Code of Conduct

Post "Sensual" fragrances??? Any suggestions for a newbie?

Hello everyone!

Since I'm getting low on perfume, I've decided to create a new fragrance wardrobe from scratch where I'm willing to try things from all of the different fragrance families.

I'm basing my new wardrobe around my different moods & personality traits & have decided to start with "sensual" as this, is the one my hubby will enjoy the most!!!

Sensual "as in" the feeling of silk on bare skin, the sensation of smooth velvet, the colour of crimson red not fire-engine red sexy, mysterious & like a dress with a flowing flip (floaty like a warm caress) mini skirt as apposed to a skin-tight figure hugging dress. I hope you understand what I mean?

Any suggestions & possibilties for me to try will be much appreciated!

Thumbs up Re: "Sensual" fragrances??? Any suggestions for a newbie?

Are you wanting to get a full bottle or try some decants first. I went sick on some mini frags on Ebay. I just find the 1 or 2ml samples aren't enough for me to test!

The new Kenzo Oriental is really nice. Very musky and incense. Still some powder like the original Kenzo Flower - but altogether a different frag.

The Narciso Rodriguez EDT is real sexy. I don't particularly like Stella or Agent Provacatuer - but Narciso is similar but not as harsh. I think the rose is toned down and Musk WAY up.

Or try Chanel Allure Sensuelle. You can get that from Myer which is good.

Otherwise - try some decants from Ebay. I got some great Caron samples for a great price. Parfum Sacre is to die for!

Default Re: "Sensual" fragrances??? Any suggestions for a newbie?

Thanks for your reply Gumoosh.

I"ll buy mini's & decants for the fragrances that I'm really interested in & samples for the borderline ones that I want to try. I live in the country so I usually have to buy samples or mini's off the internet when trying new fragrances!

I've placed the Kenzo Flower Oriental & Narciso Rodriguez EDT on my "to buy" list. Will look up the directory to find out more about Parfum Sacre by Caron.

I haven't had any success with Chanel fragrances, No. 5, No. 19 & No. 22 all reacted badly with my body chemistry, so I'm now weary of trying other Chanel's.

I'm also interested in trying some niche fragrances, if anyone has any suggestions?

The fragrance I am wearing today would suit your purpose. It is Carnation by Mona di Orio. Warm and sensual, like a caress.

Thumbs up Re: "Sensual" fragrances??? Any suggestions for a newbie?

I agree with the Chanels - especially the numbers. #5 doesn't do much for me either. 'Aldehyde' to my uneducated nose is a 'dry floral' if that makes sense. But that of course is my opinion.
    I just thought of another one - 'Alien' by Thierry Mulger. It is nothing like 'Angel' if that is too sweet. www.perfume.com.au is a great site in Oz that have $3.50 samples and some cheap minis. They also have an on line chat where you can ask if they have samples they may not have on their site.
    Happy hunting!

I think the entire Oriental family is most likely to smell sensual to me. Probably I would go with something sweet and warm. Without knowing your favorite notes, I cannot guess what you would like, but for me, it is rose (Parfum Sacre) or peach and spice (Coco) or vanilla (Shalimar or Samsara). Now, if you want a more daring sensuality, move into Chypres and try the gardenia, violet, and leather notes (of Jolie Madame). It's not "red" though, more tan.

Hi,

I would rate the following as very sensual:

- Chanel's Allure Sensual as the name implies
    - Guerlain's L'Instant EDP
    - Narcisco Rodrigues EDP

Good Luck!

Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens

Fleurs d 'Oranger by Serge Lutens

Rose Barbare by Guerlain

L 'Instant de Guerlain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight_flower
    [...] Sensual "as in" the feeling of silk on bare skin, the sensation of smooth velvet, the colour of crimson red not fire-engine red sexy, mysterious & like a dress with a flowing flip (floaty like a warm caress) mini skirt as apposed to a skin-tight figure hugging dress. I hope you understand what I mean?

Any suggestions & possibilties for me to try will be much appreciated!
    Vivienne Westwood Anglomania
    Trussardi Python
    Paul Smith London Woman
    Dana Tabu Red Heels
    Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir
    Chopard Madness
    Givenchy Hot Couture
    Body Shop (TBS) Pink Pepper / Poivre Rose
    Cacharel LouLou
    Vivienne Westwood Boudoir
    Gucci Accenti
    Creed Ambre Canelle
    Montale Aoud Rose Petals
    Dior Hypnotic Poison
    Pierre Balmain Balmya
    Fendi Fantasia
    Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red
    Yves Rocher Ode a L'Amour
    Ava Luxe Forbidden Fruits
    Perfumer's Workshop Samba Red Woman
    Coty L'Aimant
    Etro Etra
    Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Eau Fraiche
    Crabtree & Evelyn Nadira
    Boucheron Trouble
    JC Brosseau Ombre Rose L'Original
    Last edited by moondeva; 8th March 2007 at 03:20 PM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Wink Re: "Sensual" fragrances??? Any suggestions for a newbie?

{I haven't had any success with Chanel fragrances, No. 5, No. 19 & No. 22 all reacted badly with my body chemistry, so I'm now weary of trying other Chanel's.}

I too have a problem with the chanel range but as for sensual you should try Gucci eau de parfum it is warm spicy , earthy with a note of burnt orange and vanilla, heliotrope, orris & musk, it is very sexy and well worth a try it is almost a dirty scent but in a very nice way

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight_flower
    Hello everyone!

Sensual "as in" the feeling of silk on bare skin, the sensation of smooth velvet, !
    Your comment reminded me of Frederic Malle Noir Epices. I find it warm, soft, sexy. The scent lures you in and makes you want to get closer so you can inhale it all. You may be able to get a sample sent to you as I did. Log onto the Frederic Malle website and do the Find your Perfume quiz. See what they recommend, and since you are too far from their stores they will offer to send you a sample.

Good Luck

I think Orientals can be very sensual as well, esp. scents like Shalimar and Bal a Versailles.

My absolute favourite in this cathegory must be Trouble by Boucheron.But I totally agree that Narciso Rodriguez is also very sensual

I just sampled Sensi by Giorgio Armani and found it to be very sensual, warm and inviting. Not necessarily crimson red, but definitely sensual and velvety.
    There are some good reviews posted here in the directory for Sensi.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Moonlight Path by Bath and Body Works is very sensual....Its a soft floral with an amber-musk scent. The lotion is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli-Pet View Post
    Moonlight Path by Bath and Body Works is very sensual....Its a soft floral with an amber-musk scent. The lotion is very nice.
    Welcome, Patchouli-Pet! I like your pointe shoe avatar!

I would suggest Kingdom by McQueen, Agent Provocateur Maitresse or Coco Mademoiselle EDP.
    Last edited by Primrose; 26th May 2010 at 05:46 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Boudoir by Vivienne Westwood- extremely sensual .
    Opium by YSL.
    +1 Hypnotic Poison .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Definitely try Parfum Sacre if you can find it. I'd also suggest Givenchy Organza Indecence and Estee Lauder Sensuous.