Code of Conduct

Thread: Declaration

Default Declaration

I really like Cartier Declaration and Bulgari Extreme. Now discovering Creed. Which of the Creeds,if any,are like Declaration and the Extreme? The Creeds that I have sampled seem so complex (Org.Santal, GIT, SMW).It's cool to be able to distinguish all the differant notes in one fragrance. Looking at the Creed site tells me I have a lot to try out!

akdeluxe

Thrax

Default Re: Declaration

If there is a Creed out there that smells like Declaration, I've never smelled it. Declaration has quite a bit of cumin in it that gives it a slightly "nasty" vibe.

If you like the cumin in Declaration but want something non-citrus, try
    Gucci pour Homme or Kingdom by Alexander McQueen.
    --------------------------------------
    The only Creed I can think of that has a similar feel to Declaration
    is Millesime Imperial, and it doesn't really smell like Declaration. It just
    has a somewhat "bright" smell along with a strong note -- this time ginger
    instead of Declaration's cumin.

MI is certainly worth tracking down and sampling.
    Last edited by trumpet_guy; 7th March 2007 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the replys.Here in Anchorage,the choices are limited. We have a Nordstroms and a couple of locally owned stores that sell fragrances,but thats it. Thanks again.

akdeluxe

I've always thought of Declaration and Bvlgari to have a sharp tart quality to them, fresh but in a different way. The only Creed which would come close is Original Vetiver, although it is in fact quite different.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

I'd suggest giving Royal Water a try. Amazing citrus with some light Florals and woods. Sophisticated like Declaration, although not as edgy.

I'm not sure if there's a Creed that's even in the same category as Declaration, a very woody, dry fragrance.

Most Creeds, if they are woody, have a considerable amount of sweetness added to thicken them up a bit. This may sound crazy, but I'd say the closest Creed to Declaration is GIT just because there is no little sweetness in there. Plus, it has a rather earthy, woody drydown. The tops are nothing alike though.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Smile Re: Declaration

I can see Creed not producing a product like a Declaration. The three I have smelled would indicate,at least to me,it's not their style. Am I wrong? In the last 2 months,I have bought a total of eleven fragrances,three of them samples. What a silly addiction! It's almost like food. So many types to choose from, and so many variations of each of those choices. It's endless. What other "houses" are there? You know,fancy, long established and good.

akdeluxe

I bought a 2.5oz bottle of Declaration a few weeks ago and couldn't place that "smell." Now I know it's cumin! Thanks for the information. I still like Declaration in spite of the cumin...
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig
    I bought a 2.5oz bottle of Declaration a few weeks ago and couldn't place that "smell." Now I know it's cumin! Thanks for the information. I still like Declaration in spite of the cumin...
    That special smell in Declaration you notice might also be the
    synthetic "smoked wood" note.

Either way, I like Declaration quite a bit. I'll have to use it more this summer.
    I have the Eau Genereuse bottle, which is what they issue in the summer,
    and I think has a few notes slightly toned down compared to the tall,
    narrow bottle with the strange atomizer.

I've always liked Declaration which to me can be seen as a noble cousin of the Bulgari (never fully liked both the regular and the extreme versions).
    Declaration, with its sparkling but not trivial citrussy notes and its deeper but still playful drydown have never failed to amaze me as a good alternative to ozonic and zesty juices in summertime.
    About Creeds, despite in general they have all a different vibe, I can advice you to try Baies de genievre-Feuilles de cannellier which shares with Declaration the association of greener balsamic hints with a warmer spicier base. Worth a try at least
    Last edited by Magnifiscent; 8th March 2007 at 01:49 PM.

nearfantastica

If you are a fan of the "tangy" slightly feral Declaration and the sublime Bulgari Extreme.. I highly reccomend the very inexpensive Fendi Life Essence. Infact, a couple of weeks ago, I reviewed the fragrance in the men's section.

Though quite distinct, it also maintains some of that citrus + slight amounts of nasty.... very underrated scent in my opinion and it shouldn't be overly difficult to find.

a.