Code of Conduct

Question Cerruti: buying older frags

I picked up a bottle of this stuff a couple of weeks ago after reading reviews. It's outstanding. I love the stuff. I get some green, some wood, and incense, especially on the drydown. The problem is there's almost no sillage. It lasts, but I can hardly smell it. I have to bury my nose in my wrist to get anything. I actually like fragrances that stay close, but this is too close for me.

I don't know if this frag is discontinued, but I may have purchased an old bottle (even though I bought it new). It wasn't that easy to find. Is it possible that this lost potency because it was old? Like I said, it smells great so it hasn't turned.

Default Re: Cerruti: buying older frags

UngerWoo,

Which Cerruti are you talking about? I can't imaging it's Nino Cerruti Pour Homme; it's a sillage monster, at least to my nose.

scentemental

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental
    UngerWoo,

Which Cerruti are you talking about? I can't imaging it's Nino Cerruti Pour Homme; it's a sillage monster, at least to my nose.

scentemental
    I think the answer is that it has been reformulated and/or outsourced. I bought some recently and have exactly the same problem with it. The 'tell' is that on the box it does not say 'Made in France' (or Italy) it says `made under licence by…' with no indication where it was made.

Let me guess: a 50 ml bottle?

HTH
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

It's Cerruti PH. It is a 50 ml bottle. I threw out the box, so I don't know if it was licensed out. But that would make sense. Thanks for the input. Looks like another hazard of buying blind. Thing is, I really like the fragrance. It's disappointing that I can barely smell it.