Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default Rive Gauche Intense and regular Rive Gauche bottles

Hi,

I received a 2.5 oz bottle of Rive Gauche pour homme today and was surprised by the size of the bottle. I have the Rive Gauche Intense since before and it has a volume of 2.0 oz. How can the 2.5oz bottle have the same diameter as the 2oz one and be 1inch SHORTER, yet manage to hold 2.5oz(75ml) compared to the Intense version which has a higher bottle and holds 2.0oz(60ml).
    I wish I had a camera to take a picture of it but I don't.
    Can anyone else provide a picture with the two bottles next to each other or provide measurements for the 2.5oz bottle?
    This thing got me really confused, the only reasonable explanation is that the thickness of the glass in the Intense bottle gives less volume compared to the Aluminium bottle which is very thin. I'm not saying YSL is cheating(which is ridiculous), but it's almost like those visual perceptions.
    This is an unnecessary thread I know, but I need answers fast, or my head will blow up.
    Last edited by abg1234; 7th March 2007 at 08:33 AM.
    For swap:
    1. 90-95% full 2.5 oz bottle of Creed Orange Spice
    2. 99% full 1.6 oz bottle of Kenzo pour Homme
    3. 90% full 4 oz bottle of Creed Millesime Imperial

Looking for: GIT, Baie de Genièvre, Idole de Lubin, Chergui, decant of FM Carnal Flower, decant of vintage Tabarome

Default Re: Rive Gauche Intense and regular Rive Gauche bottles

The bottle of RG Intense you have, it's refillable right? I moved the outer coverage and the inner bottle is considerably smaller. Maybe that explains the fact that regular RG appears to be smaller than the Intense version...

-T-

Default Re: Rive Gauche Intense and regular Rive Gauche bottles

I own both bottles and understand your concern. Everytime I pick up the regular (mine is 4.2 oz), I swear it is almost empty. I think I like the Intense bottle better. I wore Intense for the first time Monday, and I love it.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 7th March 2007 at 06:35 PM.