Code of Conduct

Thread: Romance

Default Romance

For those of you who love soft romantic frags, what would you suggest? I would like to add something "romantic" to my collection, but am not too familiar with these types of scents. I use to have a bottle of Romance by Ralph Lauren and it was ok, but would love to hear some other suggestions.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Romance

Sheesh Girl, you got a boatload of "romantic" in your 'drobe unless "romantic" to you is connoting floral, powdery.

Lovely by SLP?? Pleasures? Beyond Paradise?

I don't live in an area in which there's a wide selection beyond mass market - so I go sniffing for samples online. Ayala www.ayalamoriel.com has some lovely florals - Ava Luxe www.ava-luxe.com is a good source.

Let us know how you fare! :bounce:
    Last edited by TaoLady; 7th March 2007 at 06:22 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Blog Entries

A superb wardrobe of classics you have there, spicegirl that would be well rounded by adding any one or more of the following:

Guerlain L'Heure Bleue - preferrably parfum though EDP is good too
    Guerlain Mahora
    Chloe Narcisse
    Caron Nocturnes
    Serge Lutens Un Lys
    Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds
    Guerlain Champs-Elysees - quite flirtatious
    Coty L'Aimant PdT
    Lorenzo Villoresi Musk
    TBS Neroli Jasmine
    Guerlain Terracotta Voile D'Ete
    Carolina Herrera By Carolina Herrera
    Guerlain AA Ylang et Vanille - very sweet
    Serge Lutens Fleurs D'Oranger
    Ava Luxe Rasa / Rasa Xtreme parfum
    Guerlain Samsara EDP - jasmine
    Serge Lutens A La Nuit - jasmine
    Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia With Cardamom & Myrrh
    Guerlain Nahema parfum - roses
    Dana LE Tabu Red Heels
    Ava Luxe Gardenia Musk
    Dior Tendre Poison
    Gres Cabotine
    Gres Cabotine Rose
    Crabtree & Evelyn Nadira
    Clarins Elysium
    Gloria Vanderbilt Vanderbilt
    Anna Sui Sui Dreams
    Anna Sui by Anna Sui
    Yves Rocher Rose Absolue
    Yves Rocher Voile D'Ambre
    Yves Rocher Ode a L'Amour

Last edited by moondeva; 7th March 2007 at 06:56 PM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

(Oooohhhh. Moondeva - what a great new Avatar!! Now that's romance for you!! :bounce
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I agree with the already mentioned suggestions Champs Elycees and L'heure Bleue, but I would also like to add JPG Classique,Attraction and perhaps Voleur de Roses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes
    I agree with the already mentioned suggestions Champs Elycees and L'heure Bleue, but I would also like to add JPG Classique,Attraction and perhaps Voleur de Roses.
    How could I forget these three?! L'Artisan Voleur de Roses may tend to be too dark, brooding and melancholy for romance but JPG Classique (I prefer the EDP) and Lancome Attraction are both great recs...
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    (Oooohhhh. Moondeva - what a great new Avatar!! Now that's romance for you!! :bounce
    *blush* thanks Taolady!
    Last edited by moondeva; 7th March 2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Sheesh Girl, you got a boatload of "romantic" in your 'drobe unless "romantic" to you is connoting floral, powdery.

Lovely by SLP?? Pleasures? Beyond Paradise?

I don't live in an area in which there's a wide selection beyond mass market - so I go sniffing for samples online. Ayala www.ayalamoriel.com has some lovely florals - Ava Luxe www.ava-luxe.com is a good source.

