Code of Conduct

Smile Flowery, Fruity, Incensey, Sugary, Powdery- which is favorite type of scent?

If you were told, you could only have one of these type of scents to wear as your signature, what would you choose first, and then the rest in what order?

1.********
    2.********
    3.********
    4.********
    5.********

Default Re: Flowery, Fruity, Incensey, Sugary, Powdery- which is favorite type of scent?

#1...Sugary
    #2...Incensey
    #3...Flowery
    #4...Fruity
    #5...Powdery

Default Re: Flowery, Fruity, Incensey, Sugary, Powdery- which is favorite type of scent?

1. Incensey
    2. Sugary
    3. Flowery
    4. Fruity
    5. Powdery

Oops...forgot to answer this myself- 1- Incense is about the only one I like in this group. The only way I would wear Flowery or Fruity would be if they were mixed with woods or spice. Hate sugary sweet scents & totally don't like powdery at all!

Quote Originally Posted by tdi
    1. Incensey
    2. Sugary
    3. Flowery
    4. Fruity
    5. Powdery
    For me:
    Flowery
    Powdery
    Incensey
    Fruity
    Sugary
    I think. Definitely fruity and sugary are where they should be.

Mine would be:

#1...Sugary / Gourmand
    #2...Incensey/Powdery
    #3...Powdery/Fruity
    #4...Fruity
    #5...Flowery
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

If i had to choose, it would be in the exact same order you posted these families.
    Fl,Fr,In,Su,Po.

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    Mine would be:

#1...Sugary / Gourmand
    #2...Incensey/Powdery
    #3...Powdery/Fruity
    #4...Fruity
    #5...Flowery
    I don't consider Incensey to be the same as powdery. Yes, sandlewood can have a powder-like drydown, but to me, powder is more like, (powder as what you would use after a shower kind of powder) Fragrances like Parfum Sacre, Ombre Rose, L' Heure Bleue, etc. That's what I meant.

#1...Incensey
    #2...Flowery
    #3...Powdery
    #4...Sugary
    #5...Fruity

Actually what about woody or aromatic chypre? If those two were also options I'd put woody on the top of the list and replace sugary with aromatic chypre. Fruity would not even be on the list.

#1...Woody / Floriental
    #2...Incensey / Woody-Oriental
    #3...Flowery / Soliflores / Aldehydic Florals
    #4...Powdery / Aldehydic
    #5...Aromatic Chypre
    Last edited by MysteryFemme; 7th March 2007 at 05:08 AM.
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

1. Flowery
    2. Incensey
    3. Sugary
    4. Fruity
    5. Powdery

Was difficult to choose between flowery and incensey for top place as I like my florals a bit incensey and my incenses a bit flowery!

For these, my choice would be:

1. Incensey
    2. Flowery
    3. Powdery
    4. Fruity
    5. Sugary

But I miss dear favorites, like Leather, Chypre, Oriental, Wood.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

1. Flowery
    2. Powdery
    3. Fruity
    4. Sugary
    5. Incensey (although I'd never wear something that smelled remotely of incense - it just ain't my thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly Dagger
    If you were told, you could only have one of these type of scents to wear as your signature, what would you choose first, and then the rest in what order?

1.********
    2.********
    3.********
    4.********
    5.********
    I would tell the person issuing the ukase that my "signature scent" changes from day to day and they can go pound salt! :bounce:

Just like you would have when you were lead singer in those Rock Bands of old!!! (Could you guess I'm Gemini/Snake??)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

1. Flowery
    2. Fruity
    3. Powdery
    4. Incensy
    5. Sugary

Incensey
    Powdery
    Flowery
    Fruity
    Sugary

Although if I had a choice, I would have a list something like MysteryFemme's second list!

Flowery
    Incenscy
    Powdery
    Sugary
    Fruity

I realized I didn't like strong fruit notes, but I didn't realize exactly how low I'd place them if forced to choose.

Here we go:
    1. Incensey
    2. Flowery
    3. Powdery
    4. Sugary
    5. Fruity

I must admit that I like them all except the fruity scent. I do like the smell of tomato and cucumber!

