Code of Conduct

Default Question about buying Colognes from Ebay

Hello's
    I recently bought a bottle of Green irish tweed from ebay and received the bottle a few days back. I get the feeling the bottle has been tampered with, and the scent is somewhat uncreed like in terms of sophistication. I've been meaning to walk to my local nieman marcus to compare scents, but before i did this has anyone else experienced such a problem?

many thanks,
    .I

Default Re: Question about buying Colognes from Ebay

Gosh no. That's unheard of. And if you use the search function of this forum, I'm sure you'll not find one single thread dealing with suspicious or fake Creeds, or even with Creed period.

Well the idea is not fake creeds, but more like tampered bottle of creed. I will look more into this. I'll be visiting my local nieman and will compare what i purchased vs. what nieman has. It strikes me as interesting that a bottle of creed going for $160, would sell for $50 or thereabouts at ebay.
    thanks
    .i

He is being sarcastic. If you do a search for Green Frich Tweed something will come up that addresses the exact same issue you have.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by phantagarow; 5th March 2007 at 05:46 PM.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist
    Gosh no. That's unheard of. And if you use the search function of this forum, I'm sure you'll not find one single thread dealing with suspicious or fake Creeds, or even with Creed period.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Unhappy Re: Question about buying Colognes from Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by incognito_54
    Hello's
    I recently bought a bottle of Green irish tweed from ebay and received the bottle a few days back. I get the feeling the bottle has been tampered with, and the scent is somewhat uncreed like in terms of sophistication. I've been meaning to walk to my local nieman marcus to compare scents, but before i did this has anyone else experienced such a problem?

many thanks,

.I
    I think we have been screwed. Damn. The same thing just happened to me. GIT 4oz. Great price. But,the bottle appears to be tampered with. Black paint around atomizer base. Scent is not as "complex" as vial sample. When I hold the bottle up to a light,I can see it is only half full. Oh yea,I live in Alaska. None of the stores up here sell it. No where to match one up. Damn. Oh well,it was only $50. I guess I deserve it. Damn. Who did you buy yours from? Damn.

akdeluxe
    Last edited by akdeluxe; 7th March 2007 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by incognito_54
    Hello's

many thanks,
    .I
    Hi,
    Wow, I see that you're new, and I'm sorry that happened. The fake Creed stories here are legion. Rule of Thumb: if you buy Creed or Chanel on Ebay, your probability of getting screwed is almost inversely proportional to the price. That is, if those brands come cheap, you're asking for it.

Here is chapter and verse on people's experiences on Ebay, including mine; I definitely enjoy buying on Ebay, carefully.

I would also do a forum search on "fake creed" or something like that.

At least you got screwed at a low price, I suppose! If you've had it with Ebay, try Scentiments.

Good luck in future shopping.
    Dave

Yep, I have been had. Bought some GIT on ebay. Something was not right. Went down to Fred Myers and bought a mini Cool Water. Guess what? Ding dong,the witch is dead. Exactly the same. I am no expert, but it does'nt
    take a bloodhound to see that my GIT is really CW. As soon as I saw that the leaking atomizer soaked the box... I knew it. Oh well. The seller offered a refund. Yea right. Like I would ever see that. Plus,I would be out the 2 oz (bottle was half full) of Cool Water I sent back. I am not going to drag the sellers name across this forum,but if you want the name,PM me. Maybe I will drag! Lesson learned. Damn.

akdeluxe

Quote Originally Posted by akdeluxe
    I am not going to drag the sellers name across this forum,

Well...odds are they aren't members here. So you'd be doing everyone a favor who was considering buying Creed on eBay by alerting us.

And if they are a member, well then all the more reason to alert us.

It was a dishonest transaction on their part. Ebayers should avoid this seller. PM me and I will be glad to let you know the name.

akdeluxe

Akdeluxe, a sincere welcome to the board from me. And a special thanks for keeping the eBay seller's name off the forum. I hate a ripoff jerk as much as anyone, but eBay has its own negative feedback mechanism and Basenotes isn't a site to mirror that, or go over eBay transaction histories in public. I thank you very much for understanding and even anticipating this. (I understand DrBubba too!)

Thanks again, and welcome to the forum.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

viva ebay. they really like the money they get from sellers of counterfeit creed, counterfeit chrome hearts, counterfeit chanel....

get creed on ebay from creedirect and check all sellers' negative feedback with toolhaus.org!