Let us know how you fare! :bounce:
    Taolady - excuse my ignorance, but which scents in my wardrobe would you consider "romantic"? I'm just learning here, and only know what I like when I sniff it. I thought maybe Bellodgia, but are there others? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by moondeva
    A superb wardrobe of classics you have there, spicegirl that would be well rounded by adding any one or more of the following:

Guerlain L'Heure Bleue - preferrably parfum though EDP is good too
    Guerlain Mahora
    Chloe Narcisse
    Caron Nocturnes
    Serge Lutens Un Lys
    Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds
    Guerlain Champs-Elysees - quite flirtatious
    Coty L'Aimant PdT
    Lorenzo Villoresi Musk
    TBS Neroli Jasmine
    Guerlain Terracotta Voile D'Ete
    Carolina Herrera By Carolina Herrera
    Guerlain AA Ylang et Vanille - very sweet
    Serge Lutens Fleurs D'Oranger
    Ava Luxe Rasa / Rasa Xtreme parfum
    Guerlain Samsara EDP - jasmine
    Serge Lutens A La Nuit - jasmine
    Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia With Cardamom & Myrrh
    Guerlain Nahema parfum - roses
    Dana LE Tabu Red Heels
    Ava Luxe Gardenia Musk
    Dior Tendre Poison
    Gres Cabotine
    Gres Cabotine Rose
    Crabtree & Evelyn Nadira
    Clarins Elysium
    Gloria Vanderbilt Vanderbilt
    Anna Sui Sui Dreams
    Anna Sui by Anna Sui
    Yves Rocher Rose Absolue
    Yves Rocher Voile D'Ambre
    Yves Rocher Ode a L'Amour

Thankyou so much for the great list! I do have some of the above coming in decants, so will have fun testing these. I do appreciate you taking the time to do this!
    Last edited by spicegirl; 7th March 2007 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by spicegirl
    Taolady - excuse my ignorance, but which scents in my wardrobe would you consider "romantic"? I'm just learning here, and only know what I like when I sniff it. I thought maybe Bellodgia, but are there others? Thanks!
    Thankyou so much for the great list! I do have some of the above coming in decants, so will have fun testing these. I do appreciate you taking the time to do this!
    I would certainly not think of you as "ignorant" - just in the earlier stages of a journey ... like of all us. And that's why I asked what is "romantic" to you.

From your 'drobe I would think of Bellodgia, Tabu, Shalimar and Bal A Versailles as being "romantic". They are all exotic and very sensual and therefore (for me) "romantic". (Haven't tried Parfum Sacre, Pure Poison, YD Amber Nude or Paloma so can't speak for them.)

From Moondeva's list I would also pick Ava Luxe Rasa Extreme and L'Heure Bleu - but none of these are light lovelies that take a back seat. And "soft romantic frags " are what you specified even though your online moniker is "SpiceGirl"!!!

I find it difficult to recommend frags - prefer to point to possibilites and let your nose do the job! Bet your decants and samples will help you!!

I would certainly not think of you as "ignorant" - just in the earlier stages of a journey ... like of all us. And that's why I asked what is "romantic" to you.

From your 'drobe I would think of Bellodgia, Tabu, Shalimar and Bal A Versailles as being "romantic". They are all exotic and very sensual and therefore (for me) "romantic". (Haven't tried Parfum Sacre, Pure Poison, YD Amber Nude or Paloma so can't speak for them.)

From Moondeva's list I would also pick Ava Luxe Rasa Extreme and L'Heure Bleu - but none of these are light lovelies that take a back seat. And "soft romantic frags " are what you specified even though your online moniker is "SpiceGirl"!!!

I find it difficult to recommend frags - prefer to point to possibilites and let your nose do the job! Bet your decants and samples will help you!!
    Thankyou for that. I actually wasn't aware that spicy oriental types were considered Romantic. I guess I imagined the kind of soft, florally sort of fanciful scents to be more in that genre'. I do have L'Heure Bleu coming, so am very excited to try these out now. I'm all for romance. Thanks again for your help!

I'd say Narcisse Noir and Belledgia by Caron, and Nuits Noir by Mona di Orio are romantic. I would also add La Perla for which I have a great fondness, but which doesn't get mentioned here much , if at all. Is it not a popular one with the connoisseurs? If I want a clearly romantic fragrance, that's the one I reach for. You can buy it in a 15ml size which is excellent. Good for La Perla - I wish other companies would follow suit.

Sensi by Armani is really nice and soft (but enough spice to get the juices flowing), also I think Ombre' Rose by Jean Charles Brousseau is good too.
    Hypnose' by Lancome is also beautiful!

Thankyou everyone for the replies and suggestions. You guys are great!