Code of Conduct

Default Sandalwood postage stamp

If you didn't have a good reason for a penpal from India before, now you do .
    http://snipurl.com/1cbjm

I think France should follow suit with a set of scented Serge Lutens stamps celebrating - the exclusive line, perhaps?

The Royal Mail should buy the Crown license off Clive Christian. Deutsche Post, of course, will get in bed with 4711 And US Postal could freshen up those myriads of old Geo. Washington designs with some Caswell Massey - or will the Bushies push for Stetson ?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Thumbs up Re: Sandalwood postage stamp

Lovely idea. Thanks for sharing the link.

Default Re: Sandalwood postage stamp

I just noticed BN covered this while I was AWOL.
    Well, here's a nice pic:
    http://i16.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/8f/db/07ed_1_b.JPG
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life
    The Royal Mail should buy the Crown license off Clive Christian.
    Hell - somebody should buy it. If I had the money I'd do it - sigh -

L. Villoresi Piper Nigrum stamps per Poste Italiane!
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

I was wondering as I read this how was this going to affect stamp collecting. Will there be a bleue cheese stamp? A nice limburger. a sheet of stamps from the first plates flavored like kimchee for South Korea. Will higher face value stamps have better ingredients?

well there's more here

http://www.linns.com/howto/refresher...ourse.asp?uID=

and it looks as though everyone is getting into the act.

I'm an on again, off again stamp collector. I can think of no better "convergence" of my two (out of too many) hobbies with that Sandalwood stamp. I'll have to check it out.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

http://i16.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/8f/db/07ed_1_b.JPG

Mmmhh, that stamp looks like LV - Sandalo .... mmmhh ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I know lots of people from that part of the world - I will try to get some unused stamps .... sticky glue and sandalwood....mmmmmm....
    -

Fantastic. It's not enough that poor farming/sustainability practices are raising prices, lowering quality, and slowly driving the tree to extinction.. now we gotta scent stamps with it?

Yeah, my question is this: "How is this going to help the sandalwood population?"

They're cut down for their essential oils, and this is going to increase that. If for every two stamps you sell, you plant a tree, I could see it, but I didn't read that in the article.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Well ,we don't know that they're using Mysore sandalwood, or even Santalum album, or even a non-synthetic. Either way, I doubt this is more than a blip in annual consumption. Do you know how many million bars of sandalwood soap they produce in India yearly (again, not exactly from the finest Mysore, I would imagine)? The idea of donating the proceeds to sandal conservation is a great, though.
    My Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life
    Well ,we don't know that they're using Mysore sandalwood, or even Santalum album, or even a non-synthetic. Either way, I doubt this is more than a blip in annual consumption. Do you know how many million bars of sandalwood soap they produce in India yearly (again, not exactly from the finest Mysore, I would imagine)? The idea of donating the proceeds to sandal conservation is a great, though.
    The article says they're using real sandalwood. That said, whether or not millions of bars of sandalwood soap are a responsible use of sandalwood has nothing to do with the fact that scenting stamps is not a responsible use of sandalwood.

I in no way consider myself "green" but there is an obvious need for some kind of preservation/repopulation and this is not helping matters as far as I can see.

It says that the stamps retain their scent for one year. I don't know if I believe this but If it is true then I'm all for it. My mailbox will smell like my most favorite note in all of fragrance!! Do these cost any more than a normal stamp? They shouldn't but they are a little different than the rest. I would love this to be a universal idea for all fragrance companies so people don't have to go and spray the letters or envelope with personal fragrance.

Great article/find!