Code of Conduct

Default Aramis - New West, Help me remember it please

I went through a bottle or two in the late nineties, but can't remember much about it, Too many Patron shots and vodka tonics ago. It seemed pleasant, but want to hear from those of you with a better memory, or those that own it. Any feedback is appreciated.

Default Re: Aramis - New West, Help me remember it please

Simply lovely; how I miss it. There was a marine aspect to it, and also a sandy-beach feeling. Very fresh and uplifting.

Also totally unique, I know nothing that comes close to that smell.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

I remember it was special at the time to me. And I remember the marine note and a sage feeling also. They are selling it here in the states. I don't know if it is old stock, or if they are making it again. I am very curious to try it again. Love the bottle too.

"Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

good stuff hirch!...thanks for digging that up. I guess the voice of this forum can be heard by those in the industry at times. I have read the reviews in the directory but my scent image of it is still hazy. If I get a 'wild hair' I may order it blind next month. It wouldn't be totally blind though. I guess I am talking myself into it.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents
    I remember it was special at the time to me. And I remember the marine note and a sage feeling also. They are selling it here in the states. I don't know if it is old stock, or if they are making it again. I am very curious to try it again. Love the bottle too.
    They have this at the Nordstrom near me. I sniffed it on paper there recently. It's still that dense, green-herbal scent I remember. I don't think I ever owned it, but I think I might have worn some from samples, or bummed from a buddy way back when. I think it's just EdC in strength, but pretty lasting in spite of that, as I recall. An old school classic for the boys.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

K. Thanks for the Nordstrom heads up. ^ By the way, congrats on your 1,000 post. I enjoy your informative posts.

Basenotes Institution

New West for Women is MUCH better IMO - its got watermelon!!!

I wore this for the first time since i bought this 3 months ago...i have just been on a fragrance buying spree for the last few months and i just didn;t get a chance to try quite a few scents that i have bought blind...i had just sprayed it a little on my wrist and i didnt quite get taken in with it that day i remember....

However it was a hot day today and i had no clue what i was going to wear...for a moment i thought i would wear Platinum Egoiste but then i wanted something new today...I then saw this bottle sitting there in the corner, sprayed it thrice on my chest...once on my each wrist...i must say i was indeed impressed with the result....very fresh i would say....after about 15 minutes sprayed twice again on my neck region and the chest....

I have been out all day long...and throughout the day i have had whiffs of 'New west skin scent' visiting me....I did ask a friend of mine if he could smell anything...as usual he said....NOPE.....but then i think something is wrong with his sense of smell...I knew i could smell the perfume....then i thought maybe since i put it on my neck...thats where the nose is picking up the scent from is why i think its so powerful....

Coming home and washing my face some water trickled down my neck...and whoooooooooaoo....there is this blast that seems like freshly sprayed New west....incredible....but then i ve observed that a little water on the skin where uve sprayed ur fragrance does tend to make the smell reappear from nowhere....this was no exception....

I have to say that IMO i did find a note in this that did indeeed very much reminded me of XS paco.....it just did....i think i really thought over it so many times and each time it wud remind me of XS.....Another note that did come to the mind was this 'petroleum' note of Fahrenheit....I dont know how many people on this board here will agree with me on this but i am sure i did feel that it smelt like 'Fahrenheit' too....

Overall a great summer scent....fantastic stuff....very different feel to it....grassy.....fresh....uplifting.....besides the bottle is very beautiful as well.....very unusual........

a big Thumbs up from me for this one...

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    Check this out ...
    Interesting . . . I wonder if the same could be done for Havana? (although, I was happy to find a couple of 50ml bottles nearby). Havana was one of my favourites since my late teens.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanm
    Interesting . . . I wonder if the same could be done for Havana? (although, I was happy to find a couple of 50ml bottles nearby). Havana was one of my favourites since my late teens.

I think RSA is one of the few places havana is still in production.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews