Code of Conduct

Default A search for new Cologne, what do women think?

Just joined the forums....help! lol

I remember when Eternity, Obsession, Escape, Cool Water, and most of the 90's colognes came out, so I know I'm showing my age. lol 35.

I am in search for an overall good cologne. I have as of now have: L'eau d'issey, HUGO by Hugo Boss, CK Be, and Tommy, by T.Hilfiger. Getting tired of Miyake, and Tommy, Be is nice.

I used to have Aqua Di Gio, now that one I HAVE to get again; however, my wife loves HUGO! She says thats a Man's scent (manly) lol. Got that one.

I went and got an online list of supposed great scents, went to Macy's and had them spritz each card, brought them home (like 12 swatches lol) and I made my favorites, wrote em down and then later my wife made her list.

Angel( too strong and it smells like no other!), the 2 Boucheron colognes(smelled feminine powdery), DKNY (too apple-ly), Unforgivable (very different) I'm still out on that one, Chrome were all on the bottom and the top 3? The new BOSS Selection, ONYX, and R.S.V.P by Kenneth Cole.

I liked ONYX at first but it dried and faded into a scent that reminded me of that "Old lady" annisette perfume, weird when it dries and fades it should really be smelled. L'eau D'issey is the same way, but its good! Goes on strong (different)yet it smells AWESOME like 4 to 8 hours later.

My question if you lady's can help is if I like soft, light but NOT fruity or HEAVY cologne (more woodsy)what cologne should I look for? I have a theory that "Sport" colognes may be the thing for me, (Polo, , etc.etc.).

Now I loved DRAKKAR when it came out and I think if you wear that now it will actually be BETTER than when it came out cause it's like nothing else out there now! Weird.

I haven't picked any new cologne out yet but I would like to get Aqua Di Gio and 3 NEW scents.

A good example is ESCAPE for Men...that I do not like. Anything with those ingredients I dont think I'll like. No abundance of flowers or flowery smell.

What are the top 10 in your O.P???

The Squire

Smile Re: A search for new Cologne, what do women think?

I'm not an expert on Men's cologne (anymore) I used to buy Gentlemen Givenchy for my guy, when I was young & Royal Copehagen. For my ex husband, I bought Polo, Kouros, and I forgot...Been a while. My son who is 22, I bought Emporio by Armani (nice) Michael by Michael Kors, and Lolita Lempicka Masculin, that is probably not something you'd like. Out of all of the them...EMPORIO by ARMANI*

Default Re: A search for new Cologne, what do women think?

I'm no expert either - my husband doesn't care much about fragrances - but one I really love is Herrera for Men, I think it's called, by Carolina Herrera. It's woodsy and subtly sexy, imo. It's not extremely "loud". It just smells really good, that's all I can say. I bought it for him some years ago and I notice it's the one that has the most missing from the bottle (and not from me using it either! lol!). I don't know if I have a top ten for men. I also like Terre d'Hermes very much (also woodsy), and Creed's Silver Mountain Water is very nice. Gosh, there are so many, you need to get out there and get sniffing! Enjoy yourself.

Thank you very much, I wrote em' down and will try them out!

Actually Herrera is nice, they didn't have it at Macy's but I have to go back when they get more in. I smelled that one before a couple a years ago and it was good.

Polo is probably nice as well.

Never tested Siver Mountain water.

Funny, Terre d Hermes is number 2 on the mens best list for this sites awards for best daytime cologne! Hmmmm?

This is like buying a car! lol lol

Thanks ladies, hope to get more suggestions.

The Squire.

MONK by Mike Storer
    I don't know the notes off-hand but I'm sure it's in the Directory. Also, Mike happens to be a Basenotes member !

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire
    Funny, Terre d Hermes is number 2 on the mens best list for this sites awards for best daytime cologne! Hmmmm?
    I didn't realize that, but I can see why. It was launched just last year, I believe, and it's very distinctive. I'd wear it, too.

I love Pi so much, I use my husbands now and then. For me though, I love a clean man. That might seem obvious to some, but I have heard otherwise. I wish I could be more help, but don't know a lot about men's scents.

Quote Originally Posted by TDDanae
    For me though, I love a clean man.
    Oh I do too!

Clean fresh fragrances for men that you might like Squire: Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme; Bulgari Au Parfumee au The Verte Extreme (unisex); Acqua di Parma Colonia (also unisex); Jeans Couture Homme by Versace - this one is very soft and clean, not long lasting, but it might be worth a try. Since you like Acqua di Gio you might also like Dolce & Gabbana Masculine. Hope this is of some help.

Blog Entries

I just sample Prada PH and thought it was very nice. A deeper version of Eternity, somehow warmer. Maybe a bit more patchouli and musk. It's very sexy but dignified. I like that it doesn't just knock you over the head.

Thanks ladies.

I have a list of suggestions by the guys:

Traditional by hugh parsons
    99 Regent st.
    Geir by geir Ness
    Envy by Gucci
    Armand basi Homme
    Polo Double black
    Lacoste Essential
    Reaction K.Cole
    New York K.Cole
    Terre D' hermes
    M7
    Givenchy Blue Label ??
    Tiffany sport
    Bulgari Extreme?
    Chic C. Herrera

The women suggest:

Herrera C.herrera
    Royal copenhagen
    Polo
    Silver Mountain water
    Prada PH

Now I get yelled at from the mrs....lol.cause I should find some perfume I like! lol So thats on the agenda for tommorow! Jeez!

Any good womens scents that are irresistable??? If I like light in my cologne I would think I would like light for perfumes no?

I'm off to Macys to do thine work! lol

Thank you all.
    --------------------------------------
    All things being equal, you may or may not like these perfumes but I must tell you, went to Macys here on the Island and smelled about 10 different perfumes for the broad wife a' mine...lol.

I have to tell you Vera Wang has a perfume out called The Princess...awesome scent..number one on my list. Also second was Bahama by Tommy..and 3rd was Brit Burberry.

In that order. Princess is sweet and candy like but from a guys point of smell as soon as I smelled it I knew right off the bat it was good! Not too many squirts just 2 at the most, no more.

Bahama is a perfect name for the second perfume..it smells like perfume for that island...so nice..not flowery Or powdery spicy.

Wish I had more time to pick out more perfumes that get the juices flowing...lol it was too crowded today.

Hey,...you want to know what your man gets crazy on..bring his ass to the counter and grab the coffee beans (no...not his coffee beans) and have him smell the perfumes....there is a scent that drives us nuts!!! Its finding it thats nice.
    Last edited by The Squire; 11th March 2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    Thanks ladies.

I have a list of suggestions by the guys:

Traditional by hugh parsons
    99 Regent st.
    Geir by geir Ness
    Envy by Gucci
    Armand basi Homme
    Polo Double black
    Lacoste Essential
    Reaction K.Cole
    New York K.Cole
    Terre D' hermes
    M7
    Givenchy Blue Label ??
    Tiffany sport
    Bulgari Extreme?
    Chic C. Herrera

The women suggest:

Herrera C.herrera
    Royal copenhagen
    Polo
    Silver Mountain water
    Prada PH

Now I get yelled at from the mrs....lol.cause I should find some perfume I like! lol So thats on the agenda for tommorow! Jeez!

Any good womens scents that are irresistable??? If I like light in my cologne I would think I would like light for perfumes no?

I'm off to Macys to do thine work! lol

Thank you all.
    --------------------------------------
    All things being equal, you may or may not like these perfumes but I must tell you, went to Macys here on the Island and smelled about 10 different perfumes for the broad wife a' mine...lol.

I have to tell you Vera Wang has a perfume out called The Princess...awesome scent..number one on my list. Also second was Bahama by Tommy..and 3rd was Brit Burberry.

In that order. Princess is sweet and candy like but from a guys point of smell as soon as I smelled it I knew right off the bat it was good! Not too many squirts just 2 at the most, no more.

Bahama is a perfect name for the second perfume..it smells like perfume for that island...so nice..not flowery Or powdery spicy.

Wish I had more time to pick out more perfumes that get the juices flowing...lol it was too crowded today.

Hey,...you want to know what your man gets crazy on..bring his ass to the counter and grab the coffee beans (no...not his coffee beans) and have him smell the perfumes....there is a scent that drives us nuts!!! Its finding it thats nice.
    YOU FORGOT- EMPORIO by ARMANI !!!

Emporio for men?

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    Emporio for men?
    YES- They have it for men & women, but I'm obviously talking about the men's, it's really nice. Well, I think so, anyway.

I'll try the sample from scentmonkey.com.