Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsors

Smile help me pick please,please..please

i want to get a Chanel perfume for my boyfriend for his birrthday and i can't decide which.i have 3 in mind now.
    1. Allure Homme
    2. Allure Homme Sport
    3. Egoiste Platinum
    btw..he love Dunhill Desire Blue and S.Ferragamo pour Homme.and what do you guys think about Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet..to old?he is 22 btw.thanx in advance.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: help me pick please,please..please

Hmmm...I'd go for Allure Homme Sport, but it's so hard picking a frag as a gift for someone else.

Good luck

As an owner of Platinum Egoiste and a previous owner of Allure Sport, and a tester of Allure, I would pick Platinum Egoiste.

i'm 18 and it's great young masculine scent. PE has great sillage/projection and great longevity. It lasts 4-6 hours with great sillage and 12+ hours of subtle, close to the skin smell. It lasts days on clothing.

Allure sport..hmm... what did it smell like again? EXACTLY. I don't even remember because it was a generic scent. I remember it was sort of powdery or something, but not unique apparently because I don't remember it.

Allure just didn't fit me.

It's not listed as an option, however I prefer Pour Monsieur Concentrée.

Of the three you have listed, I would choose Allure Homme.

I have a few questions for you...

First, why do you only want to give him a Chanel and not something from another designer or fragrance house?

What else does he own and like?

Where do you want him to wear this scnet and for which occasions?

These will help us answer which you should get for him. I can't really figure out which he'll like because I don't know anything about the situation or the type of scent person he is.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    I have a few questions for you...

First, why do you only want to give him a Chanel and not something from another designer or fragrance house?

What else does he own and like?

Where do you want him to wear this scnet and for which occasions?

These will help us answer which you should get for him. I can't really figure out which he'll like because I don't know anything about the situation or the type of scent person he is.
    thank you for interested in helping me.
    first,i just want him to have something from Chanel.that's all.
    he own Dunhill Desire Blue,Gaultier Le Male and S.Ferragamo pour Homme.
    i want him to wear it anywhere and anytime not just on special occasion only.
    i think he love something woody and aromatic.
    i went to a Chanel counter today and sniffed the Pour Monsieur Concentre and i love it.i want him to wear Farenheit from Dior but he disliked it.
    well..i might buy him Allure Homme.anyway do you have any suggestion from the other house.i'm considering anyway.thanx.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23
    Hmmm...I'd go for Allure Homme Sport, but it's so hard picking a frag as a gift for someone else.

Good luck
    thanx.it soooo hard.i love Allure Homme Sport too.and even condiser wearing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Man
    As an owner of Platinum Egoiste and a previous owner of Allure Sport, and a tester of Allure, I would pick Platinum Egoiste.

i'm 18 and it's great young masculine scent. PE has great sillage/projection and great longevity. It lasts 4-6 hours with great sillage and 12+ hours of subtle, close to the skin smell. It lasts days on clothing.

Allure sport..hmm... what did it smell like again? EXACTLY. I don't even remember because it was a generic scent. I remember it was sort of powdery or something, but not unique apparently because I don't remember it.

Allure just didn't fit me.
    i sniffed all today at a Chanel counter today.yes PE does smell masculine.i personally love it.and thank you for all the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chêne
    It's not listed as an option, however I prefer Pour Monsieur Concentrée.

Of the three you have listed, I would choose Allure Homme.
    i love Pour Monsieur Concentre too.thanx.
    Last edited by redrabbit; 6th March 2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Chanel Allure Homme..
    Last edited by deck89; 6th March 2007 at 10:20 PM.

Hi redrabbit,
    said that you give as possible choices what IMO are the less appealing chanels for men (specially I'm not fond of allure PH and don't like at all the sport) probably I'd chose Platinum among them.
    Anyway, if you liked Pour Monsieur edt Concentrée, why not buying this for your bf? I find it to be perfect (and I bought and wore it when I was only 17, so don't tell me it smells old ). Another one maybe you never smelled and that's absolutely fantastic is Antaeus for sure.
    It really depends on what your bf likes best.
    I recently also tried the new release Allure Homme Sport cologne, totally different from the edt and it's at least a decent turn on the fresh summer juices.

Friend of mine told me firmly and clandestinely....Allure Sport Chanel! lol

He did..I smelled it and it was pretty good!

Allure homme sport is really good, I agree. The others are too though. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those.

Since he owns Desire Blue and JPG Le Male, I would recommend Allure Homme since he seems to like sweet/lush Oriental scents.

allure sport
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.

Blog Entries

I'd pick Allure Sport, too. I own this & I definitely think a confident women can wear it. If you get this one, you two could share it
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia