grand ma bedroom, powder, makeup and all.
    itīs fresh and def. sexy, but i couldnīt see myself wearing it.
    Another example is KenzoJungle for woman, for me , It smell like really powerfull powder vintage make up!, and this one not in a nice way. argh!.

Post Thanks / Like

Joop is odd. Not in a good way

LesNez - L'Animatiere

CD - Fahrenheit

Caron Pour un Homme

Post Thanks / Like

Joop! definately.

Farenheit.

the older Givenchy line...Pi'.

Any peppery smell like Tommy Hilfiger. lol I just threw mine out, wore it cause I only had ...CK Be, Tommy, L'Eau dissey, Armani Mania, and Hugo, Hugo Boss.

I had no "Real" good 5 scented must have colognes, colognes like Tommy, I wore cause thats all I had to switch around with. I get very tired with Armani codes and Mania...Aqua Di Gio is better than all of them IMHO.

Tommy is peppery as hell and now that I think of it...offensive! lol Thats why its in the garbage.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Divine Bergamot by The Different Company. After 5 minutes there comes a hardly bearable nursery home note -exactly as robiyogi in a review stated-, I simply don't understand what the hell the creator thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Chypre Rouge (SL) - I like it, but it has a very odd savoury herb smell over mulchy earth.

Talking Re: Most odd fragrances and notes

Quote Originally Posted by rompip
    Joop is odd. Not in a good way

LesNez - L'Animatiere

CD - Fahrenheit

Caron Pour un Homme
    I definitely agree about the Joop!, which, quite simply put, stinks like a sweaty whorehouse. Mind, I've never been in one, but I do have a very vivid imagination, which is chemically fueled at times. I must admit that I like the Les Nez, but it was hard to get at first. One that stands out for me is Grain de Plaisir by MPG, which smells like the beginnings of a healthful veggie soup, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    I definitely agree about the Joop!, which, quite simply put, stinks like a sweaty whorehouse.
    Heh!, I'm going to have try some Joop to see if you're right.

Rem from Reminiscence smells like oysters.
    Eau d'Hermes smells like animal pee
    On my skin, Dior's Fahrenheit smellls like i took a shower with gas.
    La Science des Ręves

Narcisse Noir is chock-full of civet, and can smell quite poo-ey on a bad day. Still love it. There's something I can't identify in EL Azuree which to me smells a bit like cooked liver (and which a friend of mine, embarrassingly, compared to used women's sanitary products) - that said, I really love Azuree, and find the meaty note kind of anchors it to the skin - the note also vanishes after about a quarter of an hour.

Muscs Koublai Khan is, for me, one of the very few fragrances that's impossible to wear, smell or even think about very hard without pulling a face. I can see exactly what Lutens was trying to get at, but it fails completely to work for me - it's like an animated testicle in a sweaty leather bag on horseback.

I'm obsessing over Tom Ford Black Orchid at the moment, and I *love* the truffle in the opening. It smells incredibly funky, but to me also smells very sexy - it does the overt sex thing in the way I feel Muscs Koublai Khan *should* have done. I'm feeling quite poor at the moment - Black Orchid will have to wait until next month, but it's a definite buy.