Code of Conduct

Default Your favourite Polo?

I own Polo Black and I like it a lot. Might test the origianl Polo this week.

Also, is Polo Blue really that bad? (according to BN reviews)
    MikeD on Chaz by Revlon: "I knew a lady who took one sniff and said "bug spray." I never told the guy what she said, but the termites disappeared, oddly enough."

Default Re: Your favourite Polo?

Polo original (the green bottle) is my favourite. It's the first fragrance I had, and I have had quite a few bottles over the years. BUT, although I've been complimented on it, some people do find it too strong and dry. It's one I've always missed when I don't have a bottle!

I noticed Polo Sport didn't get a great review here, but I always found that after wearing it for a few hours it changed from something obvious and generic to something special.

I wasn't a big fan of Polo Black at first: it wasn't what I expected, but again, having tested it over time, I've come to appreciate it, and to really enjoy wearing it.

I like Ralph Lauren - Purple Lable.
    Floral with nice oakmoss drydown.

At this point I don't own any of the Polo line, not that I feel it is a bad line, I actually respect it and like a reasonable amount of them.

If I was going to get some Polo, I would go for:

- Polo Crest (unfortunately discontinued)
    - Polo (The original Green)

Polo Blue is not at all bad. It is an Aquatic scent and aquatics tend to get bashed on basenotes due to the prevalence of Acqua di Gio. Also aquatics tend to be subdued scents so they tend not to inspire passion that way other types of scents do.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

1. Purple Label
    2. Polo Black
    3. Double Black
    4. Polo Crest
    5. Polo Blue
    6. Safari Pour Homme
    I like Polo Blue alot.....Nice day scent....Vacation scent....Office scent....One that brings a compliment from time to time.
    Gary

I (have) liked every single one of them, from Safari , till now.The ones I liked most were Polo Sport and Romance Silver.
    Lately I wear both Polo Black and Double Black.

For me Crest and the older (more oak mossy) formulations of Safari. Safari was once seriously great juice.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter they are known as liars.

Basenotes Institution

The original green botte Polo - smells 'expensive' even though it's not

-Polo Double Black (the best offering from Polo in a while IMO)
    -Polo Blue (a nice safe, 1st fragrance, good for the summer)
    -Ralph Lauren Romance

I also like Polo Blue the best of the collection, go figure. Yeah, it's very short lived, and in the overplayed fresh/aquatic zone, but I like the cucumber-y notes now and then and think it's fantastic for summer use. Women also seem to love it.

Before I discovered Bel Ami (read my highly regarded review) I had reached the heights of my mid-20s fragrance experience with Polo Crest, and thought it was great. It still haunts a few "off price" stores around NYC and I was once tempted to pick it up, but am saving my dough to get Clive Christian 1872 (around 2072).

Still think well of Crest. I was too snooty for plain old Polo.

Joe

I have a large, new bottle of Crest but find it quite weak and fleeting.

Double Black is an improvement on the original Black, IMO...more interesting and not quite as mainstream.

The original rules.

I used to like Black.. but I got sick of it. Right now I like Romance Silver and Blue.

Hows Purple like? I wouldn't mind trying it.

My favorite would be Polo Green. Very nice. I also remember wearing Polo Crest in High School...now that was surprisingly good. Come to think of it, I rocked a lot of Polo back in the day and I liked them all a great deal. Safari smells wonderful (my brother still wears that) and Blue is a great summer scent. But for the weather right now, at least here, I would have to say Polo Green.

1. Safari
    2. Polo Green
    3. Purple Label
    4. Polo Double Black
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

The original Polo rocks.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Safari
    Polo (Green)
    Romance
    Romance Silver
    Polo Blue

My favorite Polo is the original one.
    I think it's mostly because of sentimental reasons instead of actually loving the scent itself, but i do think that it's a good one too.

From Ralph Lauren:

1. Romance Silver
    2. Polo Blue
    3. Purple Label

Wait a minute...is this a Ralph Lauren house survey or a Polo question?

Among the Polos, I've used Polo Sport more than anything in my life. That said, I think the 1978 Green is the finest. Best scent and composition. It doesn't work in hot weather, but IS sublime in cooler weather.

Number three is Polo Sport Extreme. Sadly underrated. Not in the overall scope of cologne, but out of the Polo line.

Polo Blue did nothing for me. It's inoffensive. That's the best I can say. Read Scenteur7's comment. Represents the beginning of the end of this once great house. Well...the end for integrity. Actually the beginning of more profit...

The little Crest I tried was good, like Green mixed with Safari, maybe...

(I love Safari, but it's technically not a Polo...it's RL. Not everything from RL is a Polo. God in heaven knows that Chaps is not an entry in the Polo line.)

When I get Black, I'll decide on that. Seems like another Blue, but you know..."edgy safe".
    Last edited by Echo777; 2nd March 2007 at 02:49 AM.

1. Polo Crest
    2. Polo Green
    3. Safari (great scent even if not called "Polo")

The rest are negligable..... at best.

Crest all the way......... I'm very miserly with my diminishing stash............

Black is decent enough......... Wear it occasionally..........

I like Polo Double black, although my first Polo love was Polo Green (heady mix of pine and tobacco). Sadly I dont wear it much now.
    -

Polo Green as well, good stuff, it's been been a while
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

Post Re: Your favourite Polo?

Hello!
    The only Ralph Lauren Polo I own is the Sport, aka Polo Sport. It lasts for ages (quite sure I've had it for over 4 years) and I'm quite tired of it tbh. Nonetheless, it's a quite nice scent that I would recommend to anyone. I especially like wearing it during summer

I'd only take the original green one too.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

1.Polo sport
    2. Romance.

smeller

Polo green is a classic.

Polo blue is the worst scent I ever tried. I mean it.

Don't know about the others.

Arrow Re: Your favourite Polo?

Polo Green
    Polo Double Black

Green
    Crest
    Safari
    Double Black

Like hundreds of men's fragrances, most of the Polos have been loaded with the synthetic dihydromyrcenol (laundry detergent on a an aluminum counter). I still prefer the original (though rarely wear it) which also contains a hefty dose of it, although nothing like what's in Drakkar Noir and a few others.

I know that I already posted on this thread, but does anyone else get a green apple note from Polo Green? I really like it. Sometimes I also get a cinnamon...not like in apple pie, but in a mildly spicy but very green note. Curious. Anyone else?