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    I would tell the person issuing the ukase that my "signature scent" changes from day to day and they can go pound salt! :bounce:

Just like you would have when you were lead singer in those Rock Bands of old!!! (Could you guess I'm Gemini/Snake??)
    I don't really get your post exactly, but it is just a "what if?" question, nothing signed in blood. lol...
    There are two kinds of Gemini's that I have encountered...Kind, intelligent, & interesting... & the other, unpredictable, intense, & sometimes annoying. I guess that is why you have a yin & yang symbol to balance you out. Have a good day*

Well, depends on the mood! I'd say...

1. Fruity
    2. Sugary
    3. Incensey
    4. Floral
    5. Powdery

My favourites are missing: ambery, woody and "vanilla-y" , but I'll play the game:

1. incensey
    2. sugary
    3. fruity
    4. powdery
    5. flowery

However, if you put a "very" before each scent category, I would be forced to answer: NONE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Flowery
    Powdery
    Incensy
    Fruity
    Sugary

1. Woody/Chypre
    2. Incensey/Spicy
    3. Green/Fresh
    4. Fruity
    5. Floral

1. Sugary
    2. Fruity
    3. Powdery
    4. Flowery
    5. Incensey
    http://www.myspace.com/mermaidsushi
    http://www.myspace.com/longdistancelovers

my all-time faves include anna sui, vera wang princess, nanette lepore, miracle, amor amor, juicy couture, ralph rocks & betsey johnson

decants i'm looking for:
    a sample vial/decant of viva la juicy by juicy couture
    anna sui scents (other than the original)

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    If i had to choose, it would be in the exact same order you posted these families.
    Fl,Fr,In,Su,Po.
    Me, too.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

1. Flowery
    2. Fruity
    3. Powdery
    4. Incensy
    5. Sugary

But these are so restrictive!!! *brain explodes at multitude fragrances that are more than one or all of these*

Wink Re: Flowery, Fruity, Incensey, Sugary, Powdery- which is favorite type of scent?

Quote Originally Posted by Arhianrad
    1. Flowery
    2. Fruity
    3. Powdery
    4. Incensy
    5. Sugary

But these are so restrictive!!! *brain explodes at multitude fragrances that are more than one or all of these*
    Calm down, this is just make believe...lol...Of course, most fragrances have mixed notes, but the overall scent is pretty much in these categories to me. Like Pink Sugar has alot of notes in it, but it is sugary, Ombre Rose same with this, but it's overall powdery, etc...
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black
    My favourites are missing: ambery, woody and "vanilla-y" , but I'll play the game:

1. incensey
    2. sugary
    3. fruity
    4. powdery
    5. flowery

However, if you put a "very" before each scent category, I would be forced to answer: NONE!
    I agree with you 100%, I like woody, vanilla, & ambery, but I wanted to limit it to the one's I don't like too much, and the one's that really seem to be popular these days, just was curious. Anything "very" would be too much of a good thing & definitely too much of a bad thing.
    Last edited by Dolly Dagger; 8th March 2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly Dagger
    Oops...forgot to answer this myself- 1- Incense is about the only one I like in this group. The only way I would wear Flowery or Fruity would be if they were mixed with woods or spice. Hate sugary sweet scents & totally don't like powdery at all!
    You know, it's funny you say this - I wore Lancome's Magie Noire for years and thought of it as woodsy, spicy. I've never liked powdery either, but found that when I wore Magie Noire people would make positive comments about it and several of them described it as smelling powdery! Maybe it's just my body chemistry. Who knows?

Your above quote describes exactly how I like my floral and fruits, must have a little woods or spice. In fact, some sweet fragrances that I turn down could be improved with the addition of a little spice.

Talking Re: , , , - which is favorite type of scent?

1.********Incensey
    2.********Flowery
    3.********Powdery
    4.********Fruity,
    5.********Sugary

Missing from this list would be woody , spicy , ambery & mossy I would put these before Flowery Powdery Fruity & Sugary

Incensy
    Fruity
    Sugary
    Powdery
    Flowery