Code of Conduct

Default How many Creeds are too much?

In the past I've usually stuck to about two different fragrances...I'm now thinking of including all 4 of my favorite Creeds at one time for rotation. (GIT, SMW, TAB, & MI). My question is, is this too many to have...or will they go bad you think? I wear fragrance everyday and usually reapply at least once a day. Thanks for any advice here!
    Brandon

Default Re: How many Creeds are too much?

Keep them out of strong light (in the box is best) and they will be ok for a few years. You are asking if four is too many? No, I think four is a good number. Many people here have tens, hundreds of fragrances, just take a look at some people's wardrobes.

We are quite obsessed here. My advice is enjoy your four and get outta here before your habit gets outta hand , it can get expensive. I do really enjoy it though....
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Lot of Creed fans on BN. I have nine bottles of Creed and will probably replace all but Himalaya when they empty. I have many other scents but the test of a good fragrance for me is whether or not you wish to buy a second bottle.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith001
    My question is, is this too many to have
    There's no such thing as too many ...

Some of us have over 100 different frags in our wardrobe. So logically, that would average out to be a hair more than 3 wearings a year for each frag.

Buy what you like, and wear what your mood tells you to.

This thread is a bit ambiguous - are you asking whether 4 CREEDS are too many, or whether 4 FRAGRANCES are too many?

If its the former, then its personal choice - there are many basenoters who own more than 10 fragrances each from multiple houses.

If its the latter, then as long as you store your fragrances in a cool, dry place away from sunlight, they can enjoy a shelf life of upto 10 years (or even more!).
    Last edited by zztopp; 5th March 2007 at 10:11 PM.
    -

I've got six and want (need) four more.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I don't intend to sound like an enabler, but buy the entire Creed line if you like them, enjoy them and can afford them. If I had the money I would own the entire lines from Diptyque and Le Labo to name a couple.

That is definitely a personal choice. They will last long enough until you can get more.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I just used up my 30ml bottle of Creed's Bois du Portugal and do not
    intend to replace it until I've used up a few more bottles of fragrance in
    my collection. And note that Bois du Portugal is my favorite Creed.
    I just want to whittle down my wardrobe, so I'm using up the bottles
    I have and not replacing them for a while.

If you have four Creeds you like, this is fine to me. Just make sure you
    only buy frags that you feel are superb. I have many that I bought
    too quickly without sampling enough. They're OK, but not four-star or five-star.

If you like the scents then buy them..

How many Creeds are too much?
    As long as you really love your newest bottle, and it doesn't smell like the one before, I think you cannot do wrong! But wait 30 - 50 minutes. Although my nose enjoys quite a few, I find that too many turn into the same direction during the dry down phase. Wonderful as that phase can be, it's always 'Creed' to me, and therefore my wallet considers more than two a bit of a waste.
    Last edited by narcus; 7th March 2007 at 06:26 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I have 19 creeds, I have 8 Imperials, 6 Erolfas and 4 Green Irish Tweeds and 1 Virgin Island Water. So no, I don't think 4 Creeds is too much (if you really think you will wear them).
    Last edited by Maz24; 6th March 2007 at 05:34 PM.

1 or 2 bottles..
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

I own 6 Creeds; Erolfa, GIT, Imperial, Neroli Savage, Himalaya and Acier Aluminum. AA is the only one I wouldn't get again.

I'm glad this didn't turn into another "Creed is so overrated, any Creed is too Many" thread

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

It depends on what the overall makeup of your wardrobe is. If you've got 32 Creeds and 3 non-Creeds total, that's fine...

If you have 32 Creeds and 100 others, then God knows you'll never finish those off. It might be too many, but if you have the money and interest, then...go for it. Buy and love whatever tickles your fancy. It's entirely dependent on the number of Creeds you like. I have 7, but probably like more than that...It takes a lot of sampling to get through the whole line. Of course if you don' like any, zero is enough. I like all YSLs, so I need 'em all. Not so much with other houses. Again, totally subjective.

By the way, Creeds have an incredibly short shelf-life. Most retailers will throw away their old stock 'cause it just doesn't sell. God help you if you get an old bottle! Usually, a Creed will stay fresh for 3 weeks from the date you open the box. If you can't finish the bottle within this "freshness period", throw it away and buy a new bottle!

You can readily identify a Creed-gone-bad by its characteristic ambergris note. Most people follow the Ambergris Rule of Thumb..."If you detect it, reject it!".

Fortunatley, all Creeds are budget-priced to counter their brief longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo777

By the way, Creeds have an incredibly short shelf-life. Most retailers will throw away their old stock 'cause it just doesn't sell. God help you if you get an old bottle! Usually, a Creed will stay fresh for 3 weeks from the date you open the box. If you can't finish the bottle within this "freshness period", throw it away and buy a new bottle!

You can readily identify a Creed-gone-bad by its characteristic ambergris note. Most people follow the Ambergris Rule of Thumb..."If you detect it, reject it!".

Just in case anyone was to take this seriously - don't. Its nonsense.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    Just in case anyone was to take this seriously - don't. Its nonsense.
    You should have told me before, after reading his post I started to dip my head in my 17oz flacon of Green Irish Tweed. I was afraid of not finishing it in 3 weeks.
    For swap:
    1. 90-95% full 2.5 oz bottle of Creed Orange Spice
    2. 99% full 1.6 oz bottle of Kenzo pour Homme
    3. 90% full 4 oz bottle of Creed Millesime Imperial

Looking for: GIT, Baie de Genièvre, Idole de Lubin, Chergui, decant of FM Carnal Flower, decant of vintage Tabarome

Quote Originally Posted by abg1234
    You should have told me before, after reading his post I started to dip my head in my 17oz flacon of Green Irish Tweed. I was afraid of not finishing it in 3 weeks.
    Tell me about it. Now I know what to fill my wash basin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo777
    --By the way, Creeds have an incredibly short shelf-life. Most retailers will throw away their old stock 'cause it just doesn't sell. God help you if you get an old bottle! Usually, a Creed will stay fresh for 3 weeks from the date you open the box. If you can't finish the bottle within this "freshness period", throw it away and buy a new bottle!

I don't have any creeds at all.